Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BOUNTY] EasySocial Snapshot + Translation Bounty  (Read 540 times)
oodeyaa

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:44:43 PM

Sounds exciting, Im from India and i am not really good with my writing skills.
Platforms like steemit is not really where i would succeed in.
I am looking forward to more real form of social media where im not forced to blog.

So how does the sign up process work? is it hectic?

It's only hectic for us who are developing it... for the user it will be really simple. They will just choose a username and password and they will automatically have an account in all the chains at once. This will also create a Bitshares account for them and all their earnings on all of the chains will automatically be applied to their bitshares wallet so they can easily trade them for their favorite crypto, fiat or even pay for services on any of the chains in the EasyLife system.

Do you have any specific ideas for different contents, like I write poetry and love to share my photos so will this platform is thinking about the separate content creation and communities, any idea in this regard?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
backpackingmonk

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:45:11 PM

I am looking forward to more real form of social media where im not forced to blog.

It's only hectic for us who are developing it... for the user it will be really simple. They will just choose a username and password and they will automatically have an account in all the chains at once. This will also create a Bitshares account for them and all their earnings on all of the chains will automatically be applied to their bitshares wallet so they can easily trade them for their favorite crypto, fiat or even pay for services on any of the chains in the EasyLife system.

Wow, This sounds so Easy.
I'm fed up with the slow and complicated sign-up process of other crypto platforms.
It's also revolutionary that you connected the social media to the exchange wallet.
Now I don't have to do the extra process of sending the coins to the exchange.
its a game changer according to me.

So how will the voting sytem be? will our votes be limited?

EasyDex (OP)

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 07:48:06 PM

So you're saying that that new EasyLife system is connected with a bitshares wallet? I don't understand. So I can just use my wallet and connect it to the EasyLife system somehow. Can you explain?

When you create an account in the EasyLife system it will automatically create an account in Bitshares as well. All funds earned from any of the chains will be applied to your bitshares wallet and you'll be able to trade them for crypto or fiat right on the embedded dex or you can log in to that account on any other Bitshares interface and trade them from there. To simplify matters for most users we will probably just have it set up an account for all users on bitshares rather than have them connect an existing account but you will be able to send your funds to your existing bitshares account easily.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 07:52:04 PM

I'm fed up with the slow and complicated sign-up process of other crypto platforms.
It's also revolutionary that you connected the social media to the exchange wallet.

No, you will be able to vote as many times as you like and posts will be able to be voted on forever. Posts will payout new votes once a week and you won't be able to change your vote on a post once it has paid out for your vote. This is also a good time to point out that we don't have any downvotes either. If someone posts illegal content then that post can be reported to the block producers or whatever governing body the users decide to create so it can be dealt with but making sure that everyone can share their opinion is really important to us and one of the main reasons we created this.

Moonunit1

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:54:24 PM

I did not know that other crypto platforms had complicated signups.  So to you this sounds easier?

I like that they are all linked. But what if I want one for work and one for play? Can they be separated like that?
oodeyaa

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:56:21 PM

Sounds awesome!

So EasySocial is the first chain in this EasyLife project.
Do you know what the next chain will be after Easysocial?

After this the next chain will probably be a blogging platform since that will take the least amount of development. This will work directly with EasySocial in that a link to the blog post will also be posted on the user's EasySocial page and user's will be able to read the full post from the EasySocial interface and voting on it from EasySocial will upvote it on both chains. After that will probably be the user-created media chains where there will be separate chains for photos, art, music, podcasts and videos that will all work with EasySocial in a similar way as well as having more benefits.

I am a photographer and I also make videos.
Its so cool that your making a seperate chain for us.
So how are we gonna earn in this photo chain???

EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 07:57:10 PM

I know someone I could get to do the German translation (or hire so I could the bounty Wink)  - How many words is what needs to be translated?

I truly hope the world sees the potential of Easy Social, whatever language they speak.

It's pretty short compared to most white papers... we wanted to just say the important things and not a bunch of filler. I think it's somewhere between 2500 and 3000 words.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 07:59:36 PM

I did not know that other crypto platforms had complicated signups.  So to you this sounds easier?

I like that they are all linked. But what if I want one for work and one for play? Can they be separated like that?

Yes, you are free to create multiple accounts for different purposes. The only time you have to verify anything is if you want to make a large fiat deposit or do a fiat withdrawal where we have to legally get some KYC/AML data on you but other than that there is no account verfication or anything.
jpower

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:05:04 PM

As I understand there's gonna be many single blockchains for all the different parts of the system. This sounds interesting and seems to be a quite innovative approach. But how does this scale? Isn't it difficult enough to handle one chain? I mean from the tech perspective.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:07:12 PM

Do you have any specific ideas for different contents, like I write poetry and love to share my photos so will this platform is thinking about the separate content creation and communities, any idea in this regard?

As far as EasySocial goes, pretty much any type of legal content is fine. There will be chains after that that work with EasySocial (and each other) for different kinds of content. For example, you'll be able to write a poem in a writer's or poetry chain and illustrate with a photo you posted to the photo chain and that post will be in your follower's feeds on EasySocial. When you get upvotes for it it will automatically upvote the post in EasySocial, the poem in the writer/poetry chain and the photo on the photo chain.
raymondspeaks

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:09:55 PM

Groan!

Please say you're not another Steemit!

Why can't I just use Facebook??

Are you any different??

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:14:24 PM

As I understand there's gonna be many single blockchains for all the different parts of the system. This sounds interesting and seems to be a quite innovative approach. But how does this scale? Isn't it difficult enough to handle one chain? I mean from the tech perspective.

That's an excellent question and one that we're really proud of as it is what makes the whole system work. Everything else is just use cases really.

The way it works is that the keys are the same for the account on all of the chains. This makes it relatively easy to keep track of which account is which and allows them all to work together. Each chain will have it's own set of block producers that will work with the users that will decide the specifics of each chain. A chain in the system could even decide to fork into 2 or more chains and so long as the keys remain the same. The basic meat of the system as a whole is essentially a protocol that allows them all to work together. So long as the protocol is followed then new chains could be created for virtually any use case and it would work the same.
backpackingmonk

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:16:15 PM

So how will the voting system be? will our votes be limited?

No, you will be able to vote as many times as you like and posts will be able to be voted on forever. Posts will payout new votes once a week and you won't be able to change your vote on a post once it has paid out for your vote. This is also a good time to point out that we don't have any downvotes either. If someone posts illegal content then that post can be reported to the block producers or whatever governing body the users decide to create so it can be dealt with but making sure that everyone can share their opinion is really important to us and one of the main reasons we created this.

Sir, Unlimited voting is what a real social media needs, over that we have payouts that last forever.
I always felt limited with my ability to vote for my friends in crypto platforms because of the fact that we get only about 8-10 hundred per cent votes., while ill easily have about 30 friends I'm really close with.
So this is excellent!
Now we can freely share the love with everyone.

Can you tell me more about the photochain??
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:21:50 PM

Groan!

Are you any different??

Definitely not another steemit... Steemit is essentially just a blogging chain that other people have tried to shove other dapps onto which has pushed it out of the bounds of scalability. Also, the ninja mined stake in steemit has essentially killed both it's decentralization and, through the downvotes and hiding of posts, it's censorship resistance.

Of course you are more than welcome to use Facebook all you like if you don't mind your personal data being mined and sold to anyone who pays though you do have to watch what you say or they'll ban your account. On EasySocial you'll be able to speak your mind freely (within legal limits obviously) and there's no centralized authority to mine and sell your data. Plus you'll also earn crypto for your interactions on EasySocial so I'd say there's really a big difference.
jpower

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:30:32 PM

So you mention PB tokens that get a stake in the EasySocial system. Is there a possibility to buy in and get some of these? They seem valuable to me as you're telling that they're higher staked than others. Is there a market?
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:43:52 PM

So how will the voting system be? will our votes be limited?

Sir, Unlimited voting is what a real social media needs, over that we have payouts that last forever.
I always felt limited with my ability to vote for my friends in crypto platforms because of the fact that we get only about 8-10 hundred per cent votes., while ill easily have about 30 friends I'm really close with.
So this is excellent!
Now we can freely share the love with everyone.

Can you tell me more about the photochain??

Sure! The photo chain will be one of the first non-text media chains since they will all work pretty similarly on the back end but we'll want to add different features on the front end for different media types and photos will be one of the easiest to do since it's primarily just uploading the image but we'll add some effects and such you can use. The technical specifics of it is that will make use of the webtorrent protocol to deliver the image to the end user. Basically, when you upload your photo it will be added to the disk storage of anyone running a full node and a magnet link will be generated. The magnet link is what is actually saved in the blockchain as well as the permissions you give it. The blockchain nodes will then also function as torrent seed nodes. This will make mining on the media chains very different than other blockchains. Since the memory usage is relatively low your more mining with your disk storage than with your GPU or RAM.

From a non-technical user's perspective they essentially will be able to upload their photos, optionally probably do some editing to it if they like, then post it to the blockchain. When they upload it they'll be able to set permissions whether they want people to be able to use it in their posts on other chains and such and set an optional royalty they would like from rewards on posts it was used. Then they can earn rewards when people upvote their photo. If their photo is used in a post on another chain they will get upvoted any time the other post is upvoted on it's chain.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:50:53 PM

So you mention PB tokens that get a stake in the EasySocial system. Is there a possibility to buy in and get some of these? They seem valuable to me as you're telling that they're higher staked than others. Is there a market?

Yes they are available as EASYDEX.PB on Bitshares. However, most people really like to hold them so the sell orders are pretty thin. So, if someone would like to acquire some the best thing to do is to contact us either by email at support@easydex.info or talk to one of the admins on our discord server here https://discord.gg/4ZMPUcp.

PBs will not only get you a portion of the initial supply of each chain we build in the system but also gets you a portion of the market fees we collect on our crypto gateway assets as well as random drops when we list new tokens. Sometimes projects give us tokens to drop on holders too for promotional reasons and we're always looking for more ways to add value to them so they're a great investment.
Woodzi

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:18:43 PM

Sounds awesome!

So EasySocial is the first chain in this EasyLife project.
Do you know what the next chain will be after Easysocial?

After this the next chain will probably be a blogging platform since that will take the least amount of development. This will work directly with EasySocial in that a link to the blog post will also be posted on the user's EasySocial page and user's will be able to read the full post from the EasySocial interface and voting on it from EasySocial will upvote it on both chains. After that will probably be the user-created media chains where there will be separate chains for photos, art, music, podcasts and videos that will all work with EasySocial in a similar way as well as having more benefits.

Nice! I'm really looking forward to that photography chain.
raymondspeaks

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:35:13 PM

Groan!

Are you any different??

Definitely not another steemit... Steemit is essentially just a blogging chain that other people have tried to shove other dapps onto which has pushed it out of the bounds of scalability. Also, the ninja mined stake in steemit has essentially killed both it's decentralization and, through the downvotes and hiding of posts, it's censorship resistance.

Of course you are more than welcome to use Facebook all you like if you don't mind your personal data being mined and sold to anyone who pays though you do have to watch what you say or they'll ban your account. On EasySocial you'll be able to speak your mind freely (within legal limits obviously) and there's no centralized authority to mine and sell your data. Plus you'll also earn crypto for your interactions on EasySocial so I'd say there's really a big difference.

Sounds fair.

I'm reading through all the other comments. I REALLY like the idea of unlimited voting. Although if we reward people with our stake how will that work? Unless you give us all unlimited stake too - that would work - IN UTOPIA.

I'm not sold yet.

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 09:35:31 PM

I'm very interested in the MUSIC side of EasySocial and would also like to be an ambassador for an EASYTUNES Chain if you'll be creating one?
I also think that rewarding musicians indefinitely for their music, is a brilliant idea! and one that can create a much needed ongoing stream of revenue for us.

Music is definitely one of the ones we want to focus on and have a lot of plans for that. For one thing, we plan on creating a player that we will put onto all of the interfaces on every chain we are doing so users can listen to their music chain (EasyTunes is a good name) feed while browsing EasySocial, reading posts on the blog chain or editing a photo for the photo chain. Because of this, the interface for the music chain will be more focused on the musicians and the producers and we want to add lots of features to make it easy to collaborate with other musicians from anywhere and mix and edit your music right from the site. When a song is posted that musicians collaborated on together it will appear in all of their followers feeds and they will all share in the rewards of the song at a ratio they define themselves. We also have lots of plans on different ways we can bring value to the tokens associated with each media chain including the music chain. For example, on the music chain we can make it so a user can download songs if they send the musician some tokens and maybe even organize concerts and festivals people can get tickets to using the tokens which are used to pay the acts and organizers. Lots of possibilities for sure.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: