Bitcoin Forum
January 25, 2020, 06:09:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet!  (Read 6356 times)
b0ne

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:31:54 AM

did you see that new gui wallet coming?
also there is at the moment low hashrate on net, maybe best moment to mine now.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
willy35

Activity: 160
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 09:50:23 AM

This is a very good project.

First of all team is rock solid, they know their stuff which is very good for the community

Mining is easy, my miners just runs without any troubles.

The economy of this coin is very good, mining right now is good as well.

The only drawback is that it is still complicate to handle the wallet, you need good IT knowledge, but the best part of all is that BITGRIN team want to ease normal people life by introducing simple tools.

I am eager to see the new GUI wallet, I have been waiting this and it will make my life more easy   Grin
Bshiki

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:32:33 AM

the new gui wallet will come into next 2 days. Hashrate is slowly increasing looks like a few good people saw it as a good project

this point is a temporary interest simply because a couple of sites that compare new projects gave a good rating.
the project is interesting but the developers are clearly not the best level when compared with the same grin or beam projects. when will you add exchanges?
wgestickley

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 11:00:45 AM

the new gui wallet will come into next 2 days. Hashrate is slowly increasing looks like a few good people saw it as a good project

this point is a temporary interest simply because a couple of sites that compare new projects gave a good rating.
the project is interesting but the developers are clearly not the best level when compared with the same grin or beam projects. when will you add exchanges?

What makes you sure to say that the developers are not high level? Do you know the BitGrin/Grin/Beam developers and can compare/judge them?

BitGrin

Activity: 37
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:01:10 AM
Merited by criptix (2)

GUI wallet is now internally tested and operational.

You will be able to download the latest version in about 10hours ( countdown on www.bitgrin.io )
If you have any questions to the development team, or about MimbleWimble in general, don't hesitate to ask here.
willy35

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:25:50 AM

I do not agree, Bitgrin dev show they are very good, from what I have read since the beginning, they know their stuff well
trackers

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:08:28 PM

Windows GUI wallet out now. Looks awesome. Great to have interested Dev with buy-in, getting in well ahead of the pack

https://bitgrin.io/Download/

BitGrin

Activity: 37
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:45:25 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 12:51:43 AM by BitGrin
Merited by criptix (2)

Dear BitGrin Community,

we are happy to announce the world first GUI Wallet release for BitGrin, which features a simple one click enviroment to send, receive, withdraw XBG between Users and from mining pools.

There is no need for experience in Linux or with CLI anymore - the BitGrin wallet comes as a binary which installs after one click and the wallet can be used by anyone with zero experience in computer science or crypto.

In the beginning the wallet supports Windows and MacOS, but because its written in electron, porting on other platforms wont take long and will happen soon.

Please check this following video for a preview of our amazing GUI Wallet
Wink

BitGrin GUI Wallet Video

BitGrin GUI Wallet Download

willy35

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:51:11 PM

I just tested the new GUI Kingfish wallet - running on W10 Using the MINE option to withdraw coin from pool.

No special port to open, and no special IT knowledge, withdrawing coin is a pure joy, very easy, thank you BITGRIN team

wgestickley

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:37:22 AM

funny supporters for a coin which is just a copy of grin lol

BitGrin is a fork from GRIN, right! But would a copy not do the same as the orgignal? Exactly, we don´t do the same, thats why we forked.

Hopefully you see with the amazing GUI wallet (you should relly try it out) that one of our Goals is the easiest and best user expierence while using MimbleWhimble tech. GRIN has a total other approach while they focus on their tech users.

I dont wont to dive deeper in the economic topic - if you follow the price of GRIN you know what i mean. Inflation is eating value.

I hope you can find some time and look deeper into BitGrin, that will change your mind!
wgestickley

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:55:14 AM

BitGrin is a fork from GRIN, right! But would a copy not do the same as the orgignal? Exactly, we don´t do the same, thats why we forked.

Hopefully you see with the amazing GUI wallet (you should relly try it out) that one of our Goals is the easiest and best user expierence while using MimbleWhimble tech. GRIN has a total other approach while they focus on their tech users.

I dont wont to dive deeper in the economic topic - if you follow the price of GRIN you know what i mean. Inflation is eating value.

I hope you can find some time and look deeper into BitGrin, that will change your mind!

grin was never meant to be a store of value. It was designed for a purpose to be an alternative to fiat cash and current price is not indicative of its true potential as one day i am sure grin will set a standard. On the other hand bitgrin forked with the same code and  has a fixed supply. Big deal??? It has a wallet now and i can see that. But my question is, aren't there already coins like that ? beam for example is far superior than this copy cat. A sane person will hold beam instead of this copy if he really want to hold.  Grin brought new tech to the table and is unique. But what did bitgrin bring  tell me.

Hello reoparker,

thanks at first for your reply.

Your argue line shows me cleary, that you dont have looked deeper into the idea of BitGrin and come here most likely to spread negative vibrations :-)

Bitgrin is a lot more than a fork with a fixed supply but i don´t want to do your homework to research facts if you are realy interessted in this. So i recommend to you, if you are realy interested in this Project, to take your time, brew a coffee or Tee and join our Discord and Telegram Channel. Scroll back and read from the begining about the idea and what its all about. There are so many amazing things to come.

CryptoSperm

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 05:20:05 AM

grin was never meant to be a store of value. It was designed for a purpose to be an alternative to fiat cash and current price is not indicative of its true potential as one day i am sure grin will set a standard. On the other hand bitgrin forked with the same code and  has a fixed supply. Big deal??? It has a wallet now and i can see that. But my question is, aren't there already coins like that ? beam for example is far superior than this copy cat. A sane person will hold beam instead of this copy if he really want to hold.  Grin brought new tech to the table and is unique. But what did bitgrin bring  tell me.

Well At least somebody for BitGrin brought a Windows Wallet LOL. 
b0ne

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 07:49:51 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2019, 08:23:34 AM by b0ne

wow, bitmesh listed testing deposit now!
wgestickley

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 08:59:50 AM

This project starts a few weeks ago and does already set standards what UI should look like. The GUI will be also available for GRIN, so don’t forget that.

The focus of BitGrin is totally different as GRINs and that is clear when you dive deeper in the ideas behind the two Coins. There is no need to be destructive here.

The market will decide what will be the best implementation of MimbleWhimble, but please also consider, that GRINs focus is more on digital cash while BitGrin is digital gold.

Same technology but not the same goal!
b0ne

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:18:16 AM

check out!
https://help.bitmesh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019655634
Proof Of Carnaval
Copper Member

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 02:24:08 PM

This project starts a few weeks ago and does already set standards what UI should look like. The GUI will be also available for GRIN, so don’t forget that.

The focus of BitGrin is totally different as GRINs and that is clear when you dive deeper in the ideas behind the two Coins. There is no need to be destructive here.

The market will decide what will be the best implementation of MimbleWhimble, but please also consider, that GRINs focus is more on digital cash while BitGrin is digital gold.

Same technology but not the same goal!

Absolutely!

Also loving the GUI wallet. So many miners I know store their Grin on the pool or exchange because of difficulties setting up their own node.

Sending to Bitmesh was nice and easy. Only sent a small amount to test but sold for 60k sats, so I'm happy with that Smiley
wgestickley

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 06:30:20 AM

Q&A the next days with the Team! If you have questions, let us know
numroe

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:22:09 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 10:03:05 AM by numroe

Q&A the next days with the Team! If you have questions, let us know
1. I understand how coins like XMR will struggle to scale up for real world use due to the bloated blockchain size, and MW is is far ahead in avoiding that problem.  But how fast can the Bitgrin MW based blockchain perform in terms of maximum transaction throughput (committed TPS)?

2. What system is used to fairly distribute the treasury portion of mined coins to the active Bitgrin developers?
willy35

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 11:34:18 AM

Nice time to mine and fill your bag guys  Cool
haguiarm

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 09:34:03 AM

Hello, regards, I am interested in mining your currency but I am requesting the difficulty explorer APIs for my mining system. If they could facilitate them, since I could not get them out of the explorer directly. Thank you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.