Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Grin Observer - GRN/BTC - Price Movement and Discussion  (Read 19528 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:03:23 AM

Just stumble upon this project now and as usual,,, I find something I like when it is quite late! I only have one privacy coin, Monero, and sorry to ask here now when I should look through the thread but there are so many.

Does anyone believe that a project with good support and obviously serious developers have a chance when coins like Monero are so well established?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:08:38 AM

Does anyone believe that a project with good support and obviously serious developers have a chance when coins like Monero are so well established?
Yes.

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:30:07 AM

Just stumble upon this project now and as usual,,, I find something I like when it is quite late! I only have one privacy coin, Monero, and sorry to ask here now when I should look through the thread but there are so many.

Grin is not private, all transactions are broadcast
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 01:32:49 AM

Grin is pumping and this thread is in the 3rd page with no excitement? Something might be wrong. Is everyone selling on the pump?

In any case, bump hehehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 02:14:25 AM

Grin is pumping and this thread is in the 3rd page with no excitement? Something might be wrong. Is everyone selling on the pump?

Oh well, you are right . Last time i checked GRIN, the price was around 26k satoshis but now it got pumped to 36k satoshis. On CMC it saying this token got pumped more than 25% today.

adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 06:29:38 AM

Oh well, you are right . Last time i checked GRIN, the price was around 26k satoshis but now it got pumped to 36k satoshis. On CMC it saying this token got pumped more than 25% today.

Yea I got my little position in right before the pump yesterday Cheesy waiting for a dip to buy some more, this project seems really cool Smiley
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 08:29:26 AM

Why no grin on bitcoinwisdom.io  ?

VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 08:34:17 AM

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/grin/

1PCm7LqVkhj4xRpKNyyEeekwhc1mzK52cT
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 09:08:34 AM

Yea I got my little position in right before the pump yesterday Cheesy waiting for a dip to buy some more, this project seems really cool Smiley

There has been a steady decline in its hashpower in recent months, while in the last few days the latter has started to rise again by 30%, and the price in the markets has reacted accordingly, also increasing by 30%.

Until two days ago you could get a good profit from Grin's minign, even by renting Nicehash power, while today you are again on par.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 10:37:54 AM

Can you elaborate on grin not being private? Isn't that the whole point of grin for it to be truly private??
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 03:26:57 PM

Positive trends for 24 hr to 30 days https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/grin
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 07:41:57 PM

Well, if nothing was broadcasted it'd be centralised system. In order to be a decentralised one, it needs to broadcast some data.
But I'm pretty sure that what is broadcasted can only be used to confirm a transaction, without any knowledge of what's inside the transaction. Only the parties included in the transaction can use their keys to "unlock" or decrypt the details of their transaction.

If I'm mistaken on something, please enlighten me!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:43:34 AM

Privacy-Centric Coin Grin Sets Mid-July Target Date for First-Ever Hard Fork

Privacy-centric cryptocurrency Grin is finalizing its timeline for its first-ever network hard fork,
according to a proposed timeline uploaded by Grin core developer Quentin Le Sceller to Github dev community forum Gitter on June 5.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/privacy-centric-coin-grin-sets-mid-july-target-date-for-first-ever-hard-fork

Scheduled Update.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 02:03:56 AM

Why no grin on bitcoinwisdom.io  ?

You still go to bitcoinwisdom.io? Everyone now uses tradingview.com hehe.

In any case, what is the cause of this pump? The hardfork next month? There is nothing special about it, I reckon.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
RivAngE

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 07:30:32 AM

In any case, what is the cause of this pump? The hardfork next month? There is nothing special about it, I reckon.

I can see three reasons.

1) The hardfork is special actually, since it's the first network upgrade of Grincoin. I reckon another pump will follow after the hardfork if everything goes smoothly.
Why? Because it proves the team is working on it and they're moving with their schedule.

2) They released a Windows wallet. So far people's only options were to install Linux (in a virtual or physical machine) or keep their funds in exchanges. I'm sure there were many big investors who might have though of buying GRIN but they didn't have Linux nor wanted to bother with Linux. Those people are now able to buy GRIN.

3) With mixer services proving unsafe after all, it was bound that some people would turn to GRIN for its superb anonymity.

Bonus) As I have been following this thread for a while, I understand a lot of people were expecting GRIN to fall to 1$ or even less, therefore at least a few people (if not many) were waiting to buy lower. Well... they might have understood that this was too low of a target and they're now FOMO buying.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:12:11 AM

I can see three reasons.

1) The hardfork is special actually, since it's the first network upgrade of Grincoin. I reckon another pump will follow after the hardfork if everything goes smoothly.
Why? Because it proves the team is working on it and they're moving with their schedule.

2) They released a Windows wallet. So far people's only options were to install Linux (in a virtual or physical machine) or keep their funds in exchanges. I'm sure there were many big investors who might have though of buying GRIN but they didn't have Linux nor wanted to bother with Linux. Those people are now able to buy GRIN.

3) With mixer services proving unsafe after all, it was bound that some people would turn to GRIN for its superb anonymity.

Bonus) As I have been following this thread for a while, I understand a lot of people were expecting GRIN to fall to 1$ or even less, therefore at least a few people (if not many) were waiting to buy lower. Well... they might have understood that this was too low of a target and they're now FOMO buying.

I personally believe you are right for the last two points: anonymity and price too low for its potential.
Furthermore, his hashrate had also dropped a great deal and it had become really convenient to mine it and obviously buy it; this is perhaps the main reason.
The real price of Grin will be discovered only in 2-3 years, and I think it will be around 0.005btc, so at least x10 from today's price.
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:41:53 AM

Is it confirmed anonymous? I think it was in this thread I read a party "could be" logging all transactions if they wanted ?

RivAngE

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 02:35:54 PM

Is it confirmed anonymous? I think it was in this thread I read a party "could be" logging all transactions if they wanted ?

Do you mean the nodes logging all the transactions?
Well, I can't read the source code so I just go by what I read online and from the little I can research using the coin myself.

First of all, by checking the "explorer" by myself I see there are no sender/receiver info. For example, this block has 1 reward and 1 transaction (which is shown as 2 transactions because it includes 2 parties): https://grinexplorer.net/block/00001b97a42d27869cfdbbf34d3aaec19a3112a26f32babc6f9a64bbd7d1ecb2).
As you can see, there are not wallet addresses to trace.

Then there are articles about the Dandelion protocol GRIN seems to be using (https://blockonomi.com/dandelion-protocol/). It seems like with this protocol, the network can't trace the users' IP.

So.... I don't know... would there be any other hole in the anonymity of the network?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:49:58 AM

I can see three reasons.

Fomo buying always ends in dumping as fast as the buyers can click hehehe. I might have made a mistake for not buying, however with more than 10% of inflation for the next 10 years and unlimited supply, I want a better price.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
RivAngE

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:29:42 AM

I can see three reasons.

Fomo buying always ends in dumping as fast as the buyers can click hehehe. I might have made a mistake for not buying, however with more than 10% of inflation for the next 10 years and unlimited supply, I want a better price.

The inflation is a relative thing. It might look like 10% now and 5% in 2 years (I pulled those numbers from my head, I didn't calculate the actual numbers) but the actual AMOUNT of coins generated are stable.
This could either be good or bad.
What I mean by that, is that the adoption will dictate if this amount of inflation will drive the price down or up. If the amount of users who hold GRIN increase sooner than expected, then the current inflation won't be enough to satisfy them and the price will increase because of higher demand than supply, that's what I believe we're seeing right now.

On the other hand, a stable inflation has the risk of the project not reaching the expected userbase and there be just too many coins for too few people.

Call me Mr. Obvious for explaining this but I feel like many people (I don't mean you specifically) only look at the one side of the coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: