Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions about the emergence of new Coins  (Read 1654 times)
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:34:19 PM

I have to again completely disagree with everyone on this thread who is saying that new coins with no working product are still beneficial to bitcoin as they attract more people. I think the exact opposite is true.

First of all, most new coins are in fact tokens built on Eth or a similar dApp platform - these tokens are bought with the parent coin, not with bitcoin, and so no money has to "flow through" bitcoin for these coins to be traded. Secondly, if we have a space that contains 2000+ coins/tokens, and >99% of them are worthless, have no product, scams, pump-and-dumps, etc, it gives off a hugely shady and unprofessional view of cryptocurrencies, bitcoin included, to the outside world.

I for one hope that most alts will die, and we can all get back to focusing on the coin with both a working product and real world use - bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:16:20 PM

Cryptocurrency or crypto currency is increasingly recognized by many in the world. You know, block chain technology is growing day by day, not a few new crypto are emerging.

Question:
1. What do you think of new coins / tokens that keep appearing
2. What is the positive impact of this new coin on Bicoin
3. What are the benefits for traders with the emergence of these new coins?
I think all three are very different from each other. First of all on first question I think new coins are something we direly need, most of them are horrible and probably going to trash but even that 1% or even less rare coins that actually change something can lead to a whole new level on crypto space which is why we still support all of them with the hopes of finding that gem.

Second question is basically just stating what I answered on first one, there are some new ones who are so great that we try to put all our money into ICO with the hopes that the one we support will become that "new coin" that can change something.

However, the third one is totally different because ICO is an "investment" period and not a trader thing, traders only care about the ones that are listed on places like binance. Hence why it is really not tied together.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:53:40 PM

I'm not against each and every coin or project, but more of them means more money flowing into shit projects where people will burn themselves hard. I wish Coinbase stopped acting like a dick offering retarded shitcoins no one cares about. Instead, they could do their best to improve infrastructure for Bitcoin and even Ethereum as most of their revenue comes from these coins.

On the other hand, Coinbase is subject to what the DCG has planned in terms of boosting their own portfolios. Sad to see that just like Blockchain.com and BitPay the shareholders are deciding what the roadmap will look like. Roll Eyes

Even if no altcoins means less demand for Bitcoin being traded, then so be it. It will organically make people go for Bitcoin during the next run up so there isn't much to lose anyway.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:36:45 PM

Coinbase is subject to what the DCG has planned in terms of boosting their own portfolios.
It is concerning the number of people who don't seem to realise this. They see Coinbase listing coins like ZRX and MANA, thinking that this somehow signifies an endorsement of the technology/roadmap of these coins, when in actual fact all it signals is that Barry Silbert and other DCG higher-ups are bag holding these trash coins.

After all their shady inside trading around their launch of BCH support, it became clear that Coinbase doesn't actually care about advancing crypto in the slightest - all they care about is profit for themselves. It was no surprise, really, that they chose to ignore their own criteria for which coins they would list and instead decided to list a bunch of trash because they wanted more profit for the shareholders.
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:48:34 PM

1. I think that we already have too many coins with no actual use that take advantage of other coins like Bitcoin to get some value so from now on it would be good for developers to find first a use for their coin to the real world that would give it value.
2. If more coins with real world application appear then demand from people will come and they will be popular. Then they would serve the whole crypto market and Bitcoin.
3. Coins with real use means that if a trader invests early, they will get profit on the investment. Because this will be a product that people will use.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 12:05:32 AM

First of all, most of the altcoins are either totally shit scam coins or just a clone of another coin which eventually dies. Same goes for the tokens. Most of them are just scam and are used for pumping and dumping.
Secondly, I don't think they have any kind of impact on bitcoin. Its just that they are having negative impact on the community (that is people getting tired of those shitty scam coins).
Thirdly, no such benefits for the traders. If they are lucky during the pump and dump stage, they will be able to make some good fortune.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sekop

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:47:07 AM

Already many people who know crypto I think this is good for future developments, the stronger the crypto community will have a positive impact so that crypto can be used according to its function.
For the emergence of new coins, there are still many who are studying for their development and influence, new coins are not all that we imagine so prices are still below the level. Has the impact that the development of the blockchain is increasingly widespread and well-organized.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:25:43 AM

One of the imports of the 2018 clampdown by government agencies was targeted at the increasing number of ICOs most of which are scammy. This move has greatly reduced the number of coins entering the market. Any new coin entering must be a coin with value and a target specific solution.
Majority of altcoins that launched with ICOs didnt even have any viable product to launch and they simply raised funds and delayed development. Their excuse is that they cannot liquidate funds received in the ICO into fiat currency to pay for the expenses but being the owner of a startup people expect them to have taken a better management and decision making to face the market movements.

In another sense this is a good use case of how the market volatility affects projects that are funded by that currency. People know of this but still they invest, why? Because they are willing to take the risk of being rich even if they are poor.

This dreams of being a king while we are all still paupers is what often destroys people's lives

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sidkz
Copper Member

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:02:06 AM

I follow the release of new ICO projects, and I don’t understand much, during the ICO period they collect large sums, but when tokens enter the stock exchange, they drop in price, it turns out that everyone wants to sell tokens, but no one wants them buy.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:11:55 AM

I follow the release of new ICO projects, and I don’t understand much, during the ICO period they collect large sums, but when tokens enter the stock exchange, they drop in price, it turns out that everyone wants to sell tokens, but no one wants them buy.

Many bounty participants, including early investors sell their tokens. This sell off affects price to dip, it`s happen with 90% of ICO`s.
Some people dump their coins and when price drops a lot there aren`t new buyers.
   This shouldn`t affect project itself! But when entire market suffer from downtrend, project that collected Bitcoin, Ethereum, after
some time face with financing problem, raised amount is lower.
    I keep my tokens from bounties I participated. I`m long-term holder. Not everyone sell their tokens right away.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:27:04 AM

1. I noticed that they're almost the same. Each one of them offers anonymity, fast transaction and lower fees, that's what I usually think of their common similarities which is somehow very upsetting because the uniqueness are gone. I hope there would be more coins emerging with great concept or at least have actual applications such as ETN (offers mobile mining), IPL (for insurance), EGC (related with environmental matters) and many more.

2. Nothing except for the hype it can produced thus resulting to more people engaging with cryptocurrency. The more crypto investors, the livelier the market.

3. One thing, for pump and dump. This is the sad truth. Majority of the investors do not look on the essence of the coin, they are more focused on trading it and and get more valuable profit (in terms of btc or cash).
ellehcar

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:35:01 AM

I don't think emergence or creation of new coin is necessary nor newly created coins are profitable anymore in times like this. I actually wonder why they keep on creating new ones when in fact old coins hardly survive this long plummet. I don't think it's beneficial to them neither for the traders. Almost everyone is having doubts whether they will still invest or not, even the long-time investors or traders. These new coins will only add up to the FUD about crypto because people would always think that cryptos are all the same scam, or they would just be another lousy competition which makes it even harder for top coins to go up.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:42:17 AM

Cryptocurrency or crypto currency is increasingly recognized by many in the world. You know, block chain technology is growing day by day, not a few new crypto are emerging.

Question:

Sometimes new coin have different function and maybe more faster on transaction confirmation. The positive about new coin is more investment option, not only in bitcoin. Making a research before investing is important, right now many new coin is a pump and dump and dont have real project

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:53:34 AM

The CRYPTO market is still evolving, several new coins emerging daily, most are shit coins without a valuable project, when the market stabilize/recover, project with existing product will recover along with it, coins without a valuable project will be extinct.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:53:55 AM

I follow the release of new ICO projects, and I don’t understand much, during the ICO period they collect large sums,
If you dont understand much you should not attempt to put any money in them. Naive people who have no idea who ICOs operate or have prior experience in then should stay away and focus on bitcoin and the top 10 altcoins except the forked coins and ripple. If you are enthusiastic about participating in an ICO do your own research in depth about previous successful and failed ICOs first.

but when tokens enter the stock exchange,
Crypto-exchange not stock exchange.

they drop in price, it turns out that everyone wants to sell tokens, but no one wants them buy.
An immediate drop is imminent because of bag-holding cashing out their money. Those who invest in every other new ICO and dump on getting listed to cash out and then move on to the next ICO. All these questions you are having wont arise if you are going to do your own research. Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:01:56 AM

there are so many kinds of new coins that have sprung up with their respective goals and there are many of them who are able to be well received in the market. and With the arrival of these new coins, the traders have broad options to be able to trade with various types of coins, but we must be more aware of new coins because sometimes they will also lead us to defeat.
ayshagotyou

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:05:51 AM

To be honest, I doubt the new coins. Or rather I do not see the point. There are already so many of them, but instead of developing what we have, they make new ones. What for? unclear.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:19:24 AM

Question:
I do not feel the problem with the increasing number of coins popping up, but in doing so more and more fraudulent and worthless coins give losses to the bounty hunter.
but with the number of coins popping up, it will provide many choices for traders to trade in various coins.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:29:45 PM

A lot of new coins are popping up because crypto is free so many people can make their own coins. But it would be good if the coin made developed well, but now many new coins cannot develop and eventually die. So that many people are harmed. Naturally, many people don't have interest in new coins. and prefer old coins that have clearly been developed. If a lot of new coins are developing, of course there is a positive impact, but in reality only a few new coins can develop. Perhaps the benefit of the emergence of a new coin for traders is that there will be many choices so that you can choose coins to make a profit.
herdiansyahdanang

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:00:05 PM

There are a number of ICOs who have succeeded in their sales even sold out, but I am still surprised why when Tokens entered a cheap exchange the cheap ICO prices, how investors who buy more expensive when their ico even the development team doesn't work well.
Maybe the benefits of the new Token are only momentary and after that stay to avoid risk.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: