Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On shitcoins (Bitcoin Cash specifically)  (Read 357 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 12:48:55 AM
Merited by pixie85 (1)

He can, or rather could have some coins because he got into space early. It would be stupid not to buy Bitcoins cheap or mine them in the days when you could do it on your average laptop. He's greatly exaggerating his resources. He might have a couple million dollars to juggle but no more. People who talk much rarely deliver and Craig is very talkative. He insults and threatens people who don't agree with him. All this puffing and huffing and Satoshi's coins remain untouched.

in 2012.. i got in. i seen price histories of cents-a couple$ so seeing $6 my mindset and many mindsets of people was $6 was "not cheap"

hindsight 7 years on is NOW.. that $6 was cheap. but at the time people did not think things were cheap as they couldnt predict the future

also what proof is there that craig wright got into bitcoin "early".
all i see is that he made some tulip trust of public keys that anyone can do
also his drama started in 2013+[mainly 2015 onwards].. not 2008-2012

so id say he had no bitcoin prior to 2012

lastly the most important part..
craig wright has nothing related to bitcoin. so can we just side line him as old boring social drama of 2015-2018... and not bring his name up again in 2019

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 06:19:59 AM

I just hope you are right, bitcoin cash has done a lot of damages already and right now I'm in no support of more future hardforks ,they seem to be ruining everything, bitcoin will remain the best no matter what.

mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 06:23:50 AM

Bitcoin cash is the one which ruined the market in December till now the market is struggling to show some massive change in the CMC chart. We were speaking a lot about the hardfork but there's no any specific change in the market.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:43:27 AM

i disagree with that view. i don't see anybody switching over to a shitcoin from bitcoin specially a shitcoin such as bitcoincash. usually people with that view confuse investors (or more precisely the pump and dump participants) with people using these shitcoins and them having a "utility".

the biggest problem is that when you fork bitcoin you are basically copying bitcoin and you are copying all of its shortcomings too. so people will always have 2 choices:
go with bitcoin which is the most secure and most known and used cryptocurrency which is the only properly decentralized one.
or choose among thousands of altcoins one of which is BCH. and i don't see any legitimate company choosing BCH while there are better altcoins.

additionally in a way i think these forks are a good thing for bitcoin in the long run. why? because they are proving that copying bitcoin like this is not going to end well as each of them fail and fall like flies in the long run even if they get pumped for a while.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 10:24:59 AM

i disagree with that view. i don't see anybody switching over to a shitcoin from bitcoin specially a shitcoin such as bitcoincash. usually people with that view confuse investors (or more precisely the pump and dump participants) with people using these shitcoins and them having a "utility".

the biggest problem is that when you fork bitcoin you are basically copying bitcoin and you are copying all of its shortcomings too. so people will always have 2 choices:
go with bitcoin which is the most secure and most known and used cryptocurrency which is the only properly decentralized one.
or choose among thousands of altcoins one of which is BCH. and i don't see any legitimate company choosing BCH while there are better altcoins.

additionally in a way i think these forks are a good thing for bitcoin in the long run. why? because they are proving that copying bitcoin like this is not going to end well as each of them fail and fall like flies in the long run even if they get pumped for a while.

Could you be more specific about what you are disagreeing with?

I don't remember anyone saying in this topic that he wanted to dump Bitcoin in favor of Bitcoin Cash (and this is not the question of the topic itself). Obviously, there are enough credulous people who somehow believed the folks like the ones mentioned in this thread and the fairy tales they had been telling them (and are still telling) since otherwise scam and fraudulent schemes simply wouldn't be possible in the first place (and I don't necessarily mean crypto here) as well as con artists themselves   

basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:33:12 AM

I do not see anything wrong in the fact that there are so many forks because thanks to them we can earn extra money

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:40:04 AM

I totally agree that these forks are mostly useless money-grabbing scams. BCH was a big one, but even now we are seeing it with ridiculous attempts to create sustainable ETH-based chains following Constantinople. Sure, very occasionally there is a genuine reason for a split (ETC I suppose), but far far more often the new coins are utter garbage that are damaging to the reputation of crypto, and help contribute to chaos in the markets.
beehimneff

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:53:50 AM

I agree with the author! It is extremely important to get rid of toxic people in your life. Bitcoin also needs to avoid such toxic people, so that bitcoin can flourish and become stronger and stronger every year. Cool
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2145

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 11:44:58 AM

In case of Bitcoin Cash things didn't stop at just stealing Bitcoin's name as they got even worse than that with Craig Wright trying to steal the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto himself. Here lies the difference between altcoins which are on their own and Bitcoin forks which are pretending to be Bitcoin, the one and only
I understand your frustration about Roger and Craig, but hey, it's about marketing and we can't stop that. We need more marketers like Andreas Antonopoulos, Ivan on Tech, etc. I'm afraid that BTC camp's marketing effort is just shit compared to BCH and BSV... We cannot win this battle with code alone.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2019, 02:04:52 PM by deisik

In case of Bitcoin Cash things didn't stop at just stealing Bitcoin's name as they got even worse than that with Craig Wright trying to steal the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto himself. Here lies the difference between altcoins which are on their own and Bitcoin forks which are pretending to be Bitcoin, the one and only
I understand your frustration about Roger and Craig, but hey, it's about marketing and we can't stop that. We need more marketers like Andreas Antonopoulos, Ivan on Tech, etc. I'm afraid that BTC camp's marketing effort is just shit compared to BCH and BSV... We cannot win this battle with code alone.

Actually, I don't feel frustrated at all

In fact, I'm quite satisfied and content that these dudes left Bitcoin, hopefully for good. Regarding the marketing issue, now we see how it backfires when people start to realize that it was all inflated hype and no real value behind it. Roger Ver offering OpenNode (a Bitcoin payment processing company) $1.2 million to switch away from Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash was really pathetic if true. They dance on nothing and they know it

Other than that, it is not about code or marketing as it is about utility, i.e. capacity for satisfying needs. Do you need to proselytize the US dollar? It's the same with Bitcoin. It is services which make use of it that need to be marketed in an unobtrusive and smooth way

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: