Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin adoption: Don't just sit down, do something  (Read 1199 times)
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 02:14:56 AM

Both ETH and BTC have huge fees from time to time and I can't in good faith recommend them to anyone.

That was when the network was overloaded, as of current I believe it takes about $0.1cent +/- to excute a transaction on the ethereum blockchain and as of bitcoin I haven't done transact for quite some time but i believe the fees will be in cents too.  We have various cryptocurrency so if bitcoin fees becomes high a merchant can have other options for the main time. I believe the goals is to get cryptocurrency adopted with bitcoin plotting the adoption.

In the last 6 months or so, i have made all my bitcoin transactions using the smallest possible amount, which is 1sat/B. That results in a typical tx fee is under 1000 satoshis, usually under 500 (depending on inputs), and gets confirmed within the hour, sometimes within the block (10 minutes).

For reference: 1000 satoshis = 3¢

In the near future, Lightning Network enabled wallets would allow your barbershop to accept bitcoin payments instantly, in fact he could have a "tab" for frequent clients, and further bitcoin updates would allow him to do that even offline...

There was no need for you to waste time with altcoins, bitcoin is becoming even better for business and small "Lightning" payments.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
ICOtags
Copper Member

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:22:57 AM

The title says so. Yes I was introducing Bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency to my friends from time to time. I'm not just talking about the price, but the potential of its technology and the future of it. Although that Bitcoin may not replace cash entirely, but for sure more and more people are going to use it for peer to peer transactions in several years to come. I can see that coming once we don't just sit and wait for the price to go up. Keep sharing!
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:31:19 AM

I would love to encourage people to accept cryptos as a payment option, but if I try to do it, I will be arrested by Police because bitcoin or any other cryptos are notified illegal tender in my country. Can you do something about it? No!

Don't just blame the community! Try to know why they are not able to help in the adoption process! Majority of them are legally bound like me!

99% of the world has a neutral or positive stance towards Bitcoin. You are in a very small group of people that not only can't formally use Bitcoin but can also get arrested for doing it. There are some crazy places like Venezuela where police steals mining equipment and arrests people for mining but it can't be treated like something normal.

Most people aren't doing anything because they aren't paid to do so. Are we to take a day off and walk around town persuading merchants to use Bitcoin?
Yeah I think so, most users are workers they will not do anything without getting paid, so is the promotion of bitcoin. whereas what they promote can provide benefits to them afterwards. if you are prohibited from promoting bitcoin because it's illegal, you can promote it anonymously on the internet?
keshav.sawant.83

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:32:19 AM

We all want bitcoin to be globally adopted right, you want to be able to use your bitcoin as a currency to buy foodstuffs, goods or service in your local community then what are you doing to encourage that? No one here can tell me that he/she hasn't sold anything before, so you have no excuse of not accepting bitcoin in exchange for what you sold be it your books, gadget or anything salable expect you never knew of bitcoin then.
I walked into my barbers shop yesterday then notice something was different (i took a closer look at what was printed on the A4 paper pasted on the notice board and it reads "We now accept Bitcoin & ETH as payment options" it went on to explain that ETH will be accepted for the $2 and below fees and bitcoin accepted for fees above that. It gave me joy because I was the one who introduced him to bitcoin few years back. As an act of encouragement I have promise to promote his business both online and in popular blockchain related gathering I attend.
Few of my previously sold gadget monetary value were received in cryptocurrency and i have come to realize if we want the world to take us seriously we have to act ourselves so I'm encouraging the service providers and others we have on forum to start accepting bitcoin, charity begins at home.  
I am agree with your opinion. We are just small community who has no any power over big governments which have all resources for accepting new laws. Few years back everything was different and enjoyable. Everyone want to take profit from markets so no need to force this community.

Governments are elected by people. If majority of people want bitcoin no government can do any thing about it. They cant jail half of its population. Unity is power. Before that creating acceptability in masses is the most important requirement. We have take an initiative in our village. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5098721.0.

People think starting big online exchanges serving the world, we created Local Independent Micro Exchanges (LIME) with zero cost in our villages. Government can jail single big exchange owner but can jail all small exchange owners. One big exchange can control and manipulate exchange rates but LIME's are independent to set their own prices which can be accepted or rejected by general public. General public are free to go to any LIME's who can give better exchange rate. Now my village farmers who are uneducated can invest in bitcoin.
keshav.sawant.83

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:17:12 AM

We all want bitcoin to be globally adopted right, you want to be able to use your bitcoin as a currency to buy foodstuffs, goods or service in your local community then what are you doing to encourage that? No one here can tell me that he/she hasn't sold anything before, so you have no excuse of not accepting bitcoin in exchange for what you sold be it your books, gadget or anything salable expect you never knew of bitcoin then.
I walked into my barbers shop yesterday then notice something was different (i took a closer look at what was printed on the A4 paper pasted on the notice board and it reads "We now accept Bitcoin & ETH as payment options" it went on to explain that ETH will be accepted for the $2 and below fees and bitcoin accepted for fees above that. It gave me joy because I was the one who introduced him to bitcoin few years back. As an act of encouragement I have promise to promote his business both online and in popular blockchain related gathering I attend.
Few of my previously sold gadget monetary value were received in cryptocurrency and i have come to realize if we want the world to take us seriously we have to act ourselves so I'm encouraging the service providers and others we have on forum to start accepting bitcoin, charity begins at home.  

We too have taken up initiative to promote bitcoin and connect more people with bitcoin.

Just because you sell stuff, may i ask you.
Would you be interested in starting a LIME.
LIME - Local Independent Micro Exchange.
Let me get it clear - LIME is an ideology and not a product.

An exchange just for local people in your neighborhood, community or even tourist places. This will save people from sending their personal information to some offshore exchange with zero liability. Through LIME you can provide people with liquidity and most importantly you can introduce them to bitcoin.

I have written a post on how my village farmers now invest in bitcoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5098721.0
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 09:24:12 AM

There was no need for you to waste time with altcoins, bitcoin is becoming even better for business and small "Lightning" payments

There are definitely other factors at play here

And we have already seen them in action. People won't pay with Bitcoin for things you mention (like daily necessities or haircut), even if it would cost them nothing in terms of fees and time. But it doesn't mean either that Bitcoin will be useless and worthless. It will just turn into digital gold (it is not yet) but without gold's shortcomings and deficiencies. And this is where altcoins are going to pick up the lead as with Bitcoin being new gold (a store of value), using altcoins as change money would make perfect sense

Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:09:45 PM

Well i think that is a good idea.A lot of investors who have little shops, or little businesses , like the man with a barber shop can accept the payment in BTC and and let other people know about the existence of this coin and make Bitcoin useful in everyday situations.
by marketing bitcoin to the public it will greatly help the spread and adoption, in the near term I will make a service business,
and I am ready to accept payments with bitcoin, at least that will give little help to bitcoin
As much marketing as possible, to spark interest and get people more involved and learning about bitcoin. Small businesses and overall any business that accepts crypto currencies is a lot. working towards a bigger purpose
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:21:07 PM

yes i agree with that statement, i think it will be great when you do something in bitcoin or cryptocurrency, dont sit down and see what happen, you need to make something changes with your move.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:44:25 PM

I would love to encourage people to accept cryptos as a payment option, but if I try to do it, I will be arrested by Police because bitcoin or any other cryptos are notified illegal tender in my country. Can you do something about it? No!

Don't just blame the community! Try to know why they are not able to help in the adoption process! Majority of them are legally bound like me!
Legal clarification is a major issue when it comes to bitcoin adoption, majority of the countries have not done anything to have some clarity to use it as a legal tender, with due time we will see majority of the companies adopting bitcoin for trade and the ease with which you can trade internationally is the best aspect of crypto currency.
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:49:05 PM

You are correct, many in crypto wait for mass adoption to come while thy sit on their asses doing nothing. What I have notice in crypto is that there is the belief that always someone else has to do the job. And it is because of someone else that we are not rich yet. This has to stop. People in crypto should at least promote crypto to outsiders.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:51:51 PM

If only one person moves, there will be no effect. The step we have to do is to grow our awareness to unite in fighting for the adoption of bitcoin
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:36:11 AM

Social media is one of the efffective tools in spreading the news on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and I've been doing this since I started using bitcoin a couple of years ago. Some of my friends don't like the idea of a currency that can be use only when you are online but after they've their own research, they are now planning to buy bitcoins. They are many ways to the spread the use of bitcoin to speed up its adoption and it is up to the people to do their own.
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:03:52 AM

It would be great to see bitcoin becoming widely accepted as a medium of payment globally but truth be told it wouldn't be that easy. We have alot of very cryptocurrency unenlightened people globally some fill it just share scam so trying to convince folks like this would be hard

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Bhugz09
Copper Member

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:31:05 AM

The idea is very nice. Hope all establishment will do the same way so that it will be easy for the users for payment of bill.

│      HUBRISONE.com      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:48:12 AM

I agree with your assertion here , but the issue here is that not many here are into business or provides services and so they will not be able to have a massive reach. I think the best way to increase the adoption rate of cryptocurrency is improving on the various key technologies of the blockchain in order to extend value to the everyday activities of the public.
Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:20:05 PM

Hold bitcoin for long term is also a support for bitcoin. When more people hold bitcoin then bitcoin price will tend to rise then it will makes people's desire to own bitcoin increase. Finally more people will adopt bitcoin as medium of exchange because they want to like bitcoin users who improve their prosperity. But we can do more by create online shop which accept bitcoin.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:43:33 PM

I agree to you that we should really do something if we want the bitcoin to be recognized as a currency by all of the people. We should help the bitcoin to become more popular for us to earn more benefits. The value of the bitcoin will increase more if more people will patronize bitcoin.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:45:57 PM

Social media is one of the efffective tools in spreading the news on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and I've been doing this since I started using bitcoin a couple of years ago. Some of my friends don't like the idea of a currency that can be use only when you are online but after they've their own research, they are now planning to buy bitcoins. They are many ways to the spread the use of bitcoin to speed up its adoption and it is up to the people to do their own.
- Agree that media is a useful tool that can help us spread crypto and bitcoin, encouraging people to use more bitcoin in life but with news like scams and losing money around bitcoin, our spread only has the opposite effect, it will make people think that we are scams and stay away from us. In addition, encouraging the use of bitcoin can make us face government and police when bitcoin is always an enemy of government, I think you should not continue to do this, it will put you in danger, what we should do is make money with bitcoin in silence, acceptance or disapproval of bitcoin, it is not so important

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:50:50 PM

The market is now continuing gaining more popularity and power because we users are now keep promoting it. There are now many investors who entering the market because they attracted to the high returns that they can get through investment. As a user, I keep promoting cryptocurrencies because for the people in my community to earn opportunities and benefits from it.

rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:13:47 PM

Great and inspirational thought and I really agree with you how bitcoin become powerfull over the government world wide.
In the help of eaxh other and people understand how bitcoin works as currency we need to encourage more people to understand the importance of bitcoin as currency to become large community to protect agains the government want to destroy bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: