Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would u open a loan to buy the dip?  (Read 19369 times)
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 04:26:29 PM

would you open a loan to buy the dip? and when it dips again you would open up another loan to buy the dip. and lets say repeat the process. probably no one is doing this. because being in debt is a bad thing. just depends on far u would invest into bitcoin or even crypto currency. sad it has to dip in the first place.

I have written in many of my earlier posts "First rule of any financial market is , only invest the amount which you can afford to lose". Do you really think it is wise to take loan to buy the dip, if someday it goes 10 folds down to that what would happen? Your equity will be near to nill and you would have other stress to repay the loan. I would definitely not like to be in such situation ever. I would like to invest only the amount which I do not need badly.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 04:32:25 PM

would you open a loan to buy the dip? and when it dips again you would open up another loan to buy the dip. and lets say repeat the process. probably no one is doing this. because being in debt is a bad thing. just depends on far u would invest into bitcoin or even crypto currency. sad it has to dip in the first place.

Never make loans to invest, especially in high-risk investments such as cryptocurrencies. You will surely sleep better at night and live with less stress  Smiley
Life_time_student

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:13:53 PM

I believe in blockchain technology and have a sound idea of trading thus, I would stretch a bit and get a loan. But, if you are a newbie then please "INVEST ONLY THAT YOU CAN AFFORD LOSSING". I say this because the market is highly volatile and there are fair chances of a price drop. During bear market, one must have a diversified portfolio and good trading skills to sustain.

Rest is up to the investor.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 05:13:58 PM

Hell no! It's too risky and stupid in my opinion. I heard some stories that people opened loans at $18k-16k when Bitcoin already started to go down. Put yourself into position of these people. Now they lost much - they were forced to sell their cars, houses and other valuable property to return loan. For me it looks similar like to take loan for gambling. There is one golden rule - don't invest more than you afford to lose. Better invest less, but wisely.
And in general, I'm very sceptical about loans. Now people open loans very easy for even small purchases without thinking much about it. While I rather have less, but my own money rather than return money that I lent from bank with interest.

Wasimalik

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:18:01 PM

I'm not that much confident right now to take loan so i can buy btc. If anyone will do that it is not bit of risk but a bunch of risk for sure.

Wasimalik

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 05:20:04 PM

Hell no! It's too risky and stupid in my opinion. I heard some stories that people opened loans at $18k-16k when Bitcoin already started to go down. Put yourself into position of these people. Now they lost much - they were forced to sell their cars, houses and other valuable property to return loan. For me it looks similar like to take loan for gambling. There is one golden rule - don't invest more than you afford to lose. Better invest less, but wisely.
And in general, I'm very sceptical about loans. Now people open loans very easy for even small purchases without thinking much about it. While I rather have less, but my own money rather than return money that I lent from bank with interest.
Good thinking man, never invest too much that you can't afford to lose. Always double think before playing any risk shot.

Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 06:07:51 PM

In cryptocurrency,no one can state clearly the dip.So,the dip one sees today could go down more than another 50% dip or more.On the other hand,if you watch from last year till now ,crypto market keeps on loosing huge amount of money of which each and every crypto trader witnessed that on crypto market cap.
As a result, I will not open any form of loan just to buy the dip.In business, one takes a risk,but that should be calculated risk not just involving myself in a situation that might him me tomorrow. In other words,I was taught that risk management system is highly crucial in trading.
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:14:06 PM

You can't invest in cryptocurrency market with someone else money or credit. Although the market offers high profit, there is a high risk that must be taken into account. If you have money that you don't need in short term you may consider to invest. Because you are able to wait, if it necessary.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:16:25 PM

I would consider it for comedy value, but only if I could easily cover it without ever getting a penny back from crypto 'profits'.

Of course if I could afford to do that I would not really need a loan. It is revealing though that we hardly ever hear about people taking out loans near the bottom but plenty at the top.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:44:20 PM

This will be a dangerous move; opening a loan to buy this dip. Have you consider many ifs attached to this move? Like what if you buy the dip and the market goes dipper? What if the market didn't smell recovery until 2021? How will you pay back your loan? The risk is too high. Hell no, I won't take a loan to buy the dip.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:46:13 PM

i wont invest that i cant afford to lose , taking loan mean i get money i never have , so if i lose it i cant payback for it again ,
You should think positive mate and don’t be so negative as there is 100 percent chances to earn in crypto but if you will use your mind properly trust me all 100 percent will be multiplied with 10 so you can pay your loan as well as you will get lots of profit.  So I think if a person gets this opportunity never lose just get loan and invest.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:03:57 PM

I have never used loan for bitcoin, it's ridiculous if you make loan only for bitcoin. I'm afraid this will be troublesome and disrupt your life if bitcoin continues to decline. You will cry because it .. Angry
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:21:44 PM

No dude, it is not a good way to invest with borrowed funds. It bring unnecessary stress and might just get you into trouble if the dip continues. Just invest with your spare cash.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:59:41 PM

You should never, ever take a loan to make speculative investments. There's too much risk involved. There's no guarantee that price will recover or that you'll be able to repay the loans with proceeds from selling BTC.

The proper use for loans is to back business ventures (where it's reasonable to expect a return) or in cases of temporary income shortfalls where you have expected income that can repay the loans.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 08:38:05 PM

Buying the dip can easily turn into catching falling knives

If you have plenty of dough and a stable income not related to crypto, then averaging down (and its variety called dollar-cost averaging) should be a preferred way of buying a falling asset. If your income comes from trading, and more specifically, cryptotrading, then trying to buy the dip may have disastrous consequences for you and your balance. In these circumstance, you should have long been shorting and covering your shorts at each dip as required, not entering long positions (until the tide turns)

Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 09:33:10 PM

haha investing into bitcoin with a loan is not the best of idea at all because the risk involved is very huge and unless you have some guts most people would not do this. One common thing that most crypto enthusiasts always say is that invest into crypto an amount of money that you can afford to lose and a loan is not that money that you can afford to lose.

It's rather that amount of money that you have to afford probably with an interest when its duration is due. lol Grin

coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 09:39:14 PM

Theres another way to make a money that you dont dont need to loan then buy in crypto because its dip. Uts so risky to have a loan because you dont know what will happen to your money when you buy in dip. The market is so volatile so dont take a risk and dont loan that will you will regret after.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:34:49 PM

No, I would never take a loan to invest in crypto. It's too risky. I just save some money from my salary for investment. So much calmer for me and not so risky. And I think it's the right thing to do.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:44:48 PM

I certainly believe in crypto, but I would still not take a loan for investment. It's too risky. If you do not have money to start then you can try other ways to earn crypto. Or first save up some money, do not rush. It is better to invest later, but your money that will not afraid to lose. Otherwise, you will feel terrible if you can not then pay the loan.

Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:48:57 PM

Doing all of this will not gonna help you to solve your problem but instead you risk everything just for the investment but without a backup plan. This is a total stupidity if you ask me but i won't risk bigger than this but instead keeping the pace that you can still keep up even if everything seems to vague. You might find yourself in the end holding the cold bars inside the small room.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: