Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is crypto politcs bad for the Blockchain industry?  (Read 16999 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:52:18 PM

Considering how several Bitcoin forks have turned to politics by defending their own visions about the future of Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency, several events have unfolded within crypto land. One of those events is BCH's Hash War back in Nov 2018, which has caused a disaster across the whole crypto market due to loss of investor confidence. Due to crypto politics, there has been a clash between several factions looking to guide Bitcoin in their own way.

The Bitcoin SV project believes to follow the original Bitcoin whitepaper, while Bitcoin Cash believes to be the original Bitcoin itself. Both sides have been defending their views, with their respective leaders (such as Roger on the BCH side and Craig on the SV side).

As such, it makes me wonder whenever crypto politics is bad for the growth or reputation of the Blockchain industry? What are your thoughts? Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:06:00 PM

Considering how several Bitcoin forks have turned to politics by defending their own visions about the future of Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency, several events have unfolded within crypto land. One of those events is BCH's Hash War back in Nov 2018, which has caused a disaster across the whole crypto market due to loss of investor confidence. Due to crypto politics, there has been a clash between several factions looking to guide Bitcoin in their own way.

The Bitcoin SV project believes to follow the original Bitcoin whitepaper, while Bitcoin Cash believes to be the original Bitcoin itself. Both sides have been defending their views, with their respective leaders (such as Roger on the BCH side and Craig on the SV side).

As such, it makes me wonder whenever crypto politics is bad for the growth or reputation of the Blockchain industry? What are your thoughts? Smiley
The politician will only think about how to get the benefit and to dominate the market. Both of these politicians on bitcoin cash and SV even claim themselves to remove bitcoin and put their coin as the top of cryptocurrency that will be dominating the whole of crypto space. This such a bad example of how bad the politicians for crypto.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:31:48 PM

Basically politics is a different point of view. Dissent is a natural thing. But because of the ambitions of each party, crypto politics can have a negative impact on others.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
bendernine

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

Easy Digital Payment for the Future

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:34:24 PM

whatever and whenever the case, if it is a problem then it will have an impact on the coin itself even the market because bitcoin is a coin that has a high reputation as well as bitcoin cas and bitcoin SV, so that if they are affected the market will be adversely affected will reduce the crypto value

Prime X
Easy Digital Payment for the Future
X ────────  Facebook Twitter ☆  Telegram ☆  Whitepaper ☆  Bitcointalk   ──────── X
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:34:25 AM

Well, I think not because in many areas there are divergent situations for example, these hard forks that occurred in November may scare investors and advocates of regulation because at any moment one blockchain could be replaced by another, but if when the project it is useful, no matter what the situation, let's look at the ETH situation, I respect all the projects that have been launched and will still be laced, but I do not remember a platform so much fun and much used in 2017 - 2018 by the people, then the policies and laws or anything else legal will not interfere in this fantastic industry!
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:13:27 AM

all these bitcoin forks were certainly not the best thing that could happen, but if bitcoin survives, it will certainly make him stronger. fortunately, the wave of useless forks seems to be over, and bitcoin is still there best.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:46:21 AM

I think you are right, the fight for the political supreme has cused so many unnecessary forks of bitcoin which had taken tolls in reducing the courage of investors and also creating a bigger panic in the market which saw bitcoin go from 7500 to 3500

but the developments of bitcoin didnt stop, thats the only positive.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:20:30 AM

The politician will only think about how to get the benefit and to dominate the market. Both of these politicians on bitcoin cash and SV even claim themselves to remove bitcoin and put their coin as the top of cryptocurrency that will be dominating the whole of crypto space. This such a bad example of how bad the politicians for crypto.

Agree. Their main intent (both BCH and BSV factions) is to destroy Bitcoin (BTC) at all costs no matter what it takes. However, that's nearly impossible since both cryptocurrencies are based off the original BTC chain. The original project will always prevail due to its first mover advantage and confidence within the mainstream world. Bitcoin forks or copies of the original Bitcoin chain (such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV) will never prevail due to their similarities of Bitcoin. Their only difference is the increased block size and reactivated opcodes.

Considering how fierce the BCH Hash War was, it gives a bad reputation of the whole crypto space within the mainstream world. Events such as this one, will make investors and businesses lose confidence within the cryptocurrency project. Despite this, I believe that there should be no reason for crypto politics at all, as it would destroy the image or reputation of the Blockchain industry. Instead, both Roger and Craig could work together to make the blockchain a better place. Wink

whatever and whenever the case, if it is a problem then it will have an impact on the coin itself even the market because bitcoin is a coin that has a high reputation as well as bitcoin cas and bitcoin SV, so that if they are affected the market will be adversely affected will reduce the crypto value

Exactly. Instead of both sides fighting each other (BCH and BSV), they should’ve had come to an agreement to prevent such mess from occurring in the first place. But it seems that all of this was a result of greed from both sides for quick money grabs. If Roger Ver or Craig cared about the future of Bitcoin, they would've prevented the Hash War from happening, resulting in a good reputation from both projects. Considering how the value of both BCH and BSV combined is far less than it was prior to the hard fork, it seems that many investors have lost interests in the same. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:50:57 AM

For me it's bad.

They are just dividing the people who has been solid crypto enthusiast. They have their own views that can make these solid enthusiast to part way with what they have believing just to support what they like. Everywhere politics has already a bad image.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 03:16:48 AM

For me it's bad.

They are just dividing the people who has been solid crypto enthusiast. They have their own views that can make these solid enthusiast to part way with what they have believing just to support what they like. Everywhere politics has already a bad image.

I also stated that this was very bad. Because in politics there can only be done for the sake of that person. I really disagree if this really happens that crypto is involved in politics.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:53:24 AM

For me it's bad.

I also stated that this was very bad. Because in politics there can only be done for the sake of that person. I really disagree if this really happens that crypto is involved in politics.
It's already happening and those events has been mentioned by Abiky if you'll back read.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
evanescence

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 08:17:03 PM

Well, there's more than 10 other forks that are worth $0. Why? Because they're worthless and they have no support.
Both BCH and BSV communities are made up of early bitcoiners who could no longer find a home in BTC since the project turned into something they didn't expect it to become. So by forking away, they still found their spot in crypto.
Forks didn't cause any crash whatsoever, the market was overvalued due to greedy people buying things they don't understand, and selling when they saw the easy money making days are over. It's also still overvalued in my opinion, and it doesn't need a fork to go down again. (Although I think there's a couple of undervalued coins out there).

Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 08:47:41 PM

To me,playing politics with crypto will not only cause a damage to the crypto sphere,to me,politics will only bring about manipulation which is as a result of some trying to prove a point.
observance

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 09:06:00 PM

If politics get involved in crypto that would be the end of every vision and principles this industry has. Politics is about owning and domination, something that crypto is against.
jupppo

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:25:40 PM

I think that politics always ruin every area in economy. Smart people always try to earn money, politics try to take more taxes from them. They make our lives harder and crypto is area withould politics, please save it.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:31:57 PM

Well, there's more than 10 other forks that are worth $0. Why? Because they're worthless and they have no support.
Both BCH and BSV communities are made up of early bitcoiners who could no longer find a home in BTC since the project turned into something they didn't expect it to become. So by forking away, they still found their spot in crypto.
Forks didn't cause any crash whatsoever, the market was overvalued due to greedy people buying things they don't understand, and selling when they saw the easy money making days are over. It's also still overvalued in my opinion, and it doesn't need a fork to go down again. (Although I think there's a couple of undervalued coins out there).

Agree. Over time, BCH and BSV will just fade away as they won't be able to serve a purpose in real life. Most of the Bitcoin forks known to date, were created with the mere purpose of greed. There's no real vision in making Bitcoin and Blockchain technology better for the world. Adhering to crypto politics, will only make the Blockchain industry look bad, as people will lose trust/confidence in it.

While it's true that many altcoins are overvalued these days, there are only a few cryptocurrencies which are quite undervalued given their scarcity, and active development within the mainstream world. In my opinion, Bitcoin should've been worth at least $10,000 to $20,000 now, because its supply is very limited. Also, its block reward is halving every 4 years, which should have a positive increase in price anytime soon.

If you watch closely the market, you'll notice that prior to the Bitcoin Cash hard fork, prices for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies were a lot higher that what they are right now. Once the Hash War started, prices started to decline massively across the whole crypto market. Of course, one cannot deny that there are whales in this space looking to manipulate the market at all costs. However, things would've been better for crypto if all this mess wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I guess that if Craig didn't split the BCH blockchain into BSV, then the hard fork process would've been smooth, and the market would've been relatively stable. Then, Bitcoin would've remained in the $6k spot than the $3k spot we've been experiencing for a couple of months.

Nonetheless, I hope that crypto gains its reputation once again, with upcoming developments that are sure to put an end to the lack of privacy and scalability. Smiley

I think that politics always ruin every area in economy. Smart people always try to earn money, politics try to take more taxes from them. They make our lives harder and crypto is area withould politics, please save it.

Yes. In my opinion, crypto should be apolitical as it was created with freedom in mind. The main purpose of Blockchain technology is to eliminate middleman or third parties. Considering how some cryptos (like BCH and BSV) have affiliated themselves with public figures (such as Roger Ver and Craig Wright) it greatly defeats the purpose of Blockchain. Both Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV are extremely centralized projects guided by their leaders every step of the way. With crypto politics in mind, each side defends their view of how Bitcoin should scale for the real world.

However, such scenario is not ideal, as it would cause confusion and more harm to the crypto space than any good. Which is why, both sides should work together to make Bitcoin and Blockchain a better place for anyone to enjoy. I'd be surprised if another Bitcoin fork emerges with the ideal of taxing the Bitcoin blockchain to accelerate the development of cryptocurrency. If this happens, then we'll be seeing another fork from the BCH blockchain named Bitcoin Tax. Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
oppo070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 04:31:30 PM

I see the main product of block is best suitable for cryptocurrency and for the legal transaction that it can induce to the people. Well, block chain ensures security and trust and that best fits the topic about money, it needs to be fully secured and robust that it needs the blockchain.

DominickA86

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:43:52 PM

The only thing that harms the reputation of crypto industry are the scam ICO projects. We need to find a way of how to eliminate such projects from the very beginning and to protect investors from fraud ICOs.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 07:14:38 PM

I am really not that political man even though there are several meaning of politics. But for me, I think it is something like conflict of anything. I may say that healthy competition is better because not all projects can always be accepted and implemented. We need to justify our main purpose and goal. That way, we really need to be very wise and careful in supporting a certain project.
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 07:44:33 PM

For an industry as young as the crypto industry, negative influence from politics could be very bad and even lead to a total shutdown of the industry. It depends greatly on the direction politics play in shaping the crypto industry but I am afraid, like we know, the baggage associated with politics is always never a good thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: