Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:43:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC?  (Read 14829 times)
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:25:20 AM

If in terms of value, btc will always dominate over xrp. But in the sense of worldwide usage, I think xrp will win on this. They have a great marketing on their project and they already get interviewed on ellen and donated some money so others will be educated about it.
Maybe because the developer of bitcoin are still unknown? Unlike with XRP that compose of a great team. Market capitalization is the basis of a top coins so I think bitcoi will continue to place on the top position despite of the growing team of XRP.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:49:20 AM

No government, company or private will launch a PoW coin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.msg49593430#msg49593430

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:14:01 AM

Yes XRP defeat the ethereum in rank only but not potential of the ethereum. Because ether is still more potential compared to the ripple.
Before the ripple beat bitcoin,  ethereum it can beat first the bitcoin because as I said ethereum is the most potential and become more popular in cryptoworld as of now and I think it will takes few years only to reach number 1 in rank ethereum.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:21:41 AM

No government, company or private will launch a PoW coin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.msg49593430#msg49593430

How pathetic... You are sliding into every ripple thread and post your same made up bullshit story lmaoooo

Never seen someone more pathetic than you
 Grin
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:26:48 AM

Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?

Not in individual coin price. Possibly in marketcap, but likely not for some years yet. I think BTC will remain the king, and to outsiders it will remain synonymous with crypto - at least until we see widespread institutional investment, which I think is some way off.

nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:09:25 AM

I understand xrp seem to be a huge project with the back up of financial institutions but I personally don't see ripple overtaking bitcoin any time soon due to the inherent weekness it posses. Ripple is barely a cryptocurrency and not deregulated. It's more of a digital currency, its market capitalisation is still a far cry from bitcoin which holds more than 40% of the coin market cap.
James678

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:44:43 AM

No even a low chance for that, because XRP is not decentralized. Crypto supposed to be decentralized and there is no way for centralization in this place.
From my point of view you should take care about your vision, pick another coin
Lesia13bbb

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 09:51:52 AM

I think that ripple has no chance of winning bitcoin. There is now no stronger coin than bitcoin. He essentially has no competitors.

kolitski

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:51:58 AM

Impossible that XRP can defeat the bitcoin because bitcoin has a large of investors and community support that is why they called the bitcoin the king of crypto currency because of high price in the market.

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:58:40 AM

Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?
All credits to the XRP team and community for the countless effort which has placed it on the second position for quite some time now. Talking of XRP surpassing Bitcoin seems like a chase of the Holy Grail now. Although Ripple is occupies the second position, it is nowhere near Bitcoin in terms of market cap. Bitcoin market cap is about $60B whereas XRP is about $12B. You can deduce the difference.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:09:41 AM

There is still enough room for XPR to defeat Ethereum in coinmarketcap because even that happened before, but I think it will be very difficult for ripple to be able to shift the position of the king above. Maybe the ripple still need more time to do that.

DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:57:53 AM

XRP is not yet quite strong to defeat the bitcoin i think XRP needs more time to defeat the bitcoin, the bitcoin is the king of crypto currency and have a high value of the price in the market. Bitcoin have strong platform and blockchain technology.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 11:18:39 AM

XRP is one coin that is doing well however it cannot topple Ethereum or Bitcoin in future. I do not see it happening at all. XRP is easily manipulated because of its centralization as a cryptocurrency and that's why its always coming close to Eth

rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:28:25 AM

There is still enough room for XPR to defeat Ethereum in coinmarketcap because even that happened before, but I think it will be very difficult for ripple to be able to shift the position of the king above. Maybe the ripple still need more time to do that.
Even if XRP needs another 10 years, it still cannot beat and surpass BTC. BTC is the king of crypto and there is really no one who can compete with it. If XRP wants to defeat BTC, it must achieve a lot of goals such as surpassing the market capitalization, passing the level of popularity, or XRP being used as cash. Obviously these are impossible tasks

Meizu

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:39:50 AM

My answer is categorically no. XRP is one of the best coins on the market, and for me this project is promising in the future and therefore potentially profitable. But if we talk about competition with Bitcoin, the coin XRP today is not sufficiently developed and is not so popular among the community in the crypto-currency world. But I do not exclude that in the future XRP will move up the cryptocurrency ladder.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

it is very impossible, even coins that have a lot of users like ethereum are also still having trouble defeating bitcoin especially with this XRP will not be possible. bitcoin has the biggest market capitalization in the marketcap, I'm sure bitcoin will always always be the top.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:50:22 AM

It’s unrealistic that if he can still compete with ethereum in terms of capitalization, then it’s very far from Bitcoin!
MrPeriklis

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:56:59 AM

No because the values behind it are wrong, it'll never create a movement for mass adoption.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:17:00 PM

XRP has already defeated ethereum by market cap. So there will be a continuous struggle between the two good and promising coins to outperform another. But it does not mean that ethereum is a weak coin based on XRP beating it. There is highly competition in the market and one can obviously beat another through performance. Ethereum may also defeat even bitcoin in the future. 

Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:29:26 PM

Xrp had a tremendous growth for the past several months and many big banks are now supporting it. It these growth continue, it will likely overtake ethereum again in the near future. But defeating bitcoin will not in a few months but years since it has the biggest market capitalization. If xrp can match the achievements of bitcoin for the past ten decade then it can possibly defeat it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: