Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:17:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet!  (Read 7435 times)
BitGrin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:45:25 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 12:51:43 AM by BitGrin
Merited by criptix (2)

Dear BitGrin Community,

we are happy to announce the world first GUI Wallet release for BitGrin, which features a simple one click enviroment to send, receive, withdraw XBG between Users and from mining pools.

There is no need for experience in Linux or with CLI anymore - the BitGrin wallet comes as a binary which installs after one click and the wallet can be used by anyone with zero experience in computer science or crypto.

In the beginning the wallet supports Windows and MacOS, but because its written in electron, porting on other platforms wont take long and will happen soon.

Please check this following video for a preview of our amazing GUI Wallet
Wink

BitGrin GUI Wallet Video

BitGrin GUI Wallet Download

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
willy35

Activity: 163
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:51:11 PM

I just tested the new GUI Kingfish wallet - running on W10 Using the MINE option to withdraw coin from pool.

No special port to open, and no special IT knowledge, withdrawing coin is a pure joy, very easy, thank you BITGRIN team

wgestickley

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:37:22 AM

funny supporters for a coin which is just a copy of grin lol

BitGrin is a fork from GRIN, right! But would a copy not do the same as the orgignal? Exactly, we don´t do the same, thats why we forked.

Hopefully you see with the amazing GUI wallet (you should relly try it out) that one of our Goals is the easiest and best user expierence while using MimbleWhimble tech. GRIN has a total other approach while they focus on their tech users.

I dont wont to dive deeper in the economic topic - if you follow the price of GRIN you know what i mean. Inflation is eating value.

I hope you can find some time and look deeper into BitGrin, that will change your mind!
wgestickley

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:55:14 AM

BitGrin is a fork from GRIN, right! But would a copy not do the same as the orgignal? Exactly, we don´t do the same, thats why we forked.

Hopefully you see with the amazing GUI wallet (you should relly try it out) that one of our Goals is the easiest and best user expierence while using MimbleWhimble tech. GRIN has a total other approach while they focus on their tech users.

I dont wont to dive deeper in the economic topic - if you follow the price of GRIN you know what i mean. Inflation is eating value.

I hope you can find some time and look deeper into BitGrin, that will change your mind!

grin was never meant to be a store of value. It was designed for a purpose to be an alternative to fiat cash and current price is not indicative of its true potential as one day i am sure grin will set a standard. On the other hand bitgrin forked with the same code and  has a fixed supply. Big deal??? It has a wallet now and i can see that. But my question is, aren't there already coins like that ? beam for example is far superior than this copy cat. A sane person will hold beam instead of this copy if he really want to hold.  Grin brought new tech to the table and is unique. But what did bitgrin bring  tell me.

Hello reoparker,

thanks at first for your reply.

Your argue line shows me cleary, that you dont have looked deeper into the idea of BitGrin and come here most likely to spread negative vibrations :-)

Bitgrin is a lot more than a fork with a fixed supply but i don´t want to do your homework to research facts if you are realy interessted in this. So i recommend to you, if you are realy interested in this Project, to take your time, brew a coffee or Tee and join our Discord and Telegram Channel. Scroll back and read from the begining about the idea and what its all about. There are so many amazing things to come.

CryptoSperm

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 05:20:05 AM

grin was never meant to be a store of value. It was designed for a purpose to be an alternative to fiat cash and current price is not indicative of its true potential as one day i am sure grin will set a standard. On the other hand bitgrin forked with the same code and  has a fixed supply. Big deal??? It has a wallet now and i can see that. But my question is, aren't there already coins like that ? beam for example is far superior than this copy cat. A sane person will hold beam instead of this copy if he really want to hold.  Grin brought new tech to the table and is unique. But what did bitgrin bring  tell me.

Well At least somebody for BitGrin brought a Windows Wallet LOL. 
b0ne

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 07:49:51 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2019, 08:23:34 AM by b0ne

wow, bitmesh listed testing deposit now!
wgestickley

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 08:59:50 AM

This project starts a few weeks ago and does already set standards what UI should look like. The GUI will be also available for GRIN, so don’t forget that.

The focus of BitGrin is totally different as GRINs and that is clear when you dive deeper in the ideas behind the two Coins. There is no need to be destructive here.

The market will decide what will be the best implementation of MimbleWhimble, but please also consider, that GRINs focus is more on digital cash while BitGrin is digital gold.

Same technology but not the same goal!
b0ne

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:18:16 AM

check out!
https://help.bitmesh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019655634
Proof Of Carnaval
Copper Member

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 02:24:08 PM

This project starts a few weeks ago and does already set standards what UI should look like. The GUI will be also available for GRIN, so don’t forget that.

The focus of BitGrin is totally different as GRINs and that is clear when you dive deeper in the ideas behind the two Coins. There is no need to be destructive here.

The market will decide what will be the best implementation of MimbleWhimble, but please also consider, that GRINs focus is more on digital cash while BitGrin is digital gold.

Same technology but not the same goal!

Absolutely!

Also loving the GUI wallet. So many miners I know store their Grin on the pool or exchange because of difficulties setting up their own node.

Sending to Bitmesh was nice and easy. Only sent a small amount to test but sold for 60k sats, so I'm happy with that Smiley
wgestickley

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 06:30:20 AM

Q&A the next days with the Team! If you have questions, let us know
numroe

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:22:09 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 10:03:05 AM by numroe

Q&A the next days with the Team! If you have questions, let us know
1. I understand how coins like XMR will struggle to scale up for real world use due to the bloated blockchain size, and MW is is far ahead in avoiding that problem.  But how fast can the Bitgrin MW based blockchain perform in terms of maximum transaction throughput (committed TPS)?

2. What system is used to fairly distribute the treasury portion of mined coins to the active Bitgrin developers?
willy35

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 11:34:18 AM

Nice time to mine and fill your bag guys  Cool
haguiarm

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 09:34:03 AM

Hello, regards, I am interested in mining your currency but I am requesting the difficulty explorer APIs for my mining system. If they could facilitate them, since I could not get them out of the explorer directly. Thank you
willy35

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 08:55:53 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 10:31:25 AM by willy35

48H and the team questions & answers will be out  Cool

Eager to read what team is preparing for us  Grin
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:28:00 AM

any plan for this project in long term?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
willy35

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:51:21 AM

Yes ! this is so cool

MrSail

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:50:41 AM

Pretty pumped to see the road map out. Looking forward to seeing the mobile wallet + being a part of the community building efforts.
BitGrin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:26:20 PM

Hi everyone,

just updated the ANN with our roadmap, which outlines our goals for BitGrin in the short and midterm.

Two major topics are the interactive transactions (both sender and receiver need to be online) and the GPU/Asic transition of the PoW algorithm.

We believe we can create an infrastructure that doesnt force both sender and receiver to be online so that users can transact in BitGrin like on any other cryptocurrency.

The second major topic is based on our believe in decentralisation:
Asics are specialized mining hardware with costs starting at thousands of dollars and thus increasing the barrier of entry for mining by a huge margin.
For better decentralisation we want to keep the barrier of entry for mining as low as possible, which could mean that we will keep the share between asics and gpu blocks at a certain ratio and do not transition fully to asics.
sacdh

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:22:02 AM

hello, I'm a miner, on Mining pools
I am currently working on my money, I sent XBG to Bitmesh, but I have not received my money for 48 hours, please help me

ID       Transaction ID                          Address                                                  Amount              Fee     State   Block Height   Time

1203                      https://xbg.bitmesh.com/8EViU7TcmsfTssU6oia3pb894b   171.464888549 XBG   0.001 XBG   posted   81229   20:10:45, 5/4/2019

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPS0wOqUhV2DZquqX0iQZWa_4u7Vy1OicfcyVIZ
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPtjH33obJC3wFEOGAE3FhlRie0J11_ZmRcjNss

willy35

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 02:36:40 PM

Contact Bitmesh support over telegram https://t.me/bitmeshchat
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: