Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:49:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGE COLLAPSING - Invest in a coin with a real future INFINITECOIN  (Read 6525 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:58:50 AM

so it took nearly 3 months to get the new management structure in place and you don't count that as a bad thing 

Please, tell me how successful your own attempt at managing Infinitecoin was. I would love to hear that story of massive failure and internal bickering again.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:53:21 AM

Personally I like IFC, but to be frank it's been one of the biggest pump and dump coin in CC history. So condemning DOGE for doing the same...  Roll Eyes
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:43:15 PM

so it took nearly 3 months to get the new management structure in place and you don't count that as a bad thing 

Please, tell me how successful your own attempt at managing Infinitecoin was. I would love to hear that story of massive failure and internal bickering again.

I never managed IFC the project was totally outside the dev team o it totally irrelevant !

master-P

Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

Neither IFC nor DOGE will have any long-term value. Both are a poor investment.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:52:25 PM

InfiniteCoin is dying, any coin that is above 2 Billion I would not invest, and they have been for a wile in the market but no success, I would look at the new coins see what they have to offer, low difficulty low price, I'm waiting for this New coin to come out EuropaCoin.org. on sunday I hope and I can grab some coins with CPU, that would be awesome not investing a fortune on Rigs, cards cloud hashing which they are making money not us.
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:01:57 PM

Solid facts you got there...
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:59:24 PM

Personally I like IFC, but to be frank it's been one of the biggest pump and dump coin in CC history. So condemning DOGE for doing the same...  Roll Eyes

No that is not true.  IFC was an excellent experiment in cryptocoins.  It was an interesting set of parameters that hadn't been tried.  I expected that network hashrate would dry up within a year.  You can go through my post history back to April through July to see.  I anticipated a price increase from increased scarcity but there were no measures put in place to handle the upcoming hashrate decline.

There were a few adjustments to the transaction fees but nothing that would help support mining.  As a result the hashrate is down.  With fewer miners you have fewer participants in the coin which means you have fewer promoters which means that your market remains small and you have to forcefully market the coin instead of organically growing it.  DOGE's hashrate grew in size and its popularity increased with it.  It wasn't a small subset of promoters but a large group where many small collectives independently provided promotion along with the core group.  That is real marketing.  Core group guides marketing and the smaller groups do their own thing.

Again, IFC is not bad.  I'm fond of it.  I made a decent profit.  But it needs to solve a few issues that keeps it from going to the next tier of coins.

1.  Incentivize miners again.  Bring back your core group of supporters.
2.  Reduce shameless promotion/marketing for a while.  Have a quiet period.  Only report facts.  Wallet update, algorithm updates, added feature.  This will build a strong collective group of supporters that are interested enough to invest time to monitor the progress.  They will be some of your strongest supporters in the future.  Incentivize their early reinvestment and risk.
3.  Let IFC promotion grow organically at first.  Let your supporters start spreading the word.  People love rumors/tips/insider info.  This incentivizes your early adopters more and builds another level of supporters, the friends and family plan.
4.  Promote the coin only when it has peaked in organic growth with a road map for new feature deployment days.  This fuels trading activity, especially if the new feature incentivized buyers before it is deployed.
5.  Make sure what you build has staying power and keeps incentivizing long term adopters. 

It is sad but true.  Value is built on the backs of previous labor unless it is fiat (then it steals from the future laborers).  To grow value in an inflationary currency (anything that added rewards) you need to increase value faster that it is being lost through creation.  If people value IFC then they will store some of it.  If they are rewarded in storing that value through price appreciation then they will store more.

Good luck developers.  I'll be watching.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

No that is not true.  IFC was an excellent experiment in cryptocoins.  It was an interesting set of parameters that hadn't been tried.  I expected that network hashrate would dry up within a year.  You can go through my post history back to April through July to see.  I anticipated a price increase from increased scarcity but there were no measures put in place to handle the upcoming hashrate decline.

Well it is true, it went from a dead coin when it was switched over from BTC/IFC to LTC/IFC to a raging bull and back down to the depths,  with quite a few pumps and dumps in between. I watched after it was dumped from its first high. Someone patiently began filling in buy orders for 1 LTC at regular intervals all the way back up to near where it had been. If someone sold to him, he carried on higher and higher. Then he filled the gaps. It got dumped again within days.

I agree that it was an excellent experiment with an interesting set of parameters. Historically speaking, I would say it is important and has been hugely influential.

Now it is kind of retro in a funny way.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

Well it is true, it went from a dead coin when it was switched over from BTC/IFC to LTC/IFC to a raging bull and back down to the depths,  with quite a few pumps and dumps in between. I watched after it was dumped from its first high. Someone patiently began filling in buy orders for 1 LTC at regular intervals all the way back up to near where it had been. If someone sold to him, he carried on higher and higher. Then he filled the gaps. It got dumped again within days.

I agree that it was an excellent experiment with an interesting set of parameters. Historically speaking, I would say it is important and has been hugely influential.

Now it is kind of retro in a funny way.

as hipsters prove, retro will be cool one day.  So maybe in a decade or two?  But in crypto terms that may be 18 to 36 months. ;P
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:41:19 AM

I think doge's pattern is not really reflective of a straight pump and crash pattern like we see with so many altcoins.  Doge started trading around 50 satoshi and remained there for awhile, drifting a bit lower.  Then it took off, probably because of the infamous wolong pump.  However, it has stayed way higher than it was during its early period.  It may still crash, IMO there are just too many damn coins, and no cap, but I don't think it's collapsed, at least not yet.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:18:04 PM

sooo, how many IFC do you hold really?

8 billion

why?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:20:28 PM

Says the guy that mines Flappycoin!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
master-P

Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

Does infinitecoin really have infinite coins?

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
ladi4ever

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:28:18 PM

DOGE is a joke / scam coin and has been from day one. Anyone whose been around a while knows; some of it's Devs are far from trustworthy guys!

Ever since Wolong stopped his single handed inflation the DOGE price has been bleeding, with the charts showing a clear nose dive beyond the current market depreciation.
Don't take my word for it, the facts have been available a while. http://www.dailydot.com/business/wolong-dogecoin-market-control-trader-bitcoin/

DOGE is an perfect example of a pump and dump hype machine in action, making those on the inside rich, leaving the less informed out of pocket hanging on with blind hope!

The damage this kind of coin does to the crypto market/movement is extremely high and it has lead to an abundance of clones that are using these same hype methods to fleece new and unsuspecting investors of their money!

The crypto movement is a better form of money, a currency that enables true freedom from the powers that be; it is these ideals that IMO drove the early adapters and the majority of investors!

Bitcoin and litecoin both have these good qualities but are fast being priced out of the market, the pre-mine and centralized currencies defeat the purpose of the crypto movement and therefore IMO are a waste of time, they will not make you wealthy as the centralized nature doesn't ensure they will not make more coins and depreciate your investments or heavily regulate it in the least. And who is really in charge of these?

That only leaves a couple left to invest in, the only top 20 coin that has the volume for the global community and is still cheaply available is Infinitecoin IFC. IFC also subscribes to the true crypto movement ideals!

This is just my educated opinion, so keep your replies on topic and not personal please!

Does anyone know's how which coin wallet is sending spyware and installing on the computer, i honestly think is Dogecoin..
ltcifc

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:46:08 PM

Infinitecoin in the news.
c1010010

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:57:26 PM

Some real activity happening in the BTER IFC/LTC pair recently.

Seems like the spring is winding up again... ready for a real bounce!

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: