Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Grin Observer - GRN/BTC - Price Movement and Discussion  (Read 19525 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 03:09:06 PM

I the problem is with the supply. It is not known if there is a fixed amount of coins which puts selling pressure on the price. It could be a competitor to monero, but at least people know that XMR will not exceed 19 million coins in the near future

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 03:44:33 PM

i have been trying to buy the dip
selling mined coins around 75k, hoping for a drop to 40k to buy a storm
wont happen, but  i refuse to buy till 40k or lower Cheesy
too much inflation
exchanges only wallet basically also, which means guaranteed a buncha GRIN gonna get hacked out of users hands in next 3 or so months : /

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:34:25 PM

10 years is literally a life time for crypto.
Instead I'm interested in the first year or two of a coin, more specifically trying to buy it's dips.
My position on Grin is that the current ATL (~0.00055 BTC per Grin) & whereabouts is/was a pretty good entry point.

As stated before, I do not agree with sub dollar or half dollar bottom predictions.
It's like thinking that BTC will drop to $2k or less - which I don't.
I don't even see dollars when dealing with alt coins - all I see is compared to BTC.

Do not put all your eggs in that basket or you will be crying yourself to sleep.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 05:31:38 PM

Does anybody know to exist some reasons for current growth? From 2.4$ til 3.5$. I don't find big fundamental events. Is it simple speculation or exist something? I don't wait for GRIN strong growth because such tokenomic don't offer by such a way. But I'm interested in technology and project  Wink
Utrine

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 06:56:56 PM

Instead I'm interested in the first year or two of a coin, more specifically trying to buy it's dips.
My position on Grin is that the current ATL (~0.00055 BTC per Grin) & whereabouts is/was a pretty good entry point.

As stated before, I do not agree with sub dollar or half dollar bottom predictions.
I don't even see dollars when dealing with alt coins - all I see is compared to BTC.

I thought the bottom price of Grin is about $1. But I was wrong. The price is much higher now. And it is still rising.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 07:11:32 AM

Do not put all your eggs in that basket or you will be crying yourself to sleep.

Thanks but never ever. Wink
It's all about BTC.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 06:04:26 PM

Yes. Bitcoin will go up in next 2 years. So sub $1 will be hard to get or it will not stay for long there. But 0.00055 BTC is far far far far from bottom. Bottom of GRIN price will be way closer to 0.0001 then 0.0005.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 07:00:42 PM

Stop grinning, is this really the low? or are you all being fooled?

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 10:19:06 PM

Does anybody know to exist some reasons for current growth? From 2.4$ til 3.5$. I don't find big fundamental events. Is it simple speculation or exist something? I don't wait for GRIN strong growth because such tokenomic don't offer by such a way. But I'm interested in technology and project  Wink

Speculation of course. Market cap just broke out from the 12-15 million USD range. Wouldn't be surprised if there's another push, but after that supply will start to catch up with demand again...
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:26:14 AM

We cannot correctly speculate the comparison of the price of an in demand, widely accepted coin with supply cap and a newly released coin with an infinite supply, however.

I reckon sub $1.00 is more possible on grin that sub $2k for bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Karto

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:48:25 PM

i dont think that GRIN can go under 1$
with the fast recognition in so many exchanges i see good potential
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:44:04 AM

@Karto. The cause of a good amount of the dumping is from the miners themselves because it would be safer for them to sell and hold every grin they mine in bitcoin, also because bitcoin holds value much better than grin does.

Sub $1.00 is only a matter of time, I reckon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGyC8tSivtZqjlu8aQgjG0pKfKc0L0RO0leMfjPADp0/htmlview#gid=0

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:11:41 PM

Maybe.

#

The cause of a good amount of the dumping is from the miners themselves because it would be safer for them to sell and hold every grin they mine in bitcoin, also because bitcoin holds value much better than grin does.

But isn't that the case for all newborn minable coins?

Numbers are nice. Wink

#

Grined.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:24:43 PM

Speculation of course. Market cap just broke out from the 12-15 million USD range. Wouldn't be surprised if there's another push, but after that supply will start to catch up with demand again...
Miners producers 60 Grin in 1 minute. We have tons of GRIN every day. How price can grow naturally? With time? I think it's impossible. All minable coins should be rare for their price growth. But as I understand Grin was created with another idea - like some stable coin but with privacy and simplicity. Isn't it?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 09:48:26 PM

Miners producers 60 Grin in 1 minute. We have tons of GRIN every day. How price can grow naturally? With time? I think it's impossible. All minable coins should be rare for their price growth. But as I understand Grin was created with another idea - like some stable coin but with privacy and simplicity. Isn't it?

Stablecoin no, privacy coin? on a whole nother level Smiley
start down the rabbit hole here: https://github.com/mimblewimble/docs/wiki/MimbleWimble-Origin
if you were a harry potter fan growing up it makes more sense as well Wink

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:12:32 PM

"In mid-March, Bitwise Asset Management issued a damning report on Bitcoin (BTC) trading figures. The San Francisco-based index fund provider declared that up 95 percent of Bitcoin trading volume as seen on CoinMarketCap (CMC) was due to so-called wash trading.

Wash trading is a type of market manipulation where sell and buy orders are simultaneously placed on the same asset to create false and misleading trading activity in the market. Wash trading is illegal in regulated exchange platforms.
95 percent of BTC trading volume is fake

As part of its Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) application to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Bitwise submitted a proposed rule change that included a report on the Bitcoin trading market. According to the report, 95 percent of the recorded BTC trading volume is due to wash trading by bots.

So, where CMC figures would show about $11 billion in daily BTC trading volume, the actual figure less wash trading would be about $470 million. For Bitwise, the problem comes from the fact that CMC and other similar platforms use fake data from obscure cryptocurrency exchange platforms.

The revelations from the Bitwise report on wash trading echo the findings of previous reports released by the Blockchain Transparency Institute (BTI) and Tie — a trading analytics platform. As reported by Cointelegraph, data from 97 exchanges show that 87 percent of cryptocurrency exchange volume was potentially false, according to Tie."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-wash-trading-sifting-facts-from-fears

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:17:39 AM

Maybe.

#

The cause of a good amount of the dumping is from the miners themselves because it would be safer for them to sell and hold every grin they mine in bitcoin, also because bitcoin holds value much better than grin does.

But isn't that the case for all newborn minable coins?

Numbers are nice. Wink

#

Grined.

Agreed that it might be the case for new minable coins, however, it might take a longer time for grin to become the miners' first choice as a store of value because it is inflationary and also because bitcoin will always store value better than grin until grin has higher demand and a 1% inflation rate.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:02:44 PM

@Karto. The cause of a good amount of the dumping is from the miners themselves because it would be safer for them to sell and hold every grin they mine in bitcoin, also because bitcoin holds value much better than grin does.

Sub $1.00 is only a matter of time, I reckon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGyC8tSivtZqjlu8aQgjG0pKfKc0L0RO0leMfjPADp0/htmlview#gid=0

so very important difference with monero, with large inflation.
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:44:38 PM

miss the last 2 months ride up  Roll Eyes https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/grin
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:16:48 PM

miss the last 2 months ride up  Roll Eyes https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/grin

I am pleasantly surprised price is still above 50k satoshi.  It seems I was way to pessimistic as always Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: