Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Grin Observer - GRN/BTC - Price Movement and Discussion  (Read 19525 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoincidence
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1055

goodbye sweetest cat of em all

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:13:24 PM

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is grin ,and why you think it is worth to buy?
theymos said so...   Grin
But i think i know more reasons not to buy now and to wait even though this makes me feel stupid (again)

„Wie einen Stern, eine Luftspiegelung, eine Butterlampe,wie Illusion, Tautropfen, Luftblasen im Wasser,wie einen Traum, einen Blitz, eine Wolke - so sieh alles an, was Fiat ist.“
Diamant-Sutra
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:19:02 PM

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is grin ,and why you think it is worth to buy?

It's not a matter of what we think. Wink

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:23:02 PM

Is it Monday morning in China? Lips sealed

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:36:06 PM

And no windows wallet  https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/grin-frequently-asked-questions yet do people already know what they are doing?
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 05:38:43 PM

Tic toc, the Grin Sun in the Land of the Rising Sun is coming. Cool

~1h

HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 05:58:50 PM

Looks like we have consolidated and are getting to smash upwards again.

blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 06:47:21 PM

This is overbought as fuck for an coin who is that inflationary

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 07:31:31 PM

This is overbought as fuck for an coin who is that inflationary

Welcome to the magical land of shitcoins!
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 09:23:05 PM

Almost there ....
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 09:48:12 PM

Where master? Can I come? I'll be good. Promise. Grin

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 09:51:34 PM

Almost there ....

If it does go above that .00385 local high, it might kick off a fair bit higher.  Watching with interest....  It's been worth market-making (in my tiny way) so far.  It's such an unknown quantity, I am more interested in not having expensive bags than accumulating massively.

I haven't explored BitForex but you look like you are at least using its chart, so d'you know if you can check trading stats on Bitforex - like Polo's trading analysis (to show average cost)?

我想要火箭和火车
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:11:43 PM

Listed on CMC:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/grin/

Don't know about Bitforex, but Hotbit is cool. Rip off withdraw fees though.

Shadolance

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:21:01 PM

Almost there ....

If it does go above that .00385 local high, it might kick off a fair bit higher.  Watching with interest....  It's been worth market-making (in my tiny way) so far.  It's such an unknown quantity, I am more interested in not having expensive bags than accumulating massively.

I haven't explored BitForex but you look like you are at least using its chart, so d'you know if you can check trading stats on Bitforex - like Polo's trading analysis (to show average cost)?

Bitforex is one of those exchanges that fake volume. It's visible in some charts like the one of Platincoin (just randomly looked one up).

Of course that's the most amateurish way to fake volume and it's not visible in other charts like that but please don't support exchanges doing this.

I made it my rule to never use exchanges that fake volume or have done so in the past (and may just hide it better now). This damages everyone - the users, other exchanges and the community as a whole.

Edit: Hotbit is faking volume even more blatantly than Bitforex. Please.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:34:32 PM

Maybe not on this occasion. Coingecko doesn't think so either.
Other than that, sure Hotbit is an exchange to avoid in general.

Arbitrage with TradeOgre looks attractive  Roll Eyes

Shadolance

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:44:30 PM

Maybe not on this occasion. Coingecko doesn't think so either.
Other than that, sure Hotbit is an exchange to avoid in general.

Arbitrage with TradeOgre looks attractive  Roll Eyes

What do you mean by "not on this occasion" and "Coingecko doesn't think so"?

Looking at any chart on Hotbit (also the Grin ones) it's pretty obvious. All volume candles are the same regardless of daytime or price action. It also has that typical "executed orders appearing out of nowhere" syndrome.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:51:47 PM

Mate I really don't follow. Undecided

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:58:16 PM

Almost there ....

If it does go above that .00385 local high, it might kick off a fair bit higher.  Watching with interest....  It's been worth market-making (in my tiny way) so far.  It's such an unknown quantity, I am more interested in not having expensive bags than accumulating massively.

Bitforex is one of those exchanges that fake volume. It's visible in some charts like the one of Platincoin (just randomly looked one up).

Of course that's the most amateurish way to fake volume and it's not visible in other charts like that but please don't support exchanges doing this.

I made it my rule to never use exchanges that fake volume or have done so in the past (and may just hide it better now). This damages everyone - the users, other exchanges and the community as a whole.

OK - that's news to me, I will research it - do feel free to suggest a better one for Grin?

(edited)

我想要火箭和火车
Cryptotourist

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 11:23:24 PM

OK - that's news to me, I will research it - do feel free to suggest a better one for Grin?

To buy? TradeOgre is fair. Simple. Small. Fees very reasonable.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 11:30:20 PM

To buy? TradeOgre is fair. Simple. Small. Fees very reasonable.

Thanks, saw TradeOgre mentioned before when I was looking, but having not traded before on any exchange listing Grin right now, I plumped for BitForex.

BitForex 'seems' ok - I didn't spot anything too fishy, to be frank.  But a recommendation from a fellow WO junkie is always a little easier to follow Wink

我想要火箭和火车
Shadolance

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 12:33:35 AM

Almost there ....

(edited)

I'd feel bad to recommend any exchanges after talking bad about others. That might seem like I have some vested interest or something. I just don't like exchanges faking volume. It results in higher average buy prices, lower average sell prices (mainly for people new to the exchange), it distorts the exchange rankings (drawing newbies to these exchanges where they don't really have the reported liquidity ) and gives crypto overall a bad reputation.

So I just advise against using exchanges I know are faking volume. Unfortunately there is a lot of them listed on Coinmarketcap and Coingecko alike. qBTC also falls into that category by the way.

Other than that feel free to trade anywhere you like unless you notice something fishy yourself - it's not like I know all the exchanges where Grin is listed Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: