Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] Casascius 2013 S3 Silver Half 0.5 BTC, not graded  (Read 1174 times)
Anduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:09:20 PM

Remember that the auction is extended to 30 minutes after the last bid. Right now auction would be ending at 20:30:08 GMT.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:19:29 PM

And then here is where the newbie bidder unable to prove themselves causes another problem, hopefully greenplastic knows that out of respect for his valid bids and someone possibly bidding him up that his bid was lowered, but now the current winning bid is what he had bid up to previous...
Anduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:26:00 PM

And then here is where the newbie bidder unable to prove themselves causes another problem, hopefully greenplastic knows that out of respect for his valid bids and someone possibly bidding him up that his bid was lowered, but now the current winning bid is what he had bid up to previous...

This crossed my mind also. That bid by greenplastic could have been kept valid, but it was on top of an invalid bid, so was lowered to a minimum bid after last valid bid. Can't really choose both to keep it at bidded value and lower to minimum. I think more fair option was to lower it to last+minimum than to honor "maximum bid" at 0.75.

Bitcoinwaist
Copper Member

Activity: 228
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:26:28 PM

anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:27:46 PM

This crossed my mind also. That bid by greenplastic could have been kept valid, but it was on top of an invalid bid, so was lowered to a minimum bid after last valid bid. Can't really choose both to keep it at bidded value and lower to minimum. I think more fair option was to lower it to last+minimum than to honor "maximum bid" at 0.75.

No longer an issue.   Wink
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:27:56 PM

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:30:53 PM

No longer an issue.   Wink

lol phew, it almost looked like a worst case scenario train wreck of good and proper intentions by Anduck aided by me lol
joe1823

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:45:42 PM

What are f you all talking about, I was willing to pay 0.8 for the coin no problem with escrow from Miner Jones/ Og Nasty.
There was no rule of newbie dposit 0,2 so
Now Anduck gets 0.75 congratulations to you guys!
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:49:07 PM

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

What are f you all talking about, I was willing to pay 0.8 for the coin no problem with escrow from Miner Jones/ Og Nasty.

You're right there are no rules at all for this board. We self govern. You could not fulfill a 1/4 of bid deposit to validate yourself hence you were politely excused from the auction. At the time there was still two hours left(three now counting extensions), you could have gone to your safety deposit box or wherever you keep your cold wallet if you really really really wanted this coin. There will be future auctions and there will no doubt be Cas Silver Halfs around, I recommend you be able to fulfill whatever is asked of you because it will be asked for again in order for your bid to count.

This was a 4 day auction. You had time if you were watching. An auctioneer taking a lower bid while there are higher unverified bids out there goes to show you the importance/value we place on trust and ease of transaction here. There have been trainwreck auctions for a long time in here and its just a cover your own ass kind of thing now, nothing personal against newbie/unfamiliar bidders but you will be asked for things like this.
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:54:24 PM

I don’t want to interfere, but even with cold storage, you could have made the deposit if you really wanted this coin. Just make sure to keep some satoshis at hand for the next one to avoid similar issues.

Cheers!

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
joe1823

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:01:16 PM

I don’t want to be interfere, but even with cold storage, you could have made the deposit if you really wanted this coin. Just make sure to keep some satoshis at hand for the next one, to avoid similar issues.

Cheers!

1. There was NO rule where newbie should deposit 0.2 this was implemented during action, changing the rules.
2. When funds are in cold storage, you can't just deposit them.

Again I was willing to pay 0.8 and even higher but that water under the bridge now.
I will obtain a 0.5 silver no problem.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:09:22 PM

0.77BTC

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 09:11:54 PM

1. There was NO rule where newbie should deposit 0.2 this was implemented during action, changing the rules.
This is common practice; no rules necessary.

Horrible management practice. Just leave it, and remember next time to have a safety deposit ready.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
joe1823

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:14:00 PM

You're right there are no rules at all for this board. We self govern. You could not fulfill a 1/4 of bid deposit to validate yourself hence you were politely excused from the auction. At the time there was still two hours left(three now counting extensions), you could have gone to your safety deposit box or wherever you keep your cold wallet if you really really really wanted this coin. There will be future auctions and there will no doubt be Cas Silver Halfs around, I recommend you be able to fulfill whatever is asked of you because it will be asked for again in order for your bid to count.

This was a 4 day auction. You had time if you were watching. An auctioneer taking a lower bid while there are higher unverified bids out there goes to show you the importance/value we place on trust and ease of transaction here. There have been trainwreck auctions for a long time in here and its just a cover your own ass kind of thing now, nothing personal against newbie/unfamiliar bidders but you will be asked for things like this.

I did several bids, nobody complained.
Then when it seemed like I would get the coin, the rules were changed.
I wanted the coin and would have paid 0.8 for it.
But sometimes it goes like this.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:15:46 PM

From now on it goes like this.
joe1823

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:18:02 PM

This is common practice; no rules necessary.

Says you

Horrible management practice. Just leave it, and remember next time to have a safety deposit ready.

Cold storage - Horrible management practice - Ok whatever.

Don't worry, I won't be bidding in this cartel again, so you guys can keep the price down I don't care.
joe1823

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:21:26 PM

Why so hostile, I just wanted to buy a coin.
Keep your skirt on jeez.

But I won't bid on y'alls auctions anymore, don't worry.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:30:40 PM

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:32:41 PM

Why so hostile, I just wanted to buy a coin.
Keep your skirt on jeez.

But I won't bid on y'alls auctions anymore, don't worry.

Feel free to PM Lauda multiple times daily if you have any more questions. They'll be able to assist you in the future. Grown ups are trying to do business here still.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: