Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CMC still safe at all ??  (Read 22977 times)
Rafiqul

Activity: 1358
Merit: 10

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Coinmarketcap is merely a website which takes prices from exchanges and list them.

So, i don't think there is any problem about safeness. Problem is fake exchanges giving out fake numbers. Mostly fake volume.
Yes, I agree with your opinion. Coinmarketcap is only a platfrom where they shows information. Investors get information about cryptocurrencies here. It collects crypto prices from exchanges and list them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:32:26 PM

now everyone believes that the coin that has been registered with Coinmarketcap is a good coin and is believed to have a bright future, but in reality some coins that have been listed on the coinmarketcap are removed from the list. therefore coinmarketcap is not a benchmark for coins that have a good future.
Micerker

Activity: 593

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 02:35:54 PM

I’m starting to worry about coinmarketcap lately, after series of deceit and spammish activity
The following are my observed reasons

1. Many dead projects still on cmc

2. Market cap is fake Cox many projects which have seized to trade adds up to the market cap

3. Cmc doesn't verify authenticity of projects before listing it

4. CMC now have ads of fake icos on their website thereby leading people to scammers

Funny enough so many NOOBS believe anything and everything dey see on cmc to be authentic

Let me stop here and anyone against it should bring a proof to counter it
Or offer more options
Many Altcoins are not liquid but have no official notice or some have not yet been censored, so it has not removed from CMC. Also, CMC accepts ADS if anyone accepts the fee.

beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 02:38:11 PM

I don't think CMC can be safe or unsafe.

It is just a listing website. There is lots of shitcoins yes but it is part of the crypto. Lots of people has countless shitcoins and they are using to check the price of it.

Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:43:03 PM

now everyone believes that the coin that has been registered with Coinmarketcap is a good coin and is believed to have a bright future, but in reality some coins that have been listed on the coinmarketcap are removed from the list. therefore coinmarketcap is not a benchmark for coins that have a good future.
The best coin is already on the top coin market page in CMC, the whole data is still counting all crypto basically only the overall accumulation IMO is not a coin that has a future too, but which has been listed on the exchange only.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 02:55:31 PM

Illusion makes it easy to speculate and make money with wrong beliefs but some tools can let us elaborate on the essential needs in these arguments. Depending on the coin's market cap some analyze site can ignore it and take another one for review. Competition makes it hard to level up.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 03:11:40 PM

CMC is a platform for listing projects that have a minimum trade volume with more than one exchange listed. CMC does not do a job to verify projects authenticity. Much like an online platform where people can buy ads. Why do you think CMC put ads manually? It can happen that CMC manage all things automated, so anyone can place a banner on their site. I'm not advocating the CMC, but I just see it is only a listing site and people should not consider them as an investment idea.
Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 05:44:17 PM

Going through the comments I think even if it is not cmc job to check if a project is shit or scam

I think coinmarketcap doing adverts for a scam ico is not good enough
And also; there are glitches too

A token can worth 1000$ on coinmarketcap then shit on exchange platforms; what causes that ??
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:08:57 PM

I’m starting to worry about coinmarketcap lately, after series of deceit and spammish activity

2. Market cap is fake Cox many projects which have seized to trade adds up to the market cap

4. CMC now have ads of fake icos on their website thereby leading people to scammers

Funny enough so many NOOBS believe anything and everything dey see on cmc to be authentic

Or offer more options

Well, at least they have some requirements for coin or token to be listed on their site such as daily trading volume.
It means a brand new coin cannot be listed on Coinmarketcap unless they have listed on some exchanges to gain volume.
Many coins dead in coinmarketcap because they were not developing anymore.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:16:28 PM

Well ofc it is still worth it. It still provides valuable info to those who are trading, just another tool in the arsenal. It is also good for discovery, for example if you dont know where a coin is traded, it will show you where you can find the markets.
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:21:39 PM

I would not believe this resource. Therefore, I think that these resources as a whole are centralized, because these resources can unambiguously be manipulative. All that today has the capacity for manipulation should be avoided.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 06:33:12 PM

Or offer more options

Well, at least they have some requirements for coin or token to be listed on their site such as daily trading volume.
It means a brand new coin cannot be listed on Coinmarketcap unless they have listed on some exchanges to gain volume.
Many coins dead in coinmarketcap because they were not developing anymore.

Yes I do agree with you and which is why coinmarketcap also have to delist all the tokens that are no longer developing and are void without volume

That form of clearing off spam projects will renew a fresh revolution for coinmarketcap
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:43:20 PM

To some extent you cant blame them they are not responsible for scam token what they just do is to list a coin so that crypto community can easily track the coin price and other activities and for fake volume on cmc, the fault is from the exchange it self. Most exchange use bots to add up to volume which are not real. There is little or nothing cmc can do in that aspect

leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:36:16 PM

To some extent you cant blame them they are not responsible for scam token what they just do is to list a coin so that crypto community can easily track the coin price and other activities and for fake volume on cmc, the fault is from the exchange it self. Most exchange use bots to add up to volume which are not real. There is little or nothing cmc can do in that aspect
I agree that they're not responsible for those scam tokens but people are relying to their data all these years so they must take full responsibility to the legitimacy or reliability of the exchanges were their data comes from. At least they aren't denying this issue and this would be a great help to polish the truthfulness of every existing exchanges.

If we tolerate this kind of matter, we the people will suffer at the end, people are not finding who to blame though it's just that someone must take action.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:29:20 PM

I would not believe this resource. Therefore, I think that these resources as a whole are centralized, because these resources can unambiguously be manipulative. All that today has the capacity for manipulation should be avoided.
in any case, I do not see any compelling reason not to trust this resource.  The information provided about cryptocurrencies is generally known and generally available, so CMC is a useful project that most users of cryptocurrency use.
Fammosh82

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:30:16 PM

When actually do start investing in the cryptocurrency markets and building a portfolio of coins, you will find yourself refreshing Coinmarketcap multiple times a day, if not more.

I guarantee it.

Once you put money on the line, you will constantly want to know where your money stands at all times.

This isn’t exactly a healthy habit to get into, ESPECIALLY if you plan to HODL.

But if it's how safe cmc is,  then yeah,  it's very safe!
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:05:20 PM

When actually do start investing in the cryptocurrency markets and building a portfolio of coins, you will find yourself refreshing Coinmarketcap multiple times a day, if not more.

I guarantee it.

Once you put money on the line, you will constantly want to know where your money stands at all times.

This isn’t exactly a healthy habit to get into, ESPECIALLY if you plan to HODL.

But if it's how safe cmc is,  then yeah,  it's very safe!
People are constantly updating the coinmarketcap because the market is very volatile and we all know how sharply any altcoin can start growing. and now it is very important to have time to sell the coin that you are holding. It can make a sharp pump and then fall back to the same levels

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 09:18:09 PM

I don't know why we must worry about CMC?
CMC is  just site that provide us information on crypto such as project name, price, market etc
They don't force us to agree with them, just for one indicator if we want to check some altcoin or exchange, until now I still use it cause it helpful for me and nothing bad happened.

TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 09:43:00 PM

They are authentic enough if you really focus on the things you like and particular project or asset you are pursuing I think the idea is just to find more info on assets and then work through it not see it as an investment platform or kinda portfolio You dont really need all the coins there Just a selective few will do the job

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:51:14 PM

I'd like to see CMC remove some of the dead projects they list, and I'd also like to see them exclude more questionable exchanges based on the research that's out there. There are issues with fake volume, for example. However, it's a decent website overall.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: