Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:40:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistake you should avoid when holding your Altcoins  (Read 24196 times)
Altcoinboss (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:17:32 PM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 01:21:24 PM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

You are right a lot do the same mistake, In my opinion it's not good to hodl bounties and airdrops it's completely luck when the tokens are listed on the exchanges you need to sell them immediately to see a descent profit rather than waiting for a big amount.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:28:54 PM

You have a point here but sometimes when you sell off, that's when the price spikes. For instance, a friend of mine sold off his Apollo coin on IDAX before it did almost 500%, now he is lamenting bitterly. So in my own opinion, those coins you think have great potential, do not sell off everything, hold some for future purpose. Don't hold blindly, hold when you've done proper research and find the project worthy. 
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:36:00 PM

Holding a coin is not the real deal but holding the right coin is you probably held the wrong coin and your situation might to correspond with another.
Holding for long term doesn't mean few months but sometimes years to see how the prices leaps up

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:36:30 PM

I think you have a point there, but only if you can get a decent equivalent in BTC for them. If not, I would rather wait for the bull run than sell my alts for peanuts. I know that some of them may die during the waiting period, but the other alts that survive the bear market, may be worth something after all.  
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:40:53 PM

We should always learn to anything and mistakes is one the best source of learnings. There was no bull market in 2018, but it doesn’t mean the market wont go up again, its just a matter of time before it pumps again. Stop on thinking negatively, if its a good coin just keep on holding but if its not just move on and start over again.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 01:48:05 PM

It is called greediness you already had enough but you still want more and more, you are not the only one, every one, there was a time I also want  more profits during the last long big bull run, I kept waiting for the repeat until I found out that it will not come and losing my investment.

funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:59:42 PM

We have to learn when will we sell our coins or hold it. Sometimes HODL brings profit, sometimes trade. Timing is very important. So it matter of know when will you move.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:02:08 PM

The same mistake I had. I probably lost around $4000 for not selling many of the tokens I had from airdrops and bounties. It was a greedy decision to hold on my part.
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:02:48 PM

When heavy duty bear markets take place, investing and profit take a back seat to accumulating and holding.  With the massive surveillance taking place, they can judge the amount of sentiment for the crypto markets.  They use this information to create maximum damage to people's portfolios and attempt to drive people away from cryptocurrencies.

The crypto markets are completely artificial and all the major moves up or down are tightly controlled by the fiat masters.  And nowadays, the liquidity is so low investing money into projects are almost a guaranteed way to lose money.  For every dollar put into crypto there are maybe 10 others waiting to sell low and take that dollar off the table.

This extreme focus on investing and profits is baffling.  People are not reading this correctly.  Those that are are accumulating and holding for the rainy day that is coming.  I suggest you do the same.  When the markets for fiat begin to take their nose dives, it will be impossible to do anything with your dollars as every other person alive is attempting to do something radical with their's too.  When the system locks up, you will want to be in the safety of your home grateful that you had the foresight to get some cryptocurrencies before the big credit crunch

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:04:44 PM

You all say it right. In most cases, waiting brings losses. If you feel that you need to sell coins, then you do not need to think. It is better to have at least some profit than to stay with a bunch of useless coins in your wallet.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:09:36 PM

We have to learn when will we sell our coins or hold it. Sometimes HODL brings profit, sometimes trade. Timing is very important. So it matter of know when will you move.
Timing the market is really good but its not easy so you have to practice until it becomes your passion. For me holding shitcoins is not good in long term because it will just pump on its early stage and die later after a big fall. Target price is the best to secure the profit and have some money to reinvest with other coins.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:10:11 PM

One lesson to learn in the market is not to expect much. If you have about 100k tokens where the price is worth 2 cents, never wait for the price to go up because someone else will take that profit from you. This is just one of the mistake I didn't until the bear market was over. I kept thinking of it still.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:13:59 PM

In this case, just think the opposite. Assume, you have sold all of your coins and market increased by 50% more. Will not yoy regret again? In my opinion, it is not a mistake. You have invested your money and you have lost some of its value. Try recovering through trading. You should not regret for your mistakes in crypto.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 02:19:39 PM

Portfolio of altcoins should not exceed 50% imo. You should always have at minimum 50% of your crypto portfolio in bitcoin.

There are many newer projects that are actually going to do something with blockchain tech that hasn't been done and will help build the infrastructure for the entire ecosystem. You just need to pick them up wisely.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:24:28 PM

I am also learning a lesson like you. Holding many Altcoins from Airdrop and Bounty, beside that I also invested in some ICO but all of them decline seriously and nearly I lost everything. The needed work now is to turn this lesson into power to continue

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:30:14 PM

It would never be a mistake to hold your coins for a long period of time since if you are a long term investor, but I guess you shouldn't really rely on other shitcoins since they only get pumped for a short time and will be useless in the future.
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:31:05 PM

Waiting for a bull run is not necessarily a mistake. The mistake was too much greed. When the bull run is already there but we still not consider it as the "bull run" we've been waiting instead, we wait for more price rise, then that's greed. Everyone from 2017 to 2018 has learned on this experience.
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:33:31 PM

You should act not just waiting for the bull run to come I guess, if you really have the passion to increase your profit, you can do something about it here in crypto, join trading platforms and work on homebased jobs.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:35:27 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 02:50:14 AM by bitcoin31

Bull run is everyone dreams . People choice if they are going to hold their coins because that is their own coin because that is their money and only business here is to give suggestions and opinions about crypto. Holdinh is good and it will cause bull run which is everyone are excited to see that because they really have to gain more money for their future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: