Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What all should I know about scalping?  (Read 379 times)
Ethan Craft (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:01:32 PM

I have been trading based on my technical analysis and strategies. But, interested in learning Scalping. Let me be clear, I am not expecting that the experts here will just make me a expert.

I just want to know which are the good articles and the platforms where I can learn scalping. Please share some informative links where I can learn from the basics.

Thanks in advance.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:09:53 PM

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the idea is to buy on a slight downtrend (as in not a dramatic or exponential one) and then list a stop order slightly below and to sell at the next candle up.

A Google search might be good for this or see if there are any books on it. I'd certainly be interested to know more of this strategy also.
Ethan Craft (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:46:32 AM

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the idea is to buy on a slight downtrend (as in not a dramatic or exponential one) and then list a stop order slightly below and to sell at the next candle up.

A Google search might be good for this or see if there are any books on it. I'd certainly be interested to know more of this strategy also.

Thanks. I had googled and there are soo many asked so that I could shortly a few.
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:12:57 AM

I dont like to do scalping trading but i prefer to do day and swing trading,  and for scalping you have to choose trading platform  that have low spread and high trading volume.  For spot trading Binance is best exchange for scalping and for margin trading Bitmex is good one.  Risk management  also become the most important thing in scalping by always use stop loss. 

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:16:52 AM

The fastest way to learn any tradind strategy is to simply start using it with smallest bet.

Go to binance - best exchange- fill your account with 20$ which will be enought to have up to 5 open position 4$ each (what is smallest bet) and just start. What can possibly go wrong? Loosing 4 cents from 4$ bet?

Why binance:
fastest - sharp interface. Orders are on market instantly
Best support - telegrams in close to 30 languages with instant replay from admin
best secured - it even have special system to lock suspicious trades that in last year save custommers coins twice.
highest volume (lowest spread)- and its real volume. On other exchanges like Lbank Ubex, Bitforex 90% of trades are fake.
Low fees - 0.075% with bnb.

The most important thing in any trading strategy is to remeber that you are trading with specyfic strategy. If you buy and chart is not going well cut it. Don't wait and wait for bounce. Don't change your daytrading entry into hodl. You need to buy with scenario. If its not going as it should (even going up too slow) cut it with small profit rather than with loss after dump.
Same with scalping.

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 10:48:11 AM

Few simple rules or rather tips from not to experienced trader like myself:
  • Scalpers usually follow short period charts such as 1-5 minute, so you have to keep an eye on those, you have to be fast
  • Having accurate data is a must but be cautious of any news
  • It is a system for minor movements, stick to that
  • Remember that small orders also have a cost, a lot of fees from small purchases can sum up, leaving you zeroed at the end of the day
  • Limit yourself to just few hours of trading, it can be exhausting and this can affect your judgment      
Hope this somehow helps. Take a look here: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/05/scalping.asp basic scalping guide.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:39:45 PM

In forex scaping is like what most of us called day trading and to scap very well you must understand how to open position and close it as quickly as possible.  I think we should not go into scaping if you like how to interpret candlesticks.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:03:57 PM

Like the others have said it is just a matter of using different time frames. If you go to the lower time frames like 15m or 5m or 1m you are effectively scalping. If you go to the higher time frames you are doing swing trading or day trading. All the indicators that work with the higher time frames will work with the lower time frames too. The difference is they will be less reliable on the lower time frames, that is to say the indicators will be less reliable for scalping and will give you much more fake signals. If you want to scalp, pay attention to the fees because on the lower time frames they contribute more to the bottom line. The reason is your profit is much smaller compared to the higher time frames, so the fees can eat up most of your profit.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 05:36:36 AM

Scalping is very profitable in an unstable market condition, scalping can be uses when there is a sideways, but it is a very risky thing, if we guess the wrong movement then we can lost a lot of money, and the skill to do scalping is not a beginner skill, you need to execute a fast trade and need to make instant decision with a quick time frame
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 07:12:39 AM

Scalping is very profitable in an unstable market condition, scalping can be uses when there is a sideways, but it is a very risky thing, if we guess the wrong movement then we can lost a lot of money, and the skill to do scalping is not a beginner skill, you need to execute a fast trade and need to make instant decision with a quick time frame

Why scalping is risky?The traders that perform scalping usually work with very small profit/loss margins and execute profitable or not-profitable traders very fast with really small loss.In scalping,the quantity of the opened/closed positions is more important that the profit margins.I think that long term trading is more risky.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 07:39:32 AM

Why scalping is risky?The traders that perform scalping usually work with very small profit/loss margins and execute profitable or not-profitable traders very fast with really small loss.In scalping,the quantity of the opened/closed positions is more important that the profit margins.I think that long term trading is more risky.
Any kind of short term trading will be HIGHLY riskier one with respect to crypto trading due to its highly volatile nature. Scalping must be a unique way of trading but it is more famous among Forex trader but definitely not with crypto traders. Because, there will be no guarantee to make profits even in long term in forex whereas cryptos are proving such a wonderful opportunity for long term holders then why should risk unnecessarily ?

I guess a high-risk trader may go for scalping with the help of bots. Yes, usually I never recommend trading bots for crypto traders but when considering the time and efforts needed for scalping, I believe a high risk trader may go for trying out bots. Still, it is just a gambling, nothing could be assured out of it.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:12:07 PM

I have been trading based on my technical analysis and strategies. But, interested in learning Scalping. Let me be clear, I am not expecting that the experts here will just make me a expert.

I just want to know which are the good articles and the platforms where I can learn scalping. Please share some informative links where I can learn from the basics.

Thanks in advance.
It is possible to provide earnings with scalping at Forex, but I have no idea how it can be possible in cryptocurrency. We are able to do this because the movements in the money pairs are slow, but the volatility in crypto is very different, and touching to stop loss can be any time. In my opinion, try Forex for scalping, at least you will lose less.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:29:56 PM

Get in and out fast. Watch for important resistance/support setups and profit from the price reaction from that. Always use small position sizes and tight stop losses. Be careful at slippage as that could damage your account pretty badly if you are not experienced. Best of luck!
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:30:29 PM

Thanks in advance.

If you want to learn scalping, better to use Kucoin, Binance, Coinbene, Houbi, okex and Bitfinex these are all good for learning the scalping when you do the actual trading. It may not be easy to learn but once you find the technique for sure in the future it will be chicken for you to earn most of the time in every exchange platform.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:36:47 PM

You've got to be experienced before engaging in scalping,as its also required in any form of trading,if you've studied properly about the form of trading you wanna engage in with all the techniques required,then scalping could be profitable for you
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 09:02:43 PM

I have been trading based on my technical analysis and strategies. But, interested in learning Scalping. Let me be clear, I am not expecting that the experts here will just make me a expert

You won't be able to profit from scalping unless you are using a trading bot

And I don't think you will be able to get one unless you code it yourself. But you won't need our advice by the time you are actually able to code it in a meaningful way. Obviously, you are looking for a shortcut but it doesn't work like that. So instead of wasting your time (and most likely money as your "scalping" will be more like gambling) with this type of trading, you'd better look into other trading strategies which don't involve making a lot of trades and allow more "fundamental" type of trading

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 10:43:35 PM

Yes, usually I never recommend trading bots for crypto traders but when considering the time and efforts needed for scalping, I believe a high risk trader may go for trying out bots. Still, it is just a gambling, nothing could be assured out of it.

If you want to trade the right way, then a bot is definitely it.

I'm not sure if it's gambling, I'm more inclined to say that trading manually is more like gambling than having a bot doing the trading for you is. Humans suck at trading as they have their emotions get in their way and make stupid decisions based on that. Bots don't have that problem, they enter each trade clean without any sort of regret about the previous trade being a losing one.

The very reason we're respecting the charts so much during this bear market, is because most of what we see happen is algorithmic trading activity. TA works. I was in the 'TA sucks' camp, but it has proven its usefulness for over a year now.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 11:14:04 PM

Thanks in advance.

Scalping is one of short term method, in this strategy stop loss and take profit point using small range. They can take many op ( open position ) in one time but mostly will close all in one time also. For people who has a lot of time this is good strategy and never trade end of the week, that moment many strategy fails because sideways always happen. 

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 12:51:38 AM

There are alot! However, the most important is to know when is the good entry and exit point, resistance and support level. Knowing them is very useful in scalping since you can't always rely on the pattern you see and indicator you use. It's being determined always in scalping regardless of your strategy.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:14:28 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2019, 02:52:45 PM by milewilda

Thanks in advance.

This should be helpful.

https://www.whselfinvest.com/docs/Ebook_Trading_Profile_Scalping_EN.pdf

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: