Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep your funds secured?  (Read 22636 times)
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 03:28:30 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges do you use and i'd be grateful for advises on security. I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?

The OP is from January.
Since then a lot of things has changed.
But i am still confused that OP is wondering for safe a wallet?
If yes,  then i can suggest you to try Blockchain wallet.
It has the best ever security possible. Every time you log in,  it requires an email confirmation.
And about the fees thing, it's pretty normal and depends on blocks.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 04:14:43 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges do you use and i'd be grateful for advises on security. I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?
I think you should use your own wallet, so you can control the private keys. I recommend Blockchain or Coinbase wallet. If you still want an exchanger, i think Binance is a good choice.

Using your own wallet will always helps you to control the transactions. One more thing we have to remember is as long as if you don't share the private key with others you will be on safe hands. Yes, binance is one of the bext exchange for exchanging your tokens.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 04:33:26 AM

I think you should use your own wallet, so you can control the private keys. I recommend Blockchain or Coinbase wallet. If you still want an exchanger, i think Binance is a good choice.

Using your own wallet will always helps you to control the transactions. One more thing we have to remember is as long as if you don't share the private key with others you will be on safe hands. Yes, binance is one of the bext exchange for exchanging your tokens.
Right, even will need more time or maybe money to pay transaction fee, i think if OP save a lot of money, put a little amount to pay fee is better than save his money and he can't control it.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:30:43 AM

It is desirable to store your tokens on your own wallets of blockchain platforms with private keys, but if you are a trader, then you have to transfer them to exchanges, I recommend buying and selling cryptocurrencies on decentralized platforms with good volumes
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:25:00 PM

It is desirable to store your tokens on your own wallets of blockchain platforms with private keys, but if you are a trader, then you have to transfer them to exchanges, I recommend buying and selling cryptocurrencies on decentralized platforms with good volumes

With dapp`s, you don`t need to transfer your coins from your wallet to exchange and vice versa all the time, you have your coins in your wallet all the time. The only way to keep your funds safe is your wallet with private keys, everything else is risky, online wallet services can be shut down, exchanges can be hacked. Hardware wallet with private keys is the safest solution, people should learn about how to store coins before they get into cryptocurrencies.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 06:38:11 PM

If you got hacked it means you made the wrong move in it. Now in every exchange there is no assurance that you can prevent from hacker, that's a wrong mindset dude, because all exchange in crypto industry business whether decentralize or centralize are both risky once you get enter to their platform, so it is always We do it in our own risk.
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:49:06 PM

If you do not trade often, it is better not to keep your funds on the exchange. It's unsafe. But if you are a trader, then you better choose a safe exchange. I would recommend you use a Binance.

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:10:51 PM

With dapp`s, you don`t need to transfer your coins from your wallet to exchange and vice versa all the time, you have your coins in your wallet all the time. The only way to keep your funds safe is your wallet with private keys, everything else is risky, online wallet services can be shut down, exchanges can be hacked. Hardware wallet with private keys is the safest solution, people should learn about how to store coins before they get into cryptocurrencies.
If the question is about the security of funds that is in online or offline wallets, then it depends on if you are a trader. If you are a trader, you would like to keep your coins in the hot wallet over the exchange to be able to trade right away when the deal is in your interest. However, if you are HODLING for long, better go for a cold storage or hardware wallet.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:21:06 PM

If you do not trade often, it is better not to keep your funds on the exchange. It's unsafe. But if you are a trader, then you better choose a safe exchange. I would recommend you use a Binance.
Keeping our funds in any exchanges even it is a reputable one still not advisable cause we know what possibilities that might happen into them, it could be better if we keep it in our own controlled wallet. Anything about securities will always lie into our hands on how the way handle it. Even we use hard wallets still, not a guarantee that it will be safe at 100% knowing the fact that we can still be using the internet to do transactions. Only we should have to be careful and not to fall into phishing sites.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:47:11 PM

In the digital asset market, if you are an active trader, you have to take risks anyway,as there are no decentralized exchanges with large volumes for trading yet
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:51:56 PM

That's the better way to deal with this business,if you are a heavy trader and always taking chances to place position inside exchange, you need to look for good exchange like binance or bittrex it whatever exchange you find yourself very comfortable to use and store your balance, but if you are not really dealing that much it's much safer to withdraw your coins out from exchange and send it to your hard wallet.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 01:45:05 PM

In the digital asset market, if you are an active trader, you have to take risks anyway,as there are no decentralized exchanges with large volumes for trading yet
Just because you trade on decentralized exchange, doesn't mean you will not getting scammed. There were a lot of scam case in decentralized exchanges (IDEX, and ETHERDELTA). I would like prefer centralized exchange since they have much bigger volume than decentralized exchanges
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 03:12:14 PM

You said that you currently keep crypto, right? May I ask you what crypto you are holding it now? Because, there are some altcoins you store it using MEW(myetherwallet), or you can keep it at the top exchange in the market just like Binance, Kucoin, Coinbene, and Okex, and Houbi just make sure you will submit KYC to each platform, so that your account or assets will not freeze by the exchange.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 01:44:20 AM

All I can say that if you want to keep and safe funds or crypto, nano ledger is one of the good and the best for this things mate.
Only things you need to buy em in online in amazon, but if you don't want to buy em you can use Mew known as myetherwallet for crypto
or cold wallet if you want to save bitcoin.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 03:04:44 AM

All I can say that if you want to keep and safe funds or crypto, nano ledger is one of the good and the best for this things mate.
Only things you need to buy em in online in amazon, but if you don't want to buy em you can use Mew known as myetherwallet for crypto

Hardware wallets and cold storage are enough if you want a high security  when storing your cryptos .  you did mention mew ? Mew is only an online wallet and online wallets dont stand a chance compare to hardware wallet and cold storage when it comes to security plus mew is also risky because mew is already been hacked before and it also prone to phishing attacks  .
coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 04:21:27 AM

Yes, nano ledger is another way to secure your coins because we are seeing many negative hacks about using low secured wallets. If you cannot able to buy, better store in MEW because we find more secure through this online web wallet.
Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:59:02 AM

Hardware wallets and cold storage are enough if you want a high security  when storing your cryptos .  you did mention mew ? Mew is only an online wallet and online wallets dont stand a chance compare to hardware wallet and cold storage when it comes to security plus mew is also risky because mew is already been hacked before and it also prone to phishing attacks  .
indeed, you should not use Mew that has been hacked, of course hackers already have access to enter. I don't understand the device, now what I'm doing is providing additional security

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:47:47 AM

indeed, you should not use Mew that has been hacked, of course hackers already have access to enter. I don't understand the device, now what I'm doing is providing additional security

It is very bad idea to transfer the coins to already hacked account. So try to create the new account always in order to secure your funds in a different way because we shouldn't keep all our eggs at one place, there might be huge chances to hack the accounts.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 01:05:25 PM

A newbie to cryptocurrencies should do this as a habit:

-Never trust an exchange to store your crypto.
-Use a crytpo wallet that uses private key to access and recover it.
-Always enable the 2 factor authenthication of your wallets and exchanges accounts.
-Make multiple backups of private key of your crypto wallet.
-Never give to anyone your private key.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:37:07 PM

Yes, nano ledger is another way to secure your coins because we are seeing many negative hacks about using low secured wallets. If you cannot able to buy, better store in MEW because we find more secure through this online web wallet.
You have so many options available to store your coins in. There are a number of companies who are in the business and they have introduced different kind of USB sticks that enable you to secure your funds. The devices have different capacity for storing the coins and are available at low price in the market. But you should do that only if you are not trading your coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: