Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 08:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High or Low Supply: Which do you prefer?  (Read 524 times)
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:17:01 AM

I think it the same thing market capitalization is the only thing that distinguish large and small supply altcoin from each other,  i will go for the two that is both small and large supply.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:33:50 AM

When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?

I think both high supply and low supply coins are good and very invariably aid their project.but what matters most is the project product.
we need to ask questions such as:

how the project wants to impact the market.
how the projects wants to implement their impact on the market.
how the project aims to visualize the implementation
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:12:06 AM

I think I will prefer high supply with low price because of the back market,si that even if the price will dump,it will still be OK.
Anatolich

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:22:09 AM

With a low supply, more attractive, more likely to grow. But only the product decides, and you only need to build your reasoning on this.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 10:30:34 AM

I give my preference to coins whose total supply is calculated in millions. Fewer coins increase demand and make their value much higher. As for the coins, the total supply of which is in the billions, I think it is not profitable to buy them. But among them there are exceptions, for example, XRP, ADA, TRX.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:36:25 AM

It makes no difference when choosing a coin. The success of the project in the future and the high cost of the coin, of course, will depend on the total supply, but this is not a decisive factor. It is much better to analyze the project team, white paper and roadmap.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:39:50 AM

It all depends on the goals that I pursue. If this is a long-term investment, then I prefer coins with a high supply, as they are less risky. If I want to earn in the short-term period, then as a rule these are pгmps, and it is precisely coins with low supply that can help me in this, but the risks increase many times.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:28:32 AM

if you are interested in investing, I suggest investing in a project with a low total supply, for some reason I think the price will be very good and even tend to increase.
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 11:33:28 AM

When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?

these two category has certainly both advantages and disadvantages but let me get straight to the point, the more supplies, the more it will circulate, it means, price will be very much volatile, on the other hand, the less supply, the demand will be high and the price will also increase, but still i wanna choose high supply.

oly4life
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:40:24 AM

To me Low supply is very good, have come to notice that when a coin is low in circulation, the demand is always kind of high and at such causes a boost in the price
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:07:48 PM

This should not matter that much as other indicators like the volume of the coin but I see a lot have preferences on this, as do I. I prefer the low supply coins but I do not know if aside from personal preference they have some advantage over high supply coins. And low supply for me is anything under or close to Bitcoin supply.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:55:33 PM

lower coins can grow several times and make a profit, however it is risky

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:23:17 PM

I don't think this is as simple as what you think, of course everything must be based on research, not just in how many altcoins.
ideas and technology are an important part so that the value of altcoin attracts traders and investors until the price can be high.
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:26:33 PM

For me low supply coin is better than high supply coin. Cause low supply coins may grow very much if project is good.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:26:59 PM

I don't think this is as simple as what you think, of course everything must be based on research, not just in how many altcoins.
ideas and technology are an important part so that the value of altcoin attracts traders and investors until the price can be high.
That's the importance of researching, both low and high volume supplies will still depends on how successful the project will be, the more usage that it can offer and the more adoptions that it can have will bring the price high, working project brings more attentions and attract investors to buy in and start holding the coins, progressive and passive source of earnings, investors loves to support such kinds of projects.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:31:58 PM

I actually don't look on the supply of an altcoin because their survival in the market depends on how they will develop and manage the project. It is true that the lower the supply, the higher the demand and also a bigger chance that the price will be above $1. We don't know where this market is going so you can hold as much as altcoin that you like. Besides, some altcoin with higher supplies decided to burn some of their supplies to increase the demand.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:34:37 PM

for me, I prefer to look the project than the coin supply, if that project is good I expect the price of the coin will increase.

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:29:05 PM

Coin supply is absolutely irrelevant to the value and price movement of the coin.
The is no difference between 1 BTC or 10 000 Satoshis. There is also no difference betweet 21M Bitcoin or 21M X 10 000 Satoshis.
Bitcoin can be easily sliced up to even smaller pieces if needed. The increased total supply won't change anything.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2100
Merit: 174

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:39:30 PM

I pick low supply coins since its more intuitive that if the supply is low, the demand will be high. However that is only my evaluation at a glance and there are many exceptions to this. Like electroneum which has 21 billion supply but the it has 0 decimals to compensate for it.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:01:30 PM

it is not as simple as you think and i am very surprised about how some users are actually answering this question with fixed replies!

supply is not something you can define "low or high" for. supply is something that you should only analyze based on the usability of the token. for example when we have altcoin that is not used by anyone, then even having 10 coins as its supply is too much! but when it is used by more people and plans on being used by more, then having a higher amount is reasonable.
one good unit of measurement is bitcoin. it has 21 million. any altcoin that has more must also have more usage but since altcoins don't even have 1/1000 of bitcoin's usage then their huge supply is a bad thing.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: