Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:13:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized and Decentralized Exchanges  (Read 630 times)
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:00:09 PM

This is very helpful for newbies who are just starting their adventure in crypto trading. I would recommend if you could add all the exchanges and more detailed information about them listed on coinmarketcap  HERE. It would also be nice if you make it more presentable to the readers and i am sure thay you will get more merit for that. By the way, i prefer trading on centralized exchanges and to reputable ones because they are more reliable, secured and with very good customer support.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 08:54:38 PM

Both centralized and decentralized exchange are not good for storing your funds,  it's vulnerable to hacks.
There are decentralized exchanges that do not store funds and this is more reasons they are termed as decentralized, except that the exchange that professes to be decentralized is not in the real sense of it, but centralized. I feel more secured on them. The issue is still have with them, is a general one, which is the volume. I am strongly looking forward to a time of positive change on that.
funnec

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:24:00 AM

You have done a good job differentiating perfectly between decentralized and centralized exchanges, this will help to make a choice between them, great work OP.
nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 08:40:43 AM

Good information you have got in there, these will surely be useful for some people. Is good to know the advantages and disadvantages of centralized and decentralized exchanges.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:13:41 AM

Nice comparison I think this is a fair comparison I think OP has experienced trading on both exchanges to come with a good comparison I have good experience trading on DEX and they are good the fee is lower and there is no third party you will get your withdrawal fast and easy when it comes to erc20 tokens DEX is a good place.

ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:06:07 AM

Nice comparison I think this is a fair comparison I think OP has experienced trading on both exchanges to come with a good comparison I have good experience trading on DEX and they are good the fee is lower and there is no third party you will get your withdrawal fast and easy when it comes to erc20 tokens DEX is a good place.
And what will you do when all these ERC-20 tokens disappear and no one will needs them - then the decentralized exchanges will also die?

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:44:13 PM

And what will you do when all these ERC-20 tokens disappear and no one will needs them - then the decentralized exchanges will also die?

I agree that erc20 tokens come and good maybe what he means is as long as these erc20 exist it is good that it be traded on DEX exchange will they have value, but these DEX's hardly had manipulation or pump and dump compare to some CEX that uses bot to inflate the volume.
mcTether

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 12:49:39 PM

I don't like decentralized exchanges because of their high fees and compulsory ETH balance before you can trade. They are usually too complex to handle. The only decentralised exchange I can manage to use is Idex. To me, the rest are just rubbish.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 12:53:52 PM

I don't like decentralized exchanges because of their high fees and compulsory ETH balance before you can trade. They are usually too complex to handle. The only decentralised exchange I can manage to use is Idex. To me, the rest are just rubbish.

That's true I have to google and ask my friends how to trade here I'm very much used to trading on popular Centralized Exchange that Decentralized exchange made me realized I have to dig deep on what erc20 really is and how they really function, I guess I am more into CEX than DEX.

Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:19:24 PM

You have nice guide here. Yeah, centralized and decentralized exchanges are completely different and it is up to you what do you prefer more. As for me I prefer something like both. On the one hand Idex is a good exchange and on the other hand there is better solutuion, Binance is going to lunch DEX

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:49:14 PM

We need both - Centralised and Decentralised exchanges because almost all DEX are ETH or WAVES based.
You can't trade coins like DOGE or DASH for example on DEX. And  if you exclude IDEX, the volume is critically low on almost all other DEX. Still, DEX are good for new listing and tokens without paying 2-20BTC in listing fees and are giving us some kind of freedom. 

Right. We need both. Though Centralized exchanges have a higher chance to get hacked, but If you withdraw daily or weekly then we are safe enough. Personally, I like DEX for many reasons, but I always use Binance, Kucoin, Bibox too. Because we need both types of exchange to trade cryptocurrency, as you mentioned we can't trade coins in most of the DEX exchanges.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

e@symode

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:03:17 PM

The difference is actually very big, because today there are so many opportunities for that. In order to have real control capabilities of centralized exchanges it is necessary to have very serious access to these opportunities. Now it turns out that all this is nothing more than just a proprietary code.
BoxerRobert
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:07:17 AM

I won't like decentralized exchanges because many of the exchanges shows fake trading volume  and some centralized exchange also same problem happen .
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:23:01 AM

I won't like decentralized exchanges because many of the exchanges shows fake trading volume  and some centralized exchange also same problem happen .
It means we must be careful when pick an exchange to use. Because if we want or not, we will need them and we can't resist it. But if you need exchanger with less fake trading volume, try big exchanger that already lasted for long time.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 12:36:22 PM

Both are very helpful to traders. Centralized Exchange and Decentralized both have advantages and disadvantages. But in people more familiar with Centralized exchange than DEX. It is clear that new people who enter the world of crypto will certainly prefer centralized exchange, because it supports connections for deposits through banks. Whereas DEX, only known by certain people who usually have long been trading.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 12:41:45 PM

This is not a secret that a huge number of exchanges today are controlled by bots, which today communicate with each other. I can even assume that many projects have one owner or these guys communicate very closely.
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 12:50:49 PM

Centralized exchanges are much better compared to me. Look, if exchange got hacked, they would compensate you. also there is a probability when CEX can send you extra amount by fault , in dex it is impossible
funnec

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:46:00 PM

It is good to have a post on advantages and disadvantages of centralized and decentralized exchanges, I guess it will help some to know more about both exchanges.
Kulitha

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 05:14:04 PM

You have summarized important facts clearly.I think still centralized exchanges are better than decentralized ones. Decentralized exchanges are still developing to give user friendly experience. Mostly people have faith on centralized ones.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:19:14 PM

At the moment, centralised exchanges have a big advantage. All tokens can be tradable on centralised exchanges and unfortunately we do not have this opportunity on DEXs. But I think that decentralised exchanges are more secured and as soon as they will make much more listings, things would change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: