Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistake you should avoid when holding your Altcoins  (Read 24196 times)
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:25:00 AM

If you are happy with your profit, it is the right time to sell it. But the problem is many of us regret when we see the price pumping after we sell for a decent profit. There were once I bought a coin for $400, I sell the coin when the price go to $1700. But who know, the amount of coin is worth $150k during the Jan 2018 bull run.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 09:50:14 AM

I did the same mistake like you because iam too greedy, when uptrend we will never know when the peak price and the price will never keep going up, and that why we shoould be take profit although we can not make maximum profit. Lesson learned, never be greedy because crypto market is not all the times bulish and in others times will be change to long bearish. I promise with my self will never again greedy and hopefully bull market will coming again to recover my loss.

mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 10:10:16 AM

also i am a holder waiting for the bull market unfortunately there is the real risk that the altcoin still fall in value or are even be delisted (10mt and 10mti) then the council is fixate a personal value that can go well and sell
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 10:22:18 AM

also i am a holder waiting for the bull market unfortunately there is the real risk that the altcoin still fall in value or are even be delisted (10mt and 10mti) then the council is fixate a personal value that can go well and sell
It is inevitable that altcoins might lost in value.

Some will survive but many will lost their entire value, this will happen when people will learn that few altcoins aren't worth holding anymore.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 10:51:42 AM

I agree with you, never be greedy and wait for more profit. If you received tokens for participation in the bounty/airdrop or for participation in the ICO, then try to fix your profit. If you still hope that coins can cost much more, it is better to leave 50%. Then you will not be so sorry if the coin will not grow for a long time.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:01:43 AM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

But you forgot about the difference between selling in a loss and selling in a profit. Look, what you will receive by selling earned tokens from bounties/ICOs if the value of these tokens are close to zero?

tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:03:03 AM

We believe in bullrun as an event that will change the market and make us rich, but we forget about common sense. I also get coins from participating in bounty companies and airdrop, but try to sell some of the coins if their number is equivalent to a large amount in dollars. Of course, it is possible when the new bullrun starts their cost will be much higher, but this may not happen.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:51:36 PM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

Waiting for a bull run is not necessarily a mistake. The mistake was too much greed. When the bull run is already there but we still not consider it as the "bull run" we've been waiting instead, we wait for more price rise, then that's greed. Everyone from 2017 to 2018 has learned on this experience.

i think waiting for the bull run is indeed a mistake, because when there is a growth in price and it does not reach your profit margin, it is still a loss.
There is nothing like stop gap profit in crypto currency.

it is all about buying and selling, and mostly about buying low and selling high.
all for profits.(first)
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:20:30 PM

Waiting for a bull run is not necessarily a mistake. The mistake was too much greed. When the bull run is already there but we still not consider it as the "bull run" we've been waiting instead, we wait for more price rise, then that's greed. Everyone from 2017 to 2018 has learned on this experience.

i think waiting for the bull run is indeed a mistake, because when there is a growth in price and it does not reach your profit margin, it is still a loss.
There is nothing like stop gap profit in crypto currency.

it is all about buying and selling, and mostly about buying low and selling high.
all for profits.(first)
It would only be considered a loss when you sell it lower than your buying price. In the case of your example, it is just a paper loss or an imaginary loss, nothing real.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:22:03 PM

But you forgot about the difference between selling in a loss and selling in a profit. Look, what you will receive by selling earned tokens from bounties/ICOs if the value of these tokens are close to zero?
We will get nothing for sure. Just try to sell when the price has already reached the peak or get any pump. it will always be a good point. We have seen so many people have made a lot of mistakes in this speculation market.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:28:16 PM

no you don't do it that way, you always have to wait for the bull run but in a special strategy, how ?

every altcoins has it height limit and profit margin, if you can fulfil that task and get priorities right, then it is spot on too. you sell at the extreme and buy back the limits in view of an bull run.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:04:52 PM

the mistake that often occurs in new traders is holding the altcoin too much, while the condition of the bitcoin price is falling, so when the price of bitcoin falls then the altcoin price will also be very cheap and certainly it will make you lose, so don't hold too many altcoins , it's better to hold bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:33:46 PM

There is no loss until you do not sell and there is no gain until you do not take the profit. It is important not to be greedy and take the profit if it is in line with your goals. Sometimes we want everything and get nothing
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:45:49 PM

Yes, of course, if you are satisfied with the price of the coins, then you must sell them otherwise it will not work

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:10:23 AM

Firstly we should understand that psychology and emotion are most Important here. If You want to made a short profit (after investment), the must thing you do are sell all of them. but if you have a faith with that project, why you don't hold them?. for 2019 , I prefer my self to collect much coin as I can. waiting for bitcoin halving on 2020.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Andrews193

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:16:04 AM

I think we should sell all coin from airdrop and bounty  when we got it because we did not invest in that. And If we buy from ICO, We should wait it moon to sell.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:26:47 AM

Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:31:23 AM

Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
we have to make a plan when we have to keep our altcoin with set target price and when we have to sell our coins.if we have no plan about it we just holding without doing anything and it could harmed us.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:42:31 AM

I think our situation is the same as yours, holding altcoins for long term and wait for more profit, unfortunately bear market in whole years and our portfolio assets is lower than before, it's a big mistake for me, so I'll set a selling target price and avoid the mistake appear again.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:51:04 AM

Mistake cannot be avoid due to some negligence and impatient treatment to market and sometimes due to undesirable unstoppable uncertainties occurs. Not forgetting the fact the market is real volatile that never be in stable condition. We should accept this fact and learn from our mistakes as long as possible. Holding is the key to wait bull run because we like to earn more beyond our loses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: