Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2019, 03:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please DON'T pay any taxes on your crypto!  (Read 19739 times)
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 06:56:08 AM

I think we have paid the tax because when we do withdrawal to fiat money from the the market, they have paid the tax for the government be collectived by the market of course small amount of tax, so our money is clean. That was my experience and i think all of regulation around the world is same and in my own personal opinions it is money 10% because we have paid the tax via market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goaldigger

Activity: 728
Merit: 141

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 07:24:44 AM

More and more countries, like Chile or India, are trying to tax their citizen for the crypto they hold.

Please don't pay taxes on your coins.
You really don't need it, unless you are totally ignorant.

It's simple: they cannot prove you have the coins on your PC/phone , so you don't have nothing to pay taxes on, as far as they know.
It's just their attempt to trick the ignorants that don't know about that Wink

Even if they look for your wallet on your PC/phone ,
your wallet data is not accessible to them because it's  encrypted with password  ( uhm.... have you set the password protection on your wallet... right? Wink ).

Of course you are not going to give them the wallet password.

Oh.. they tell you that you withdrawn the coins from an exchange,  so that's the proof you have the coins?
Just say that it was an hacker that stole your coins from the exchange,  not you.
You got robbed, and you don't have to pay taxes on the money that was stolen from you, right?

P.S. for the geeks: use Veracrypt Wink

How to get over a tax evasion 101. Yes you dont need to pay taxes on coins you are already holding because its still not considered as profit not unless you withdraw it. In this you need exchanges or banks that are traceable by the government. If thats the law then you should obey it. No exemptions. Dont run from it or it gets worse in the future.

Nadziratel

Activity: 826
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 07:27:23 AM

More and more countries, like Chile or India, are trying to tax their citizen for the crypto they hold.

It's simple: they cannot prove you have the coins on your PC/phone , so you don't have nothing to pay taxes on, as far as they know.

your wallet data is not accessible to them because it's  encrypted with password  ( uhm.... have you set the password protection on your wallet... right? Wink ).

Oh.. they tell you that you withdrawn the coins from an exchange,  so that's the proof you have the coins?
Just say that it was an hacker that stole your coins from the exchange,  not you.
You got robbed, and you don't have to pay taxes on the money that was stolen from you, right?

According to my estimation, these countries are trying to get tax on the trade, not on the crypto money which people are holding. As you already mentioned, it is very difficult to get taxes in other ways.

Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 07:31:51 AM

Stupid idea,just because the government cannot prove you are holding coins meaning you will not obey the rules?i dont know what kind of people we are having right now here

We are obliged to oay taxes in every profit we made put that on mind,even if they cant prove it but your conscience will tell you to do so
10yearsolder

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:40:33 AM

For as long as you are not detected, then probably you can shirk from your tax obligations. But if you are caught, then you will definitely be sorry for it. At the end of the day, you are violating the law of whatever country you are from. And then there is the fact that you cannot actually avoid them. I think buying with your cryptocurrencies in legal stores and restaurants already involves taxes. Or if you opt to convert them into fiat and withdraw them through legit banks and other centers, you will also be paying taxes.

So you better stick within the legal boundaries.
denzkilim

Activity: 770
Merit: 105

Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 09:25:46 AM

I think we have paid the tax because when we do withdrawal to fiat money from the the market, they have paid the tax for the government be collectived by the market of course small amount of tax, so our money is clean. That was my experience and i think all of regulation around the world is same and in my own personal opinions it is money 10% because we have paid the tax via market.
You have a point about that but there are some countries that insist that a person possessing Crypto Currency should pay taxes depending on the amount of Crypto they have but it is really hard to implement this kind of ruling and Crypto Currencies are very volatile and imagine you are paying taxes yearly while your asset is not moving or progressing.

Stupid idea,just because the government cannot prove you are holding coins meaning you will not obey the rules?i dont know what kind of people we are having right now here

We are obliged to oay taxes in every profit we made put that on mind,even if they cant prove it but your conscience will tell you to do so
Yeah, rules are rules and it should be obeyed by any citizens of a particular country especially if they are law-abiding citizens that respect the rules and regulations of their countries. I guess some people are becoming so greedy and only think about themselves and does not think about other people. But still, it is up to the person in any country to pay their taxes or not and they already know what right or what is wrong. Cool

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:35:54 AM

You have a point about that but there are some countries that insist that a person possessing Crypto Currency should pay taxes depending on the amount of Crypto they have but it is really hard to implement this kind of ruling and Crypto Currencies are very volatile and imagine you are paying taxes yearly while your asset is not moving or progressing.

That's bad if there are some countries apply the tax for the bitcoin while our assets is not moving or progressing, do you can give us more information about it? It will make clear to be discussion on here. Which are the countries that apply tax for our assets in cryptocurrencies. For the people who live at there they must increase financial intelegent if they won't losing their money in cryptocurrencies.
xvids

Activity: 924
Merit: 264

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:45:22 PM

I think it depends on them ,
For example what if it is really against the rules in their country?
Then you are telling them to break the law,
I think paying for your crypto isn't a bad thing specially if it is just a small amount to pay,
And besides if you could continue earning from it then the rax that you are paying is just a small amount compare for your freedom.

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 08:35:06 PM

Sounds like you are not a law abiding citizen because if you are, you won't ask people not to pay tax. For the fact that government cannot confirm your ownership of your bitcoins doesn't mean you should not pay tax. The money generated from tax is used to fund so many things including infrastrutures, police etc. Pay your tax whether government comes for you or not. It is the right thing to do so do it.
agatha90

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:38:19 PM

Since 2009 no one has asked for tax on the crypto assets that we have. Because they don't know how many of our assets are in the wallet. So keep it a secret, because the tax for bitcoin hasn't been worn.
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1027

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:10:43 PM

You don't need to pay any tax on your crypto holdings (at least until now). If you are not converting your coins to fiat, then you are not legally obliged to pay any taxes. You need to pay the taxes only if you convert the coins to fiat, and there is a profit. Depending on the duration of holding, either the long-term capital gains tax or the STCGT will be applicable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:32:08 PM

Does this mean you're willing to pay the fines or serve the jail time of every single person you encourage to this who gets nailed?

Either you stand behind your 'advice' or you don't. In most places the money needs to finish up in your bank if you want to spend it. Once it's in there you may have some explaining to do.
Absolutely my thought, they can't know how much crypto you hold but they will know when you have to convert in a bank. The government will question how do gain such amount and basically they could trace it where it came from. The thing here is, India is not yet a country who accepts btc as form of payment, that is why they need to have a third trusted party which is a bank for them to be able to use their coins.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 05:17:17 AM

Yes there are some exchanges doing that, especially in countries that allow crypto to circulate with certain conditions such as taxes, and local exchanges are required to request tax for each trade or withdraw to fiat, that is not a problem as long as the tax is not too large for me
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 05:37:28 AM

In my country especially, there are minimum amount of asset (either crypto assets or another assets) required to pay tax for each persons. If someone hasn't reach the minimum of amount they don't need to pay tax, it's just they have to keep reporting the assets they own to government. Tax problems is indeed constantly troubling to investor cryptocurrency, in one hand they don't need to pay tax because cryptocurrency cannot be use in daily lives for them and there are not government role which benefited to them but in the other hand government have a power to make everything they want unless you will accept the risk afterward.

.WOLF.BET.
▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▀ ▀▀▀
 ▄ ▄▄▄ 
  ▄ ▄▄▄
▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄███▌        ▀▀▄
  ▄▀   ▐█████████▄  ▀▄
 ▄▀  ▄█████████████▄  █
 ▌  █████████████████  █
▐  ████████████████ ▄█
█  █████████████████████▌
▐  ██████████████████ ▀█▌
 ▌ ▐█████████████████▌ ▐▀
 █  ██████████████▀ ▄▀
  █   ███████████▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄▄██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
     ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
▄███████████▄
███████    ████████████▄
███████    ███████   ▀██
██████████████████    ██
██    ██████████████████
██    ███████    ███████
█████████████    ███████
███████    █████████████
███████    ███████    ██
██████████████████   ▄██
██        ▀███████████▀
██
██
      ▄█▄         ▄█▄
 ▄██ ███ ███████ ███ ██▄
▐███▄ ▀ ▄███████▄ ▀ ▄███▌
▐█▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐█▌
▐█▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐█▌
▐█▌   ████████        ▐█▌
▐█▌       ███     ▄▄▀▀▀██▄
▐█▌      ███    ██▀      ▀█
▐█▌     ███    ███         █
▐█▌    ███     ███          █
 ██▄           ███▄         █
  ▀█████████████████▄     ▄█
                  ▀▀█████▀▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

.AFFILIATE PROGRAM.
   ...FREE FAUCET........
..CHAT RAIN.............
Ipwich

Activity: 1022
Merit: 529

For the love of SegWit

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:08:43 AM

Yes there are some exchanges doing that, especially in countries that allow crypto to circulate with certain conditions such as taxes, and local exchanges are required to request tax for each trade or withdraw to fiat, that is not a problem as long as the tax is not too large for me

That is not a tax, you can only call that as tax if you file a tax return.
That is most likely a fee, we have to know the difference between tax and fee from exchanges so we will not face tax liability in the future.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:19:38 AM

Withdraw fees are mostly for miners and the exchanges so i don't think we're paying taxes at this time. Not just yet. With exchanges and online wallets now starting to require kyc, there may come a time where the transactions we're making will actually be taxed.  Not that i'm complaining though, but i'd prefer not to let the government take my crypto money if it'll be possible lol.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:29:45 AM

It is up to the individual to decide whether he want to pay the taxes, or risk going to the jail for tax evasion. Although none of us are very fond of taxation, I don't think that there is a choice regarding it.
darklus123

Activity: 1106
Merit: 582

LocalEthereum.com

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:32:03 AM

You don't need to pay any tax on your crypto holdings (at least until now). If you are not converting your coins to fiat, then you are not legally obliged to pay any taxes. You need to pay the taxes only if you convert the coins to fiat, and there is a profit. Depending on the duration of holding, either the long-term capital gains tax or the STCGT will be applicable.

Hmm, i think you have a point since if you were just holding that coin even if the price increases and you already can have your profit. It is still not yet to be considered as an income.

I am not sure tho if we can consider it to the long term capital gain. Laws for cryptocurrency market are still not yet established unless you are committing an obvious crime like money laundering which is obviously  punishable by law.

This is maybe the main reason before why the US government can't force the coinbase to give personal infos from their users

████
████
████
████
████          
████             █████████▄
████           ██████████████
████          ██████     ██████
████         ██████       █████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████▀
              ██████▄
               ██████████████
                 ████████████
  LocalEthereum    50+ Ways To Buy & Sell Ethereum (ETH)   ▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████▀▀██████████████
████▀░░░░▀████████████
███▀░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░████
███▄░░▀▀░░▄▄░░▄▄░░████
████▄░░░░▄██▄▄██▄▄████
██████▄▄██████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████░░▀▀░░░░▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░░▄░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░▄▀░░▄█████
██████░░░▀▄▀░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░████████
█████████▄░░▄█████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
No verificationsNon-Custodial
Built-in Escrow   ● External Wallet Integration
BitcSeo

Activity: 1043
Merit: 501

(ǝɯᴉʇǝⅎᴉ&#85

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 10:25:41 AM

Does this mean you're willing to pay the fines or serve the jail time of every single person you encourage to this who gets nailed?

Either you stand behind your 'advice' or you don't. In most places the money needs to finish up in your bank if you want to spend it. Once it's in there you may have some explaining to do.

I just wondering who gave you merit for such comment

"..In most places the money needs to finish up in your bank if you want to spend it. Once it's in there you may have some explaining to do"

Well, i guess you are still newbies when it comes trading with btc if, you don't how to move money safely  money from most online bank without the need of question(s) especially now we have abundant resource to do so.

Note  : the other day i saw link on this forum requesting that member's should submit their tax info's.Maybe they might have started pressurizing the admin of this forum.

Thanks

☑️(ǝɯᴉʇǝⅎᴉ⅂) ƎƎꓤᖵ ɹoⅎ uoᴉʇdᴉɹɔsqns XI⅂ᖵꓕƎN
☑️ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5146065.0
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:43:06 AM

Why should they? Everybody in this world needs to pay his taxes. It is against the law if you are not paying your taxes it could get you jailed. And if we are talking about growth of bitcoin, if this thing could help in the growth of btc then it's a good choice to pay in btc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.