Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could the fork trend be over for Ethereum ?  (Read 333 times)
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:52:41 AM

I just checked coinmarketcap, I noticed that Ethereum hasn't just drop about almost 12% in the space of 24 hours but it has also been replaced by Ripple's XRP on 2nd position on the position.
Do you think the upcoming hard forks of ETH hype is over and people are dumping already ?

This scenario is quite similar to previous hard-forks. First, pumping the price and then dumping strongly but this time it happens quite soon

fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:20:24 AM

the effect of this hardfork I think not too look gives the increase. the vision of the hardfork itself is actually pretty good and just wait for only the time it arrived. regarding the price downtime may be difficult to be perceived and even makes ripple back up. I hope this is just a drop in the ordinary course as before and will soon jump high again.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:40:53 AM

I just checked coinmarketcap, I noticed that Ethereum hasn't just drop about almost 12% in the space of 24 hours but it has also been replaced by Ripple's XRP on 2nd position on the position.
Do you think the upcoming hard forks of ETH hype is over and people are dumping already ?

Did you know what's the definition of forks? It's not over yet but the fact that both of new ethereum tokens that claimed to be the fork from ethereum already revealed as scam forks. You should not put it in your mind. I guess that not yet ended and this will be forever until it will be perfect.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
m0Ray

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:16:05 PM

I think it's just a game in the market. People are very panicked and decided to sell the coin at a higher price to get a short-term profit. I think that's a good thing. Since some people will leave the cryptocurrency and we will have more profit.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 01:39:03 PM

I think it's just a game in the market. People are very panicked and decided to sell the coin at a higher price to get a short-term profit. I think that's a good thing. Since some people will leave the cryptocurrency and we will have more profit.

I somehow agree with what you said because there are alot of impatience which usually choose the buy and quick dump way form of trading while some people believe that the whales are behind the down slide of the market. However, the ETH hard fork hype is not yet over.

SRKNGL

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:43:49 PM

Ethereum fork updates seem to be out of scam. Their purpose is to defraud investors by making use of the update in Ethereum. So don't invest in ethereum forks.

qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:48:25 PM

It's not over. The hype is there but there's just a whale that cashed out.
You'll see mass pump before the said fork.
Right now, it's a good time to start buying and preparing for the fork.

Its looks scary do you believe it will bounce back again and pump harder? I agree the hype is not yet over but such a massive drop is really sad to see, still the hopes are alive and I believe it will recover very soon.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:55:04 PM

I somehow agree with what you said because there are alot of impatience which usually choose the buy and quick dump way form of trading while some people believe that the whales are behind the down slide of the market. However, the ETH hard fork hype is not yet over.
The market is so volatile and with how the whales played with emotional traders, it seems that is just another run from them, the hype still active maybe whales doesn't like to see a big growth as they can't possibly control the momentum, so they just doing some shake and wait for weak investors to give up and quit so they can buy those cheap coins around.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:01:31 PM

The constantinople hardfork will take place on January 16 and this type of price dump in the market is very usual since the whales also wanted to buy ethereum at a sale price before the hardfork. What happening right now is very usual everytime that there will be a scheduled hardfork. This maybe unlike BCH where it went up a price before the hardfork so I could say that market manipulation is on the line.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 12:30:02 AM

The seemingly introduction and announcement of the proposed hardfork has brought about an increase in the marketcap as well as the price of ethereum. This development has made some holders to be in profit and by virtue of that some people are now taking their profits, seeing that ETH increased against BTC.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 08:08:42 AM

This hardfork doesn't make a new coin, so I guess it will not make the price decrease and even I think because this fork is basically an upgrade to some features, it should give good affect to the price of Ethereum. So, this dump I think, is because of the crypto market in general is also dumping, not because of the fork.

chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:09:33 AM

The fork will be able to make the Ethereum is so popular and many people attracted to meet the fork. But, this time, some forks of Ethereum are exactly scams. They are smart in choosing what kind of condition of the panic people about finding the ethereum fork. Because they believe this fork will really make the trend better.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:35:11 AM

Yes, Ethereum again dropped to the 3rd place and I am not surprised by this, as the crypto-currency market proves once again that it is unpredictable. I hope the nearest Ethereum hard forks will improve the technology / network and thereby increase the popularity and demand for ETH, which will lead to increased prices and capitalization.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:53:04 AM

The ETH fork which is going to happen on 14th of Jan 2019 is the official one and it is supported by almost all exchanges and it is to improve the ETH blockchain, other forks are just scamming the users. The one which was to schedule on 11th Jan 2018, their is no result of it. Hope that the price will improve after the 14th Jan fork finishes
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:07:36 AM

the price of ETH down can be due to 2 Hardfork Scams, namely Nowa and ETCV, and only one is original Constantinople, but it can't make ETH prices go up because of the Constantinople hardfork we don't necessarily get free coins, because according to the info I hear Hardfork Constantinople is just an upgrade

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
KingDome

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:26:50 AM

the price of ETH down can be due to 2 Hardfork Scams, namely Nowa and ETCV, and only one is original Constantinople, but it can't make ETH prices go up because of the Constantinople hardfork we don't necessarily get free coins, because according to the info I hear Hardfork Constantinople is just an upgrade
well, yeah. it is an upgrade to the whole blockchain around the world to reduce the miner fees and etc. we can expect more pumps coming up until 16 January.
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:04:38 AM

All spoke about how that before a fork is expected a sharp downturn Ethereum. It's probably already started. Let's see how things will develop further. But I plan to buy more Ethereum.

Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:24:09 AM

Some scammers have already start to take advantage of the fork and bring out their own scam fork of Ethereum like ETCV. What I know is that after this fork, Ethereum platform will be better which will make more investors to have interest in it.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:30:44 AM

That sharp decline was most probably coming from Bitcoin market, not Ethereum. Moreover, majority of people now know that Constantinople will not create a new coin so hoarding ETH is pointless this time.
myohmy81

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:57:57 AM

I'm surprised and find the current market price very interesting people should be buying Eth right now it should be pumping but that is not what happening right now, it was overtaken by Ripple for the second time, I just knew it's going to be a head to head battle for these two coins.

Yes there is a tough battle going on between these two coins, as ETH has dropped more than $18 today which was never expected in this hard fork. A lot of speculations were only on the pump.
This is a proof that the market is unpredictable as we have expected to rise the price of ethereum before the hard fork and now the price go on reverse with the expectation of the investors. Although it's too early to make a conclusion about this hype of the recent fork and I'm hoping that more positive news will come to increase the market demand. The battle of the second top position will continue with the rivalry of Ethereum and Ripple.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: