Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fucking Ponzi's and the idiots that buy into them + List of Shills  (Read 15316 times)
Marcuson

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:50:19 AM

bumping in order to put an end to this ponzi craziness.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:54:00 AM

I think it's interesting that most people hanging around here are so liberal when it comes to weapon and drug trade but get all christy when it's about Ponzi schemes, because they're soooo illegal. I'm not defending ponzis, but to be honest if you can't handle it, turn off your computer, and you won't be exposed to it, I promise.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:52:05 AM

I think it's interesting that most people hanging around here are so liberal when it comes to weapon and drug trade but get all christy when it's about Ponzi schemes, because they're soooo illegal. I'm not defending ponzis, but to be honest if you can't handle it, turn off your computer, and you won't be exposed to it, I promise.

I think the problem is the dilution of the gambling section with spam.

To have the place spammed, is annoying for hard working developers trying to bring provably-fair games to the community.

Just stick them in their own gambling child section called "ponzis".

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:25:43 AM

To have the place spammed, is annoying for hard working developers trying to bring provably-fair games to the community.

yep what he said

every 5 to ten mins some shill is bumpimg a ponzi thread saying they got paid when most times they prob didnt
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:27:17 AM

This is it. When I'm looking at 40 threads on the front page and 30 of them are ponzi related. It gets tiring. The situation seems to have improved some though.
HighIQSociety

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:54:29 AM

bump
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:33:19 AM

That solution is one so extreme that it's stupid. It's equivalent to someone living in poverty and getting told they should kill themselves if thy can't handle it. Back on topic, ponzis are a pain in gambling and should be moved.
spixel

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:57:14 AM

That solution is one so extreme that it's stupid. It's equivalent to someone living in poverty and getting told they should kill themselves if thy can't handle it. Back on topic, ponzis are a pain in gambling and should be moved.

A pain in gambling for you perhaps. But you're not the only person who uses this forum and neither are the others who posted in this thread agreeing with you. If you don't like them why not just skip past the thread? All of them have ponzi in the title so its easy to do so.
apsvinet

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:02:58 AM

You can't argue with it being a solution.
What a poor comparison though. Oh what problems you have, you have to ignore ponzis in the gambling section of a forum. What a cruel world, it's just as bad as living in poverty. Bohoo.

Idiot.

a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:56:16 AM

what are some cons to moving ponzi's to their own subsection?
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:29:39 AM

What a poor comparison though. Oh what problems you have, you have to ignore ponzis in the gambling section of a forum. What a cruel world, it's just as bad as living in poverty. Bohoo.

Idiot.

Yeah, you're right, I can't argue with a little kid who has an intellectual ability of a potato. If you cannot understand what hyperbole is please go find a dictionary (if you know what one is) and learn.
apsvinet

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

Idiot.

Yeah, you're right, I can't argue with a little kid who has an intellectual ability of a potato. If you cannot understand what hyperbole is please go find a dictionary (if you know what one is) and learn.
Lol, someone is obviously upset cause he's embarrassed about a horrible comparison and his pathetic rants about his first world problems.
Ran out of arguments - jumped to personal insults. Classic.

curtl

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:16:52 PM

That is the million dollar question, isn't it!

There is no reason that there can't be a Ponzi section.  It would make those of us that don't do Ponzis happy, and it would make those that do Ponzis happy too I would think. 

I have not seen a reason not to do it.
a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:27:50 PM

There is no reason that there can't be a Ponzi section.  It would make those of us that don't do Ponzis happy, and it would make those that do Ponzis happy too I would think. 

exactly my point.  if anyone has any cons, i'd like to hear them.  i'm sure the ponzi guys wouldn't mind having their own section.  unless they think they can get more exposure in the gambling section...
g4c

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:08:36 PM

exactly my point.  if anyone has any cons, i'd like to hear them.  i'm sure the ponzi guys wouldn't mind having their own section.  unless they think they can get more exposure in the gambling section...

agreed, ponzis are great, they deserve their own section!

i'm sure they would love their new place and keep it orderly and clean.

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:19:04 PM

Ive made 0.01 from ponzis lol but im happy!

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:51:10 PM

Yes, the main issue isn't really one of the morality or legality of Ponzis, but the fact they're off-topic in this forum and should be moved to a relevant forum, preferably some shit-pit toilet where they can swim in turds, choke on them and die.

Whoops, got emotional there at the end.

Incidentally, there is nothing at all inconsistent about libertarians despising Ponzis.  The fundamental principle of libertarianism seems to me to be the non-aggression principle.  Fraud is a species of aggression, in that it seeks to undermine the free and uncoerced choice of the victim.

Open Ponzis arguably do not fit in this mold, and I can imagine a kind of Ponzi that could be played as a game, if it were provably fair, i.e. the end of the Ponzi where profits are taken is actually determined by a known algorithm.  But "whenever Slick Eddie runs off with the money" is no such thing.

Also, such a Ponzi would still probably be illegal under lottery laws, but again, not relevant to this thread's issue.  Which is that the Ponzis that ARE being posted here are off-topic.  They are not gambling.  They are HYIP.  FUCKING MOVE THEM.
brian123321

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:35:54 PM

What blows my mind every time i visit the gambling section why they allow a flood of ponzi sites to clutter the first page.  Why would they even allow people to promote SCAMS on their forum?  I really do not understand this at all.

To me it seems like everyday there are more and more of these ridiculous ponzi scams.  It becomes brutal to swift through them all so you can find a thread worth reading.

Its makes me question whether the mods are in on these ponzi schemes to allow a blatant scam to be promoted.

Ponzis are not gambling they are a SCAM they will always be a SCAM how can you allow con artist and liars promote SCAMS?!?!?

Tips: 1PyqHAuUU54Bk53XFwGoYAGciovHtL7CEL
apsvinet

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

What blows my mind every time i visit the gambling section why they allow a flood of ponzi sites to clutter the first page.  Why would they even allow people to promote SCAMS on their forum?  I really do not understand this at all.

To me it seems like everyday there are more and more of these ridiculous ponzi scams.  It becomes brutal to swift through them all so you can find a thread worth reading.

Its makes me question whether the mods are in on these ponzi schemes to allow a blatant scam to be promoted.

Ponzis are not gambling they are a SCAM they will always be a SCAM how can you allow con artist and liars promote SCAMS?!?!?
It's allowed cause it is, it's not up to you to decide. If someone posts something racist here, does that mean the forum staff promotes it? No.
Anyways, updates about the issue is discussed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510636.msg5657950#msg5657950, and we'll post likely see a new forum section soon.

Quit whining already.

dolphin2014

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:11:10 AM

After reading some of the posts on this thread, I don't think that everyone quite understands what a ponzi scheme is. Here is Wikipedia's definition of a Ponzi Scheme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: