Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can A Cryptopia Exchange Got Hacked Simple Like that ?  (Read 581 times)
Teamfearless (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:29:18 PM

Do you Think Cryptopia Was hacked Or They are just Trying To  Run Away with peoples money  !!

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:30:47 PM

I don't know. Without any solid evidence, it's probably fair to give them the benefit of the doubt. They are not the first exchange to get hacked. If your funds were affected due to the hacking incident, try to file charges.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:39:08 PM

They claimed to have reported the incident to the police so what would be great is if they published the police report to prove that it was indeed a hack and not an inside job with one employee disappearing with a shed load of ETH.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
prasad87

Activity: 242
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:02:57 PM

They were most certainly hacked.
But there's no news on HOW they got hacked.
I guess stay tuned for the next few days, we'll have more information.
They are a registered entity in NZ, they can't just run away with the money.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 09:06:11 PM

I am totally sure they've decided to run out with money. Look, their exchange is almost died, hackers have stollen all eth based tokens, how is it possible? Where have their security been?
It is so shady to me

NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:12:45 PM

Let's hope that they will return all the money. Not such a large amount was stolen. And reputation is more expensive, I hope.

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:48:53 AM

I also have digital currency assets on this exchange, and many reports have publicized that this hacking incident may be the self-directed performance of their own exchanges.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:56:37 AM

We need more prove ,to me it sound like an inside job and I've been using that exchange for sometimes its just too good to be true ,I will wait for more days to actually see what happens

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Bountyl

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:14:28 AM

Personally, I do not believe they hacked them. In my opinion, the stockholders took out all of the cryptic currency on the eve of the large growth of cryptography. Maybe he'll be soon. It's a pity for the exchange, it used to be very often used by it.

Huobi Russia  |  Digital Asset Exchange Platform
https://www.huobi.com.ru
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:28:12 AM

We need more prove ,to me it sound like an inside job and I've been using that exchange for sometimes its just too good to be true ,I will wait for more days to actually see what happens
It seems true if that was an inside job. The hacker has owned an address which contains multi millions dollars. is that possible for a hacker to do that? How they can get hacked while that happens when they are maintaning the platform?
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 08:31:45 AM

Bitcoin and other crypto coins are still attractive to hackers even though their prices are low today. Seeing the history of the exchange has been hacked several times so I'm sure cryptopia can also be hacked by hackers. But drama can happen who knows, of course, the authorities can confirm it
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:41:08 AM

The hack took everyone by surprise actually. New Zealand police was actually doing investigations with regards to the acclaimed hack. I think it's high time crypto enthusiasts started storing their coins in personal wallets with extreme security measures. I saw a tweet from CZ Binance saying storing coins on Binance is safe, I'm not disputing that but I think storing coins in any exchange for a long time is like keeping salt outside hoping it never rains.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:46:57 AM

From an exchange that goes on maintenance plenty of times, I'm inclined to believe that they were hacked. As someone already pointed out, they are a registered exchange so it's not easy to just run away. Anyway, let's see how things unfold.
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:53:57 AM

I don't know and I am not sure about that. But it's could happen to them as they want to take attention from the traders and wants to make them to panic. I have some coins in that exchange too but it's not too big as I know that cryptopia is not a big exchange. But I am little bit worry about the hacking news that is happening on that site and I hope our account and balance will safe although we don't know how much the lost.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:57:11 AM

Do you Think Cryptopia Was hacked Or They are just Trying To  Run Away with peoples money  !!

it is impossible to answer this question to be honest. and not just for Cryptopia but generally for any other exchange that gets hacked like this. there is always a good chance that when some exchange claims they were hacked, they would be lying and there were no hack to begin with. there isn't truly any investigation to clarify that either.
sometimes the chances are more when the exchange had some problems prior to the hack because we see them having the incentive to run away. and in case of this exchange they started showing some red flags a while ago so it is possible.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:04:22 AM

I don't know how accurate it is to keep long-term money on exchange like Cryptopia.

I hope nobody gets hurt in the end. However, such attacks can damage the entire market.
Kolikalex55

Activity: 278

simply getting the job done

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:13:20 AM

Oh my God ! I used this exchange only once and didn't keep any money there. I'm sorry about the guys who traded on this exchange. But now is the time to scammers found quickly and the exchange will open for withdrawal. I hope that justice will prevail !

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:54:53 AM

They claimed to have reported the incident to the police so what would be great is if they published the police report to prove that it was indeed a hack and not an inside job with one employee disappearing with a shed load of ETH.

Official Police Report, the second one
http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/update-investigation-involving-cryptocurrency-company

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:03:53 AM

Of course it is possible to hack an exchange, a couple of exchanges have been hacked over the past years. That is why it is best not to store coins in the exchange’s wallets, we never know what will happen.
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:11:10 PM

Do you Think Cryptopia Was hacked Or They are just Trying To  Run Away with peoples money  !!

it is impossible to answer this question to be honest. and not just for Cryptopia but generally for any other exchange that gets hacked like this. there is always a good chance that when some exchange claims they were hacked, they would be lying and there were no hack to begin with. there isn't truly any investigation to clarify that either.
sometimes the chances are more when the exchange had some problems prior to the hack because we see them having the incentive to run away. and in case of this exchange they started showing some red flags a while ago so it is possible.
If they wanted or planned to run away with money, why should they then invest their money in the development of the exchange? Expanded staff, changed the site design?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: