Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO reached hard cap - 50 MILLION- not listed in an exchange - SCAM?  (Read 795 times)
neli234

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:01:32 PM

I have join a project to which it claims that the team was able to collect 50M in USD but until now they could not be able to list the token in an exchange. Their reason was the team were preparing the platform for almost 3 mos. now. I am starting to believe it when they show something great after sponsoring a certain event to which the name of the project was being flashed in the screen. Is it possible that the team is telling the truth? They want to bring a project with demand so that the token will not be undervalued. What do you think of this project scam or not? I could not name the project for now to protect their reputation.
This may be a good project, and fraud. On the one hand, the fact that the ICO team claims that they raised 50 million dollars during the ICO may not be true. On the other hand, the current situation in the cryptocurrency market is very complicated and many projects simply do not want to pay off investors and headhunters and transfer their tokens to the stock exchange so as not to degrade its price. Therefore, they delay time in the hope of a favorable change in the market situation. Basically, it makes sense. However, many ICO fraudulent projects also take advantage of this. Therefore, it will be known only after a certain time.

totally agree with you, the current ICO projects are popular with using some tricks such as gaining softcap, raising a large amount of capital from private sale. Maybe they are not really bad, but I always ask the team about their ICO wallet address
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:21:52 PM

You didn't even give links to check, how is people supposed to give you an answer?

You are right we cannot give him an exact answer, maybe you are just protecting your stakes because you are one of the participants on their bounty campaign, I understand that but my guess is this is Bitmillex, they have not given their bounty and they are not listed in any exchange even though they have reached their cap.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:35:58 PM

I don't think that the project that has received 50 million investments will be a scam. Only the team is waiting for the market's poor conditions to improve. If the market gets a little better, everything will be fine.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:40:32 PM

I have join a project to which it claims that the team was able to collect 50M in USD but until now they could not be able to list the token in an exchange. Their reason was the team were preparing the platform for almost 3 mos. now. I am starting to believe it when they show something great after sponsoring a certain event to which the name of the project was being flashed in the screen. Is it possible that the team is telling the truth? They want to bring a project with demand so that the token will not be undervalued. What do you think of this project scam or not? I could not name the project for now to protect their reputation.

sometimes the team member from the project give a fake informations abot how much money collected from the crowdsale,,
why they do this,, because they want to create a huge hype in their project,,
because, if they really collected about 50M USD,, is not too hard for their project to be listed on major exchange

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
magicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:48:18 PM

Dont think so, 80% of projects dont list their tokens fast because of market conditions we got today. Even big and wellknown project can delay the listing for 6 months or even a year, its not mean that the project is scam, its just todays reality.
trobbert

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:52:00 PM

Please, tell me more about ICo you mean.Without any information I won't be able to give you answer.
As for me some ICOs just blatanly lie about amount collected and simply draw these collections without any proofs
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:58:32 PM

And this project accurately collected the named amount? Projects sometimes overestimate the funds invested in them in order to attract more attention.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:03:04 PM

Well, getting listed in an exchange after an ICO is not really healthy for a project. We all know that there are  a lot of people, not just bounty hunters, but also investors who dump their tokens just right after it gets listed to get all the money they can. It's good if the project is holding that event to happen, and focusing on the product it self.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:07:15 PM

You have to give link for us to check your situation, otherwise how could we know what is the name of the project? I also want to tell you that after the ICO time the projects need to prepare for the next steps and that would need some time. So three months not a such a long time, you need to give them more time unless they are not scammer. Scamming problem is everywhere in blockchain system and i wish that it would stay away from all of us..
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 04:19:48 PM

You have to give link for us to check your situation, otherwise how could we know what is the name of the project? I also want to tell you that after the ICO time the projects need to prepare for the next steps and that would need some time. So three months not a such a long time, you need to give them more time unless they are not scammer. Scamming problem is everywhere in blockchain system and i wish that it would stay away from all of us..
That will going to identify the projects name and will be compromise.their reputation so probably OP does not want to give a link as to avoid any conflicts in regards with the team and how they managed their project.
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 04:22:58 PM

If a project achieved hard cap than it mean project have a potential & a good sound. You have to check their road map might possible they are touch in any exchanges regarding listing of tokens.

So you have to wait for positive response.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:53:53 PM

Maybe you better sight the ICO so that people know and can give you a good advise if you will just create a story regarding the ICO. And let us say it happened, yes it might be a scam due to the success of ICO and the time lapse for 3 months and they dont give a good reason.
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:38:28 PM

if there are projects that claim to reach hardcap with fantastic value of up to $ 50 million or more but not listed on the stock exchange after a few months the ICO ends, it is worth suspecting that the listing fee is only 2-3% of ICO but not doing so, just because the reason is still platform development
PattersonRaquel

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:57:59 PM

They are preparing it in the next 3 months. So wait to know what they will do next. You should see their roadmap and find the plan to list token on exchange. They cannot list tokens after reaching hardcap . they are scammers to make money.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:09:16 PM

if there are projects that claim to reach hardcap with fantastic value of up to $ 50 million or more but not listed on the stock exchange after a few months the ICO ends, it is worth suspecting that the listing fee is only 2-3% of ICO but not doing so, just because the reason is still platform development

But if that money comes mostly from big investors, they don't need it to be listed on exchange. What they need is to set goals and achieve to make the project bigger and bigger. But does anyone tell me what the project is?
ableh

Activity: 498
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:17:22 PM

This year is different from before, although an ICO can collect more funds than expected but this cannot guarantee to quick listed in exchange. So as long as all their social media accounts remain active and responsive I think this is not a scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
marados

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:29:13 PM

Seems like a lot of projects out there currently are just presenting their investors with big and shiny words like they will do that, they are doing this... bla bla bla. That's why it is always mandatory to do thorough research before investing your money or time (through bounty campaigns). And if something feels fishy it definitely is, and keep away from those kind of projects. Also, I'm sorry to hear if that turns out to be a scam.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
harapan

Activity: 1722
Merit: 298

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:06:48 PM

I also participated with a project that did the same thing. but it is difficult to say that the project is a scam, because until now the telegram is still active, moreover the project team is still there. maybe they are still developing for the platform or something, as long as the project team continues to be active I think the project is not fraud I don't know that's just my assumption.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
vickykashan101

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:31:25 AM

I am sure it is a scam. But remember getting listed on exchange is not the criteria that the project isn't scam.

Take the example of CREDITS (CS). They have raised a lot of money through ICO and it looks like their telegram is still active. But

- The same group of people of around 20 marketing team members are there who keep changing their names and it looks like they are very active
- They release the tokens without informing others and selling the supply and whales earning big chunk of money like that.
- Not listed on even a single big exchange.

So in my view even if a project is listed on an exchange, still it doesn't guarantee the credibility of it.

And the scenario that you gave, it looks like it is a pure scam.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:28:48 AM

There are quite a few large crowdsales that raised significant amounts of capital but have yet to list on a secondary market and this can be for various reasons including the current market conditions or not having a working product ready yet but if the team is communicative and demonstrating solid progress then it's unlikely it's an outright scam and some projects offer refunds if there are unforeseen delays or regulatory issues

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: