Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LESSONS FROM CRYPTO MARKET  (Read 2395 times)
thinhthai (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 07:37:41 AM
Merited by NathanJB (1)

After a year, a lot of lessons that we did learn. There are 2 precious things that I think I should remember:

+ Fear
+ Greed

I learned that from my teacher, he said when you buy Bitcoin at 10k, it's then $12k your greed rises inside you and you don't want to take profit and expect more. Then, the downtrend is coming, BTC goes down to $8k, you'll be scared to cut loss, and what'll happen, you lose more while BTC drops to $4k.

So, we need to set up your expected profit point as well as the stoploss point.

How about you, what is your lesson?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2139

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 08:41:16 AM

I feel sorry for beginners who came to the trading space directly to cryptocurrency market. I have learned my lesson for years in a stock market and still shocked about cryptocurrency price movements. In 2018, I learned a lot about blockchain technical stuff rather than technical analysis.

My advice to the young lads is to study macroeconomics and financial management before they invest a dime in any market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:42:33 AM

Don't know about fear and greed as these are emotional quotients. But I can certainly vouch for "Stop loss" as this is a very basic mistake made by every single trader during their initial days of trading. I repeat, every single trader has done this mistake by not putting a "stop loss".

Let me share one of my experiences with you. In 2011, I used to work with a well known stock broking company as a customer service executive. We were the ones who used to get the trade recommendation of that day before anyone else. That was the first day of the month and I had just received my salary so I decided to try my luck with one of the recommendations. Every recommendation comes with a stop loss amount as well. However, when I placed the trade as soon as the market opens up, I simply ignored the stop loss. Within next 3 minutes, I had lost 70% of my salary because I didn't set up the stop loss. That month, I had to borrow money from my dad to cover my travelling expenses. That is one of the greatest lesson I learned that day for stop loss.

Ignoring stop loss can be super fatal that I learned the hard way!

umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:47:09 AM

from me know cryptocurrency trading and learn what I can get when trading it very much, from trading you can find out how to control your emotions, read charts that occur in cryptocurrency, control greed that many may have, and the most important is indeed patience is used when prices fall and you are stuck at expensive prices, those are some of the lessons that I got from crypto market.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Unblock_news

Activity: 186
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:55:24 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 03:03:13 AM by Unblock_news

After a year, a lot of lessons that we did learn. There are 2 precious things that I think I should remember:

+ Fear
+ Greed

I learned that from my teacher, he said when you buy Bitcoin at 10k, it's then $12k your greed rises inside you and you don't want to take profit and expect more. Then, the downtrend is coming, BTC goes down to $8k, you'll be scared to cut loss, and what'll happen, you lose more while BTC drops to $4k.

Yes you're right. You need to set your expected profit, don't expect for more because you'll never know what will happen in the market, if it goes down or up. Setting an expected profit will be the most safer way to earn and won't lose money.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:18:15 AM

+ Fear
+ Greed

2018 was a bad year even more for anyone who got involved in cryptocurrencies at that period of time and not before. I agree about Fear and Greed; these two characteristics are in our human nature. My lesson it was not to be emotional with any coin and any decision you have made so far. Always think with prudence and act fast.
bittraffic

Activity: 2926
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 12:41:00 PM

Sorry to hear your story. We've been there too. I lost a lot too that I'm ashamed to tell how much I loss to my wife  Grin I brag about my profit last year but when I started buying back almost all of it are gone. Bought an altcoin worth 1BTC=$12K now worth $250. Thats sobbing story but I'd like to forget about it.

The best lesson I learned last year is to just keep my money to USDT when in times I don't know where things are going.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 12:46:03 PM

If you don't know how to trade then start small.

My key lesson is to look around.
- If your friends and grandma are talking about bitcoin - GET OUT
- If Bitcoin seems dead and nobody is talking about it - GET IN

Other than that
- Trade slow and long term (years).
- Sit back and relax, don't go gung-ho-trigger-happy.
- Keep stash safe, offline in a vault on at least 2 mediums (digital, paper, stone tablet, etc.).

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 12:50:12 PM

Well now is the time to buy up as much crypto as you can.  IT is usually best to do the opposite of what others are doing.  The saying is "be fearful when others are greedy", but this is easier said than done.  Trying to catch a falling knife is very difficult so you want to average in your buys and never go all in at a certain price.
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

+ Fear
+ Greed

that's true of what you say because what I get from crypto is of course the fear and greed that I see here, but I myself must avoid these two factors because it will definitely make my career path and you all cannot go well

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 596

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 01:32:10 PM

If you don't know how to trade then start small.

My key lesson is to look around.
- If Bitcoin seems dead and nobody is talking about it - GET IN

Other than that
- Trade slow and long term (years).
- Sit back and relax, don't go gung-ho-trigger-happy.
- Keep stash safe, offline in a vault on at least 2 mediums (digital, paper, stone tablet, etc.).

The problem when keeping it in a cold wallet is that you can't just withdraw anytime. you gotta be a longtime holder if you do that which means you won't mind whether the price falls down to 80%. Dipping this low is an opportunity lost. If I have to keep my BTC in a cold wallet, I have to make sure I bought these coins the time when the price hits its very bottom. One lesson I learn is to dump all when the bear strikes because you never know when bulls are going to come back.

sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:13:07 PM

I've felt that during the bull run, greed fed me up. I was expecting more from the market but good thing that I've sold some, I didn't focused for profit taking by that time but still the good side was I learned from that experience.

Relate.

I'm not talking anymore to any of my friends especially the new ones that I know what bitcoin is. And for my relatives that are asking me on how to get involved and invest to bitcoin, I'm telling them to do their research first and I'll just guide them.

misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:27:44 PM

This lessons that I would be sharing came from my experience, my friends experience, and from the books that I have read. Be a risk raker, that's the most significant words I still remember up to now from the book. It is said that it may cost you a lot and profit you a lot. Spread your money, this means that do not put it in a single place of investment. In this way, you prevent total loss if ever something bad happen. This two are just a few things I learned and experience, there are a lot more that I think you should discover it yourself.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:32:48 PM

Timing for cryptocurrency trading is very complex, patience or haste all have to be moderated accurately for the best possible outcome. Have a realistic plan and expectation before investing, do not rely on wishful thinking and isolate emotions as much as possible.

vegethegreat

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:39:38 PM

It's true that you will learn a lot from cryptocurrency. It will test both your emotional and intellectual skills. But what I've learned  to crytocurrency is to be patient and to be critical thinker.
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:39:46 PM

We have take lesson from crypto market, how to manage profit without lost our money, never become rich person and keep take sell when you have raised your profit and never waiting for really at higher price because you can lost your chance get profit with your investment.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:40:22 PM

+ Fear
+ Greed

I did not learn anything about this market. I learned that the market will decrease and will rise again after the downward cycle ends. Some people easily control the market, small fish like me is just a dish in this Cryptocurrency market.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:05:18 PM

+ Fear
+ Greed

I learn from my mistakes and take it as a guide one of them is being patient enough with everything , I have realized that you can't always expect that the price will rise because it is unpredictable and in order to earn huge profit from bitcoin then you need to be patient. I learned that even if you fail once or you lose some money , it can't be enough reason to leave bitcoin if you have specific goal , hold or sell ? it depends on you if you have enough knowledge and if you take the responsibilty of the outcomes then go for it. Don't miss the opportunity , grab them so you won't regret it at the end. I have learned that never ever be afraid on investing again because another day is another chance.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:14:01 AM

+ Fear
+ Greed

I did not learn anything about this market. I learned that the market will decrease and will rise again after the downward cycle ends. Some people easily control the market, small fish like me is just a dish in this Cryptocurrency market.

That is what happens in the market now, but I don't think that small fish like us cannot buy any coins in the bear market because we can try the opportunity to buy any coins when it's down, hold it for a while and then we can sell it when it increases. I am sure that if we can found one or two coins that could increase and decrease in every day, we can make a profit too like the other people who have big money. It's not about how much money we have, but it's about done you want to make a profit or not still.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:50:26 AM

+ Fear
+ Greed

Sometimes those two things collide like they are sort of partners to make people rattle inside the market. All you need to have is skills to learn how to control those.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: