Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:44:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU LOOK AT WHEN EVALUATING A CRYPTO PROJECT  (Read 472 times)
fonzie_vite

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:40:10 PM

The idea is the main driver. If it is interesting enough, I'd read the whitepaper. Then I'd then research the team, partners and token metrics (for an ICO).

For example, I am really interested in smart contracts. If I find something innovative happening with them, it immediately piques my interest.

As you can guess from my user name, I am a big fan of Vite which is implementing Smart Contracts on a Block lattice (DAG). Another one to watch out for me is Origo which again has to do with Smart contracts only this time they're privacy focused contracts.
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:01:11 PM

Once I was interested in one project but when I went to their official website and saw a whole bunch of grammatical mistakes there, this project ceased to interest me. Therefore, since then I also look at the information on the site and how it is written. But the first thing, of course, I look at the composition of the team.
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:05:05 PM

I hope you're referring to coins too, not just tokens, anyway, the first thing I check is the market cap - circulating supply, I have no intention of using in my day-to-day no coin or token above of 250M units, so no matter the technology or anything else, I'll be seeing only the speculative side and trying to get more BTC! Then I'll check the product type and/or read WP, I know most things today are only in WP, but with that I can reduce the number of SCAMMERS. Then I do a different analysis if it's Coin PoW or Coin PoS and Tokens! Lately I have little interaction with tokens.
Anatolich

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:23:05 PM

First look at the team that makes this project. Then on the very idea, already on these two criteria it will be clear scam or not. Well, now a little very sensible, you can protect on the fingers.
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:29:20 PM

Fellows, I would like to ask you to describe your evaluation process of a crypto project:

What do you look at?
In what order?
When looking at some X factor, when do you judge it in a positive or a negative manner?
What a project needs to have for you to invest on it?

Tks

in fact in terms of this assessment we cannot do it patent because each project certainly has its own strengths and weaknesses, and we judge it flexibly. more often in the case of the team or partnership they rely on is a good thing and does not give too much bonus for the tokensale
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:46:12 PM

looking at the hype, if anybody talks about it, I'm like 80% it will be flop when it hit an exchange. Well hype can be good sometimes, just need some research of course

oly4life
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:43:07 PM

My order
1- the whitepaper.  I love going through to know exactly what the project has got to offer
2- The team members, will check through for their past achievements and how well grounded they are
3- the tokens- it's use and what benefit it will offers to holders
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 06:58:26 AM

knowing the concept project from the whitepaper is the thing to do. When feeling the concept there is good enough then look at the team that runs the project to make it more convincing that it's run by the right people. see wallet is there to make sure the token at their disposal as well. though not accurate at least this could help.

Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 08:06:15 AM

First of all, I start looking at the project team (whether it is known or not). Next, see if there is a whitepaper (as it is written there and if there is all the information). Then I see if the project has a product. These are the three main criteria for me. Then I check social networks, ratings and so on.
likit123

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:58:04 AM

I study hundreds of projects a month, applying 10 different criteria to them in order to find the most promising and reliable projects for a portfolio, and there are only a few of them.
- project country
- Community team
- White list
- technical documentation
- looking through social. networks and so on
My analysis takes a huge amount of time, but in the end, projects bring profit.
repear7

Activity: 1026
Merit: 110

Need Bounty manager ? Contact @repear71

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:19:57 AM

in my opinion the thing to note about choosing the ICO project is the white paper as an illustration and background of why the project was created, whether it has a good future. the road map and the team in it are the people in it credible enough to manage the project. profession and good name will be at stake when they are just trying to trick the investors. there are still many other factors to judge so we are worthy to put some of our money to invest in it
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:22:32 AM

I think when evaluating Cryptocurrency project we need to look at the product and what they have to offer in terms of value to the community.
I think the Whitepaper would help to get the desired details

But don’t trust the white papers always
Kardon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:34:29 AM

Fellows, I would like to ask you to describe your evaluation process of a crypto project:

What do you look at?
In what order?
When looking at some X factor, when do you judge it in a positive or a negative manner?

Tks
In fact, in the selection of the project a lot of nuances, but immediately notice that even observing all the rules, there is no guarantee that this project will be successful in this market. First, I carefully study the documentation and the roadmap, also a very important factor is the project team and their experience in the cryptocurrency world. An important factor is the idea itself...the main thing is to understand whether this idea will be in demand among users, you should also pay for soft cap and hard cap.
cryptolove.143

Activity: 246
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:40:45 AM

Personally I heavily focus on evaluating the team.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:47:09 AM

after joining bounty campaigns for almost 1 year I decided that the most impotnant thing is bounty manager. chose manager with whom you like to work.
Garrixx

Activity: 182

ONe Social Network

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:02:54 PM

First of all, I look at the development team and how the site is designed because it tells us a lot about it

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
Masatos

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:11:52 PM

for me personally, the most important indicator is the money raised by the project and for the time they have done it

█████████████████████ SWINCA █████████████████████
Real-Estate Finance Revolution: BUY SWI
https://www.swinca.io/
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:51:13 PM

What do you look at?
In what order?

Tks

Real people means a real project, they should have a very active channel and not leaving investors and promoters after they got their money, I notice that scam and those devs that will run away usually do not update their channel anymore, so this is a sign to look for.

kiansantan

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:56:01 PM

When feeling the concept is good enough, look at the team that runs the project to make it more convincing that it is carried out by the right person. look at your wallet to ensure the tokens they have too. although it's not accurate at least this can help.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:56:10 PM

I prefer investing to an altcoin that is full of potential in terms of partnership and the trading platform they are using. How often they are upgrading their platform and advertise the project to get more investors. It is a plus for me how dedicated the team members are because that is a strong proof that they are serious with the project.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: