Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't fell for FUD. Stand your ground bitcoiners!  (Read 1423 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:52:15 PM

- I don't think that was a good reason, even if all of those bitcoins has been mined, but without demand, its all is just for nothing, the simple thing is as long as we have demand, bitcoin will be fine but how long it will keep going on ? People's money has its own limit
Bitcoin's use will play an important role, and the simple fact that it's digital Gold is another benefit. Gold's industrial use is negligible. If it was valued based on that, it would lose over 90% of its value in an instant. The rest of Gold's demand is entirely speculative. Bitcoin is better in almost every aspect. No reason to think that there won't be any demand at a later point.

With Lightning there is an actual currency aspect people can utilize on a daily basis. If that picks up, there is basically nothing stopping it from growing for decades.

-  But why merchants still want to reject this one to be applied ?
Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but merchants will adopt Lightning, because it's instant, and cuts out the +3% fees that flows straight in the pockets of greedy financial services such as MasterCard and Visa. Giving people 3% discounts on their purchases through Lightning will definitely attract a whole bunch of new customers, and generate even more revenue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 09:01:50 PM

I start using bitcointalk's ignore button to avoid Fudders. I think fudders never will change. Every time when bitcoin price starts to go down they start spreading negativity! Bitcoin dead, crypto dead and words like these they always use. Though the bear market helped to remove those fudders! And I stopped talking with fudders already.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 09:13:37 PM

With Lightning there is an actual currency aspect people can utilize on a daily basis. If that picks up, there is basically nothing stopping it from growing for decades.

it'll be interesting to see how the fee dynamics play out. like 20 years out, how much bitcoin will you need to own at once to able to transact reliably (accounting for onchain funding/settlement fees)? if one is priced out of transacting onchain entirely, LN can't really be a solution at all right?

(that at least leaves bearer instruments which are compatible with bitcoin and don't require onchain fees)

while i'm excited for LN and the prospects for micropayments and usage as a currency, i'm still not sure what to expect from the fee market in the coming years and that will have a major effect on LN's utility.

if transacting onchain becomes prohibitively expensive, i wonder if using bearer instruments as cash will catch on. no fees, no movement of money, just like passing bills back and forth.

xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:34:47 PM

I start using bitcointalk's ignore button to avoid Fudders. I think fudders never will change. Every time when bitcoin price starts to go down they start spreading negativity! Bitcoin dead, crypto dead and words like these they always use. Though the bear market helped to remove those fudders! And I stopped talking with fudders already.

Maybe i should use it too to be honest.

People who call Bitcoin scam is just clueless and it's amazing how they can be clueless still despite so many years. That is the kind of negative people who never build anything new.

People like that will exist for a long time sadly, let's hope that in the far future it improves a lot being a lot more innovators and a lot less negative people.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 10:44:43 PM

Next halving it is, I really hope that the price of Bitcoin will soar high reasonably when that time comes but let's be realistic here people, for it to go up again it needs to be use by more people.
definitely, bitcoin price will bounce back as soon as possible when there is high in demand which i hope will happen when SEC approve ETF, during this period more people will regret while others will buy at higher rate but then it sill be too late for majority to have their share; like what happened in 2017.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:52:29 PM

After I got a deep minus in my investments in bitcoin after fut that I took as the truth I do not believe even to an ordinary prognoses for future bitcoin's price. I set my target for my coins and I will follow only this.
That’s the best thing for me because you study the coin and you are confident on the decisiom you’ve made. FUD is always be there to distract our inner peace and trying to ruin our focus but don’t worry because if you have a target price, you will be guided. You don’t have also to spread the fud just to make the price move, better to spread knowledge about cryptocurrency and the price will slowly pump.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 06:02:43 AM

Fud news is only affected beginners with little knowledge, for the one that already got experienced,we know what is capability of Bitcoin, for now many countries still hesitate to adopt Bitcoin but most of us already can feel the usage of Bitcoin,once it is adopting by a lot of countries you will regret not to invest Bitcoin earlier, if we check the transactions volume we can see that a lot of people still like to invest in Bitcoin,so it's impossible for Bitcoin to suddenly dead

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:14:52 AM

Fud news is only affected beginners with little knowledge .

no mate . im not a beginner anymore but i notice that im still affected with fuds but i can somehow control my self  .  while newbies are the real target of these fuds , they easily believe and panic .

Only people who know nothing about bitcoin and crypto in General can spread the negative.

how can they spread fuds if they dont have a knowledge in bitcoin and on crypto ? most fudster are actually crypto users and they are doing fuds because they want people to panic so that they can take advantage of the situation  .
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:36:41 AM

Fud news is only affected beginners with little knowledge, for the one that already got experienced,we know what is capability of Bitcoin, for now many countries still hesitate to adopt Bitcoin but most of us already can feel the usage of Bitcoin,once it is adopting by a lot of countries you will regret not to invest Bitcoin earlier, if we check the transactions volume we can see that a lot of people still like to invest in Bitcoin,so it's impossible for Bitcoin to suddenly dead

Hey I'll second that newbies are always falling for fud, as they have zero knowledge of how Bitcoins works. Also panic sellers have shown an tendency to believe fud, as they do not bother to do basic due diligence and their negligence effects bitcoin prices. It's pertinent to note that the adoption rate has increased this year, and I'm sure many countries will be adopting it by the year end.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:41:37 AM

It's really important that you have knowledge about things before you invest your money, fuds affects newbies and some of those who forget about reading and analyzing the real deal around the market, you have to be wise not to allow yourself beating by any news which will lead you to a possible losses.

Let them think whatever they like, stand your ground and keep your faith as future will dictate what will happen after.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:46:08 AM

it is a pretty common thing to call bitcoin dead whenever price has fallen down, and this trend increases the closer we get to the bottom. also whenever price is stable like nowadays the idiot traders who think profit is only in their day trading with 1% profit, start spreading FUD because they want the volatility to continue.

in the end bitcoin is still bitcoin. the same decentralized currency that has always been if not stronger  now compare to before.

i would also like to point out that newcomers shouldn't buy bitcoin to make profit, they should covert their centralized fiat to decentralized bitcoin if they want to benefit from this unique money that we have here.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 07:54:33 AM

One lesson i have learned from crypto is to always refrain from FUDs. It can lead to the making of careless decisions of selling off valuable coins at cheap price and later regret or buy back the same coins at high price. FUD has great influence on the market and if we wish to see another bull market any time sooner, we must refrain from all sort of FUD and create more awareness about the benefits and advantages of patronizing cryptocurrencies.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:08:30 AM

how can they spread fuds if they dont have a knowledge in bitcoin and on crypto ? most fudster are actually crypto users and they are doing fuds because they want people to panic so that they can take advantage of the situation  .

most of them are newbies themselves. otherwise they would have traded normally like the rest of us without feeling the need to spread nonsense. 90% of the things you read online specially on forums that are negative about bitcoin is written by someone who is new to trading, tried shorting and failed or sold in some dip and failed to buy back,... and now they want to solve that thinking if they fool others to go in their desired direction they can fill the orders they have placed.

Only Bitcoin
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 08:25:25 AM

I wish to ask the question here. What is more of a scam FIAT currency which is an IOU piece of paper that can be printed in unlimited amounts to generate inflation and even hyper inflation and is controlled by a single entity the Central Banks/ Or Bitcoin which is limited and finite in supply and can even be owned by various entities around the world and not governed by one single entity or body, thus it is decentralized. We need to assess what the alternatives are before we even start to believe or listen to those who are against Bitcoin and promote FUD everywhere. I think FUD is created primarily to reduce the price of Bitcoin, so that the big people that be try to own more and more of it to control the markets.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 09:21:39 AM

I agree with you, mate. I don't intend to sell one single satoshi from my btc holdings as the potential for btc to raise the next years is very high.

If you invest only what you can afford to risk then there is no reason for you to sell now when price is very low and a much better option is to keep your btc and monitor the market for the next years. Patience  is one of the keys in crypto.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 09:32:08 AM

- I don't think that was a good reason, even if all of those bitcoins has been mined, but without demand, its all is just for nothing, the simple thing is as long as we have demand, bitcoin will be fine but how long it will keep going on ? People's money has its own limit
Bitcoin's use will play an important role, and the simple fact that it's digital Gold is another benefit. Gold's industrial use is negligible. If it was valued based on that, it would lose over 90% of its value in an instant. The rest of Gold's demand is entirely speculative. Bitcoin is better in almost every aspect. No reason to think that there won't be any demand at a later point

I'm not sure that you are correct about gold

Well, technically, industrial use of gold may be small but it looks like by that you actually mean anything other than using gold as a store of value or a vehicle for speculation. And from this perspective, you are not correct as it is only the minor part of gold which is used as non-digital "digital gold" (if I may say so). The major part of total gold supply is used in jewelry (over 50%)

Indeed, you can say that this gold should be counted toward speculative demand on the basis that people can always sell their gold jewelries. But that would be too far-fetched as people can sell virtually anything for that matter, and I don't really expect many to think of their wedding rings as a speculative investment anyway

With Lightning there is an actual currency aspect people can utilize on a daily basis. If that picks up, there is basically nothing stopping it from growing for decades

I wouldn't count on Lightning too much

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:43:07 AM

Exactly when there is bitcoin price dump, I see a lot of articles here and in other bitcoin forums / Blog that bitcoin will end soon and it is something which is only for short term and lot of such stuff. I think its time that we do not believe on such news/views and stay focused on our believe that nothing can bring down the Bitcoin and it is the real future of money.
If we understand this properly, then no fud can affect us and we may never sell in panic because of these false news.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:22:53 AM

When I was new in crypto world I thought those users spreading FUD are right since they are experienced one who know more compared to me who is just starting. I tend to panic everytime I see posts saying things like that.

But now I used to it and realized that you should have your own way of thinking and understanding in cryptocurrencies, have your own research. In that way only you can dictate yourself on whats the right decision to do with your holdings.

Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:42:30 AM

If he is sick of all us cryptonians then whats the reason he was still staying in this community?So the answer is clear just to bring FUD and Misinformation right?Or maybe the other way around that this man is a crypto loser?Lets not just demerit him instead put on our ignore list.

For OP please continue bringing this kind of topic.bitcoiners need more of this than reading TA and speculative threads,lets make more realistic post
bitcampaign

Activity: 1764
Merit: 268

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 01:43:42 PM

-Next halving is in less than two years: https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
If you don't know what halving is, just remember that halving means less BTC mined means price increase.

We also don't forget that when Halving 2016 then the price started to increase and I felt that in that year the price really rose dramatically until 2017, so I will wait for 2020 later, I always listen to what my financial advisor says

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: