Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fucking Ponzi's and the idiots that buy into them + List of Shills  (Read 15316 times)
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

Every ponzi is a scam i would say there is no real thing as ponzi and yeas this is a scam as well .

The only difference is some pay at the start to gain the trust of the community and when they have enough coins to live a year happy they just fades away in the winds while others just be honest in what they are meant to do and never pays off.
dubouis

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:38:25 PM

I enjoyed a description of the 3 types of people who get in and out early
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:15:13 PM

bump  fuck ponzis
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:16:12 PM

Guys, we're having a discussion with a global mod over in "meta" if you'd like to contribute regarding the ponzi epidemic.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:18:32 PM

Guys, we're having a discussion with a global mod over in "meta" if you'd like to contribute regarding the ponzi epidemic.

yea where case im about to report bitcointalk.org for hosting these kind of games

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:09:26 PM

There's always a chance that you get paid with profit if you enter a ponzi scheme, no doubts. However, if you do, you're contributing to building the trust of the ponzi owner who ALWAYS will end up scamming someone. You have a responsibility to make sure you don't
write "I got paid, keep investing guys" in the thread after you get paid, because that will lead to people getting scammed.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:47:05 AM

PS: Friends dont let friends order from BFL.
Please make this a parody
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:59:47 AM

Besides being completely illegal in some countries and extremely deceptive, ponzis have overtaken the gambling section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494662.80

I posted a topic in Meta about this to hopefully create a sub-board for these types of pyramid scams.

Maybe if enough people post in the thread, it will create pressure to create another board.
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:06:46 AM

Besides being completely illegal in some countries and extremely deceptive, ponzis have overtaken the gambling section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494662.80

I posted a topic in Meta about this to hopefully create a sub-board for these types of pyramid scams.

Maybe if enough people post in the thread, it will create pressure to create another board.

The admins have already ruled that ponzi's with their own website are perfectly fine for this section.  I don't know how to convince them otherwise, as several of us have made very convincing arguments about how they violate the spirit if not the letter of the "gambling" forum. 

CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:21:18 AM

Do you honestly think the ponzi threads posted here are comparable to nigerian email scams and indentity thieves or are you just grasping at straws to try make a point?

Yes.  Ponzi scams are a felony crime.  Knowingly participating in them with the intention of making a profit is also a felony.  When they involve real money, people who turn a net profit on Ponzis often have their asssets seized to pay off those who took a loss.  They cause incalculable economic damage, and that is why they are illegal.

They are as bad, or worse, than Nigerian email scams.  Anyone who participates in one knowingly is a criminal himself, whether or not they've gotten around to enforcing the law yet.

I don't think that the ponzi games here actually fit into the law book definition of ponzi. Most games show all transactions and it's part of the game that new payments can stop at any time (and it's also obviously possible for the person that runs the ponzi to deposit themsevels in the beginning.) Non of this is hidden.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:43:23 AM

I don't think that the ponzi games here actually fit into the law book definition of ponzi.

They are a ponzi by definition, not to mention that they self-describe themselves as ponzis. Clearly you need to revise your definition of a ponzi.

Ponzi
- a swindle in which a quick return, made up of money from new investors, on an initial investment lures the victim into much bigger risks.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:32:19 AM

Well then how about making threats to the site ADmin, if they dont get rid or move them we can actully report the site for hosting illegal games.  They can lose there Hosting and they will have no choice to listen to us.  What do ya think?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
spixel

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:09:53 AM

Ponzis are only illegal because they try to masquerade themselves as a genuine investment. Why is that so hard for people to understand? When everything is out in the open its nothing more than a game (unless the operator runs away, but anyone who handles other peoples money can do that)

If you're talking about the sites such as leancy, then you're going to have to prove they're a ponzi if you want to get anywhere.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:52:28 AM

Amen, brother! Wink

apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

Ponzis are only illegal because they try to masquerade themselves as a genuine investment. Why is that so hard for people to understand? When everything is out in the open its nothing more than a game (unless the operator runs away, but anyone who handles other peoples money can do that)

If you're talking about the sites such as leancy, then you're going to have to prove they're a ponzi if you want to get anywhere.
This is true, there would be nothing illegal about it if they were honest, "send money and we might send it back, or not, or do whatever we want with it".

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:16:37 PM

How is it a game though? What is the objective? These ponzi threads need to gtfo of the gambling section they aren't gambling in any sense of the word. Your just transferring coins to a third party.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:07:08 PM

Ponzis are only illegal because they try to masquerade themselves as a genuine investment. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Because it's utter bullshit.  Ponzis are illegal for a number of reasons, deception being only one of them.  For one matter, a Ponzi is, as a matter of law, a business operating while insolvent.  For another, fraudulent schemes depending on the behavior of others have been considered violations of the Lottery Act, as they have all the criteria (chance consideration and reward).  The policy considerations are that Ponzis invariably collapse eventually, and often create havoc when they do, with bankruptcies that go on for decades costing enormous amounts of court time and money.
Mensa

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:20:56 PM

Ponzis are only illegal because they try to masquerade themselves as a genuine investment. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Because it's utter bullshit.  Ponzis are illegal for a number of reasons, deception being only one of them.  For one matter, a Ponzi is, as a matter of law, a business operating while insolvent.  For another, fraudulent schemes depending on the behavior of others have been considered violations of the Lottery Act, as they have all the criteria (chance consideration and reward).  The policy considerations are that Ponzis invariably collapse eventually, and often create havoc when they do, with bankruptcies that go on for decades costing enormous amounts of court time and money.

Even though I don't think a "game" that is openly calling itself a ponzi is really illegal unless it claims to have guaranteed payouts, I think this forum section has been totally spammed by all these scams so I bump this.
MoneyShot2

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:24:26 PM

Even though I don't think a "game" that is openly calling itself a ponzi is really illegal unless it claims to have guaranteed payouts, I think this forum section has been totally spammed by all these scams so I bump this.

Yes, now 8 out of 38 posts on the first page are ponzi scams. that's almost 30 of the posts! This madness got to stop!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄ 【BTC】
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:14:22 AM

Well, except under the Lottery Act, at least some of the illegality of a ponzi would evaporate given full disclosure.  However, that doesn't exist.

Not really interested in a lengthy legal argument on the subject, though, since the main issue is this fucking spam has overwhelmed the gambling forum to the point of making it useless, and it needs to be kicked the fuck out of here to somewhere else or, preferably, to the curb.

If not to the curb, the suggested solution of the Games & Rounds trash can is fine by me.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: