Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster!  (Read 240 times)
sat0shiswife (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:32:50 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), o_e_l_e_o (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), darkie199 (1)

I've been following bitcoin since 2009, always wanted to get involved but life had other plans as well as it seemed too technically advanced for me.

Got really interested in the price/trading aspect of $BTC around 2014/2015, bought my first (fractional) bitcoins in 2016. 2017 was exciting! 2018, not as much. Thats when I really started to learn about the fundamentals and the progress it's made re: tech and especially the lightning network.

A couple weeks ago I've decided to get more involved on the tech side, and over the past couple days have been setting up a raspberry pi to run a lightning node. It's been really exciting and I've already learned SO MUCH about PGP, sha256 encryption, and using the command line.

I was actually laid off last year and I have no intention of entering the world of traditional advertising ever again. I have an idea that might fix the problems with restaurant reviews and I think I can incorporate lightning nodes with NFC readers to allow REAL people to leave REAL reviews and get some satoshis in the process. What forum would be good for me to discuss that in?

I'm excited to finally post here! I remember first learning of bitcoin through the old Something Awful forums like 10 years ago! I can't believe that crazy experiment I tried to convince my partner at the time was the future actually made it this far. Now, if only I bought BTC in 2009 instead of going on that trip to Europe... oh well!

Cheers to the next 100 years my dudes!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:51:28 PM

Hello and welcome.
Read the rules, if you have't done it yet.. here are some guidelines https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

small tip > just ignore the personal drama of some users and trolls here if you accidentally end up on Meta or Reputation Wink

FatBen

Activity: 34
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:05:32 PM

Welcome the forum  Smiley
As the person before me stated. First check put the rules so that you can get to be more familiar with the forum

And then about your idea, The Development & Technical Discussion Board would be the best place to get people look at your idea and probably make an opinion or proposal about it.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:12:00 PM

I've been following bitcoin since 2009,
Welcome at last i could say.
Its great that by beign involved you not only registered on this forum but also managed to learn about and setup lighting node.
You are way ahead than most people after many years of people beign interested in Bitcoin.
sat0shiswife (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:26:21 PM

I've been following bitcoin since 2009,
Welcome at last i could say.
Its great that by beign involved you not only registered on this forum but also managed to learn about and setup lighting node.
You are way ahead than most people after many years of people beign interested in Bitcoin.

haha, thanks! I feel like an absolute noob, even after following for so long!

With design and UI/UX being my specialty (dev is just a hobby!), once my LND is up and routing payments, I am going to turn the tutorial I loosely followed into a super easy to understand graphical tutorial.
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:28:30 PM

I would say what took you so long to join the forum well your highly welcomed.
You definitely look like a good poster but time would tell like other users has adviced go through the rules and other important pinned messages to guide you in the forum. It is one thing to be a looker and it is another thing to be involved
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:43:02 PM

haha, thanks! I feel like an absolute noob, even after following for so long!

With design and UI/UX being my specialty (dev is just a hobby!), once my LND is up and routing payments, I am going to turn the tutorial I loosely followed into a super easy to understand graphical tutorial.

Mate, if anything, I think people who specializes in UI/UX are one of the specializations that should be more prioritized with bitcoin. I think we need more products(wallets and such) with better UI/UXs. Yes, wallets are easy enough to use for most of us here that are decently tech-savvy, but for the general public? I don't think so.

Interesting choice of username by the way.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sat0shiswife (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:48:10 PM

I'm married to the blockchain! Smiley <3

Also, I want it to be known that I'm a woman in this space (fully expecting trolls though). I think we need more women in bitcoin!
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:55:41 PM

Also, I want it to be known that I'm a woman in this space (fully expecting trolls though). I think we need more women in bitcoin!

Oh definitely! As far as I know, women are a huge minority in the blockchain space, and probably even in the technology industry as a whole. There was a sort of article I've read in the past that has statistics that has the same conclusions.

Anyway, enjoy your time here lass!  (assuming you're really a woman)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:01:46 PM
Merited by mk4 (1)

Oh definitely! As far as I know, women are a huge minority in the blockchain space, and probably even in the technology industry as a whole. There was a sort of article I've read in the past that has statistics that has the same conclusions.
Not able to get the article. Can't remember the author.
Here is the statistics where it shows the ratio is 4.7:1,  I guess those are from the profile who have set their gender in profile. And the data is limited to December 2017.
Link to statistics- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats;expand=201005

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
sat0shiswife (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:06:31 PM

Anyway, enjoy your time here lass!  (assuming you're really a woman)

lmao! last time I checked I was! verifiable(?) on twitter @satoshiswife Wink

maybe I will write BIP that can authenticate gender with a PGGP key (the extra g stands for gender)? haha

mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:17:25 PM

Not able to get the article. Can't remember the author.
Here is the statistics where it shows the ratio is 4.7:1,  I guess those are from the profile who have set their gender in profile. And the data is limited to December 2017.
Link to statistics- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats;expand=201005
I couldn't find the article as well, as I really don't remember on what site I've read it; but thanks for this. 4.7:1 here on Bitcointalk is actually surprising. I was expecting something like males 20:1 females or something. But I guess males can set their gender to female just for the lulz? Probably very inaccurate but cool statistic nonetheless.

lmao! last time I checked I was! verifiable(?) on twitter @satoshiswife Wink

maybe I will write BIP that can authenticate gender with a PGGP key (the extra g stands for gender)? haha
Haha. I stand corrected. I always automatically assume that people online who claim to be women just make such claims to receive more attention from people.  Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:53:21 PM

Welcome aboard!  Already I can tell you will be an asset to the community!  Cheers!

Ps How’s Satoshi doing?  Lol
sat0shiswife (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:05:58 PM

Welcome aboard!  Already I can tell you will be an asset to the community!  Cheers!

Ps How’s Satoshi doing?  Lol

We are all Satoshi.

Wink
Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:12:50 PM

You sure look like one who's signed up for correct reasons on the forum and this is one of the best introduction messages I've seen in a while
Your username is actually a comical but distinctive one that's also an advantage to you,as it'll stand out and be remembered easily for merits  if you continue this way.
Welcome to the forum,do well to get yourself acquainted with the forum rules so we do not lose you to a mistake or something
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 06:46:57 PM

<...> Also, I want it to be known that I'm a woman in this space (fully expecting trolls though). I think we need more women in bitcoin!
Looking over @piggy’s full profile database (generated at the beginning of December 2018), the gender field shows:

-   Male value informed:                      95.831 profiles (3,86% of all profiles)
-   Female value informed:                  20.308 profiles (0,82% of all profiles)
-   Uninformed or invalid content:   2.365.131 profiles (95,32% of all profiles)

Therefore, the ratio, based on the informed gender field, is 4,7 male per female. Now I don’t really believe the above ratio too much. It’s what the data shows, but the gender is highly uninformed on the profiles, and I’ve seen quite a few bot bursts creating accounts and adding a gender randomly.

I guess that, due to the lack of female representation, it seems quite usual to refer to apparently male profiles as “she”, especially when the discussion scales a tone or two …
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:28:01 PM

I've crossed a few profiles listed as "female" but there were male individuals behind it. I think the most popular was alia case.
There are speculations around Lauda, too. Theymos is addressing the user as "she" so I assume he is right.

Anyway,  we'll never know the real numbers but who cares, anyone loving crypto is welcome, no matter the gender, orientation, etc.
We all love bitcoin... Smiley

Accounting87

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:02:37 AM

Hello,sister! I see that the number of women is rapidly increasing now. F.e., two of my girlfriends have already bought btc and now they are exploring other options in the crypto world. I believe it is just the beginning!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: