Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU LOOK AT WHEN EVALUATING A CRYPTO PROJECT  (Read 472 times)
Anonimous Smoker (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:25:11 PM

Fellows, I would like to ask you to describe your evaluation process of a crypto project:

What do you look at?
In what order?
When looking at some X factor, when do you judge it in a positive or a negative manner?
What a project needs to have for you to invest on it?

Tks
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:40:12 PM

There is lots of things to check at.

My first thing to look is what will they do with unsold tokens, what is the purpose of tokens, is there a deflation model and is there any dividends.

raden1922

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:47:32 PM

The first thing I evaluated was reading the white paper and the project team and background. After that, begin to see the most important goals (about vision and mission). At least that's what I did in researching the crypto project. Thank you.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 12:52:48 PM

There is lots of things to check at.

My first thing to look is what will they do with unsold tokens, what is the purpose of tokens, is there a deflation model and is there any dividends.
Now that there's really spouting a lot of useless token projects in the market, my number one choice always is its total supply.The lesser the supply the better.But of course the teams approach to customers with the ads and medium. Then followed by its team and dev legitimacy and of course the project's dedication.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:55:08 PM

My order is:
- whitepaper: very important, where the core of the project is explaned. This is where I can see if a project is only a copy of a copy of others or it's original
- checking team: I check team in linkeding, if I don't find them, I would pass.
- telegram channel: I take a look at questions and answers in telegram chat.
chakhigh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:29:39 PM

I check the team and whitepaper ..is there a good working or demo product in the development stage? This one point is important too.. I check their telegram and see how active the project's team is ..A sample of solid project is the current Gigzi one. This has a good team with an active telegram, plus their ecosystem is promising..

Anonimous Smoker (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:46:10 PM

My order is:
- whitepaper: very important, where the core of the project is explaned. This is where I can see if a project is only a copy of a copy of others or it's original

Is it usual to see the devs themselves answering questions on these telegram chats?
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 03:50:21 PM

The first thing I find out is that their team, at least there must be some experienced people in the blockchain field. Then the problem they solved, the product. Last but not least, their investors, the market like today needs a lot of capital to maintain the project.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:50:54 PM

My order is:

Is it usual to see the devs themselves answering questions on these telegram chats?

Usually it's the community managers that answer first, but if you ask a more technical question they'll ping DEV's to have better answers.
(At least thet's my experience)

karman383

Activity: 384

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:07:07 PM

The main thing I examined was the Project Team. Must have a clear and experienced team and have a clear record. that is to say, you have to see who the people behind the project are, because the success of a project is also due to its big name. Then examine the long-term goals or road map.
Goodluck for you. Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:09:56 PM

Fellows, I would like to ask you to describe your evaluation process of a crypto project:

What do you look at?
In what order?
When looking at some X factor, when do you judge it in a positive or a negative manner?

Tks
I prefer to check whitepaper before deciding to invest. Working product is big + for ICO and this additional advantage can return in other ways to project. Investing to project for strong team is debatable due to professional human factor.
amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:11:27 PM

I try to see if the team are who they say they are not edited pics... and I try to look at the number of interested investors... note ... the investors are not the number of people in the telegram chat... You can check out the number of interested investors in the bitcointalk Ann thread
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:17:51 PM

The project idea itself and the people behind it, other than this is all other factors are just BS, you can now buy everything with little cost starting from WP, fake community, fake rating, and the list goes on. The project idea and the people behind this idea are all that matters now and especially the people behind the project is probably the most reliable factor to decide the legalization on a project.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 08:29:25 PM

The first thing I do by evaluating crypyo project is that I check their website and White paper to know what the project have to deliver, follow by how Long the project will last, the  total supply, how much per token and lastly the team member.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:32:03 PM

First of all I try to understand the validity of the project, if I do not have the right skills I look for informations from different sources. Secondly, communications are very important to me.
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:50:15 PM

I agree that the essence of the project is very important, because now there are very few ICO that have an original and necessary idea. It is also worth paying attention to the development team and their plan for the development and scaling of the project.

baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:53:30 PM

Well, here is a long list. For a start, I look at the documents of the projects. I fully study what the project is intended for. Looking for information on the team. Reviewing the project site. I watch what other experts say about the project.

Then I do my analysis. If the ideas are too complex or too many tasks do not even look.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:49:43 PM

I would focus on how active the dev team are, if they get things done according to the dates in a roadmap then you can bet that the team behind the project are actually people interested in the development of the project. They also need to be communicate with the audience, sometimes you find projects where people show interested but the team doesn't provide feedback.

I prefer to check whitepaper before deciding to invest.
A whitepaper is important, but nowadays, it seems like whitepapers mainly use buzzwords and use a lot of technical terms to make them sound smart to draw attention, and there's also the fact that some projects simply copy-paste a whitepaper from anothe project, so you gotta be careful if you're only look at a whitepaper to evaluate a project.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:30:41 PM

What do you look at?
in one word: innovation.
that is mostly because i am sick and tired of all the copy coins that don't introduce anything new and keep repeating the same ideas that were introduced years ago by their ancestors.
additionally that innovation has to be implemented well enough because sometimes people take a very interesting idea or innovation and ruin it by a terrible implementation.

that is a different question in my opinion.
i only look for shitcoins that are more pumpable. because i want profit when i invest and good altcoin projects don't give as much profit.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:33:01 PM

What do you look at?
In what order?

Tks

What do you look at? - I always check the whitepaper first to find out the usage of the token if it is attainable or realistic.

In what order?

- Check the following procedure

1.  Whitepaper/Roadmap
2.  Background of the team they have, also the owner or developer
3. Budget for the bounty allocation categories
4. the usages of the utility of the token

- of course I will judge it in a positive manner.

- It has to be transparent to their investors or community up to end of their project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: