Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:35:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon VII  (Read 820 times)
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:03:28 PM

Wait...people actually CHOOSE to buy Vega's over basically any other mining card? This is news to me. I always thought they were kind of a joke.

Remember so few people mine with Vegas try to remember how long it took after they came out before any decent miners were released.

I would expect that it takes months after release before they are performing at anywhere near max capacity.

Vegas have always been the best option for mining Cryptonight based coins.  At times they were even more profitable then a GTX 1080 Ti; there's a reason why they were sold out and then overpriced everywhere.  If they had stayed in stock at the original MSRP then allot more gamers would have them and have been pretty pleased with them too since they offered reasonable gaming value for their MSRP (but not the hugely overinflated crypto prices).

*For example, NVIDIA released the 1070 Ti specifically because the Vega 56 beat out the regular 1070 in it's price/performance bracket for gaming.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:37:18 PM

Vegas have always been the best option for mining Cryptonight based coins.  At times they were even more profitable then a GTX 1080 Ti; there's a reason why they were sold out and then overpriced everywhere.  If they had stayed in stock at the original MSRP then allot more gamers would have them and have been pretty pleased with them too since they offered reasonable gaming value for their MSRP (but not the hugely overinflated crypto prices).

*For example, NVIDIA released the 1070 Ti specifically because the Vega 56 beat out the regular 1070 in it's price/performance bracket for gaming.

reason why amd would never sell radeon vii cheap, you trolls need to understand there is market for radeon 7 other than gaming and crypto mining. Actually i think amd knew its vega would sell very easily, at that time gpu was scarce and anything above rx 570 performance was selling for a thousand dollar hehe and trolls were buying it hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:51:49 AM

reason why amd would never sell radeon vii cheap, you trolls need to understand there is market for radeon 7 other than gaming and crypto mining. Actually i think amd knew its vega would sell very easily, at that time gpu was scarce and anything above rx 570 performance was selling for a thousand dollar hehe and trolls were buying it hehe

I wonder sometimes if we live in a different world. There are some trolls in mine, but you seem to meet them every second Smiley

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
RiceMiner69

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:57:56 PM

It's easy to sell your Radeon VII when you make an announcement at CES and then only make 5000 units.....
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:13:40 AM

There is that as well, amd made the same thing to vega to what they are doing to radeon vii, make few thousands and jack up the price. Nvidia is the champion last year, they completely stopped supplying to retailers letting prices inflate and then crypto crashed and nvidia have thousands of chips laying around without knowing what to do with them, they could have sold each for $800 and now will have to sell each for $200-300 at most, nvidia failed hard, reason its shares/stock crashed hard, investors dont like idiotic actions.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: