Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Institutions secretly HODL Bitcoin?  (Read 2471 times)
fakegurutu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:25:03 PM

have you ever asked if some companies are seriously investing in Cryptos and still not talking about it?
They way crypto platform for Institutional client is been developed by the day is become an eye opener that there is serious interest
by companies but I guess anonymity is prefered

Huobi Launches a trading platform for institution https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/huobi-crypto-exchange-to-launch-institutional-trading-to-a-limited-group/

So do you think companies like NASDAQ is good for the market https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-27/nasdaq-is-said-to-pursue-bitcoin-futures-despite-plunging-prices

SO do you think Bitcoin will be the future all sometimes fade away?

Huobi MENA: www.huobimena.com
telegram: https://t.me/HBMENA

theres a possibility that many institutions out there have been long holding bitcoin and just waiting for that very moment when bitcoin will rise high enough to buy everyone a lambo. We cannot deny the fact that theres a large institutions holding a massive amounts of bitcoun in their crypto wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:58:15 PM

There are rumors of some russian politician saying that Putin is considering buying Bitcoin reserves. I believe this has been happening for years now. While they FUD the are buying OTC bigly. Approving Futures was a way to manipulate the price downwards and keep the price down. Once they've shrunk the OTC market, they will pump it to ATH, and keep repeating the cycle as they accumulate. They understand they cannot kill Bitcoin, only become bigger players.
if indeed that happens, then we will still see bitcoin to a high price again, after in 2018 we see prices tend to be sluggish. therefore I only convinced myself to hold on to the assets that I had. so that you can still enjoy the results later, and the news at least provides its own encouragement. what is clear is that bitcoin cannot be killed

I am very much agreed on your answered dudes. There are many of the others trying to overcome or replace the value and volume of Bitcoin but still since bitcoin has been run for 1 decade it is still among the top no. 1 in this business industry. Even though Bitcoin has also been down for almost 1 year but still a lot of us here believed it will bounce again at the right time.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:13:59 PM

I think that it may very much be the case. There's a reason why many have hired crypto consultants. Even JP Morgan has been caught trading while its CEO waswas bashing Bitcoin in the media. If the rumors from Russia are true it would be completely normal for them to respond to the rumors like they did. THey wouldn't want to pump the prices up now when they're still considering it so the best answer is to deny everything.

Toy_evil

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:15:01 PM

There are rumors of some russian politician saying that Putin is considering buying Bitcoin reserves. I believe this has been happening for years now. While they FUD the are buying OTC bigly. Approving Futures was a way to manipulate the price downwards and keep the price down. Once they've shrunk the OTC market, they will pump it to ATH, and keep repeating the cycle as they accumulate. They understand they cannot kill Bitcoin, only become bigger players.
This is not a rumor, there were already some kind of official statements about it. I think if you google it, you can find it. Recently, more and more companies are revealing their plans for Bitcoin.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 07:17:39 PM

I am thinking about charity institutions that are accepting and receiving donations from different individuals and even companies. what if there are some individuals who actually donated cryptocurrencies, particularly bitcoin to them which i believed there are. If the management are knowledgeable enough in cryptocurrency and in how to benefit best at it, I believe they will hodl. 

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:14:28 AM

have you ever asked if some companies are seriously investing in Cryptos and still not talking about it?

Of course. It's bad business to announce your investments while you're still accumulating. Check out this article from 2017:

Fidelity CEO Abby Johnson surprised a tech conference this spring by revealing the brokerage giant didn’t just study cryptocurrency. It was also mining the digital assets—and making money while doing so.

It turns out Fidelity has been at this for three years, using its own computers to harvest the digital currencies bitcoin and Ethereum, which today trade for around $4,300 and $300 respectively.

Fidelity’s mining operations aren’t the only way the company is gaining insights into cryptocurrency. This summer, the brokerage entered an arrangement with Coinbase, a popular San Francisco-based exchange, to let customers view the value of their digital currency alongside stocks and others assets on their Fidelity homepage. The Coinbase tie-up is a convenience for customers, but also lets Fidelity gain insight into how many how investors are interested in cryptocurrency.

http://fortune.com/2017/10/06/fidelity-bitcoin-ethereum/

Not only have they been mining for years without talking about it, but they're data mining their customers so they can gauge market sentiment. I'm sure there are other cases like this, like Wall Street firms spinning off startups and hedge funds to gain exposure.

Fidelity is reputable investment firm and from the news, Fidelity will involve in cryptocurrency bussiness and open custody. It getting more better for crypto community because more finance institution involve in cryptocurrency market and it will rising investor confident

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:01:27 AM

Not at all but institutions like the exchanges are surely holding Bitcoin as Bitcoin will be the main foundation of their business to survived in fact most huge dump were made by the exchanges before after Bitcoin price surged. Also i believed the bank institutions of JP Morgan are also holding it as they fully support crypto currency now.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:02:07 AM

Due to bitcoin decentralized nature many cooperation and organizations are now optioning for bitcoin and other cryptocurrency because it give the total freedom in doing transaction and on a fast and secured network, compared to what we use to have where there is high level of third party involvement.
Regular commercial enterprises do not need to hide their transactions. After all, they need to conduct business openly, regularly reading about their activities to the tax authorities and auditing. Therefore, anonymity in this regard, they do not need. High price volatility of cryptocurrency is a very serious obstacle for its use by business structures, so they are unlikely to be interested in accumulating Bitcoin and other decentralized cryptocurrency.
This can be done by government agencies that need to circumvent international sanctions, such as Russia, Venezuela, Iran and others. They can secretly buy themselves Bitcoin for these purposes.

Helpme_please

Activity: 633

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:38:26 AM

Of course. It's bad business to announce your investments while you're still accumulating. Check out this article from 2017:

Fidelity CEO Abby Johnson surprised a tech conference this spring by revealing the brokerage giant didn’t just study cryptocurrency. It was also mining the digital assets—and making money while doing so.

It turns out Fidelity has been at this for three years, using its own computers to harvest the digital currencies bitcoin and Ethereum, which today trade for around $4,300 and $300 respectively.

Fidelity’s mining operations aren’t the only way the company is gaining insights into cryptocurrency. This summer, the brokerage entered an arrangement with Coinbase, a popular San Francisco-based exchange, to let customers view the value of their digital currency alongside stocks and others assets on their Fidelity homepage. The Coinbase tie-up is a convenience for customers, but also lets Fidelity gain insight into how many how investors are interested in cryptocurrency.

Not only have they been mining for years without talking about it, but they're data mining their customers so they can gauge market sentiment. I'm sure there are other cases like this, like Wall Street firms spinning off startups and hedge funds to gain exposure.

Fidelity is reputable investment firm and from the news, Fidelity will involve in cryptocurrency bussiness and open custody. It getting more better for crypto community because more finance institution involve in cryptocurrency market and it will rising investor confident
and now fidelity on final testing, i think this is be good news for cryptocurrency investors and community.maybe people dont care anymore with BAKKT if fidelity already launched their trading.but personally i hope BAKKT and fidelity could launched in same time.so it could very very good knows for us.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:39:24 AM

and now fidelity on final testing, i think this is be good news for cryptocurrency investors and community.maybe people dont care anymore with BAKKT if fidelity already launched their trading.but personally i hope BAKKT and fidelity could launched in same time.so it could very very good knows for us.
but with bearish prices like today, investors can fade fidelity. therefore it requires a fresh boost of positive news about cryptocurrency. and bakkt gives hope for many investors to enter the market

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:57:42 AM

it could be, they with large funds buy bitcoin and save it for the long term, for the purpose of mutual profit in an institution.
CoinJanitor

Activity: 300
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 08:51:48 AM

More and more institutions will start doing this and that reduces the truly available supply in the market. I also think that many governments will hold some bitcoin as part of their national reserves.

▇ ▇ ▇▇────────CoinJanitor────────▇▇ ▇ ▇
Join the Janitor. Restoring Lost Value to Cryptocurrency.
https://www.coinjanitor.io/
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:16:30 AM

It might be bullish for the price, but it's fundamentally bad. We see the downfalls of third party custody all the time as exchanges get hacked and customers get screwed out of their coins. Years ago it was Mt Gox and Cryptsy, yesterday it was Cryptopia and Quadriga CX. On a long enough timeline, every exchange gets hacked or embezzled from.

As companies like Fidelity enter the fray, they too will eventually get hacked and screw over their customers. It might add a whole new scale to these types of losses too. It just goes against the whole idea of Bitcoin (being your own bank).

bitmedia

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

BitMedia.IO

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 11:59:27 AM

I think they sold it first Smiley

BitMedia IO - Serving Bitcoin Ads of the highest quality to more than 1500 advertisers!
Pay with BTC, ETH or USD, choose the most sensitive targeting settings and increase your ROI!
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:34:07 PM

maybe, because we don't know for sure whether an institution has bitcoin on their online wallet? it cannot be traced with certainty.
especially for countries that have not made regulations and oversight of the ownership and use of bitcoin in their countries.
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:06:34 PM

I am sure that there are financial institutions and goverments that secretly hold bitcoins. They are now aware to its value so they will not waste that opportunity to make more profit. There are many rumors all over the internet that powerful countries like China, Russia and U.S.A are holding bitcoins.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:05:29 PM

As companies like Fidelity enter the fray, they too will eventually get hacked and screw over their customers. It might add a whole new scale to these types of losses too.
I'm pretty certain that when Fidelity gets hacked, the coins will be deemed near worthless in an instant. It's a whole new level of hacks, and one that's not nearly as similar to what happens when a crypto exchange gets hacked. Every entity associated with these coins, doesn't matter how, will be blacklisted and prosecuted. In other words, more coins off the market.

It just goes against the whole idea of Bitcoin (being your own bank).
It may look like that for people here, but average joes and large scale investors don't care about decentralization and being their own bank. They just want the exposure that Bitcoin offers. On top of that, they are way better off having a legacy entity function as custodian. If you don't know how to securely store your coins, don't, and for that reason people will always use these services.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:12:30 PM

Not at all but institutions like the exchanges are surely holding Bitcoin as Bitcoin will be the main foundation of their business to survived in fact most huge dump were made by the exchanges before after Bitcoin price surged. Also i believed the bank institutions of JP Morgan are also holding it as they fully support crypto currency now.
They secretly hold some bitcoins because they see great potential on this technology and I think they know the future of bitcoin. But some institution are proudly holding bitcoin so they can encourage more investors to buy bitcoin also, this is good for a small investors as the price will pump.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 03:01:35 PM

As companies like Fidelity enter the fray, they too will eventually get hacked and screw over their customers. It might add a whole new scale to these types of losses too.
I'm pretty certain that when Fidelity gets hacked, the coins will be deemed near worthless in an instant. It's a whole new level of hacks, and one that's not nearly as similar to what happens when a crypto exchange gets hacked. Every entity associated with these coins, doesn't matter how, will be blacklisted and prosecuted. In other words, more coins off the market

Could you explain how they will be "deemed near worthless in an instant"?

The thieves could and most certainly would use mixing services, so if these coins will be deemed worthless, it will be similar to an epidemic (like it happens in zombie movies) with the whole Bitcoin blockchain instantly rendered useless and worthless. In practice, though, it would likely mean backrolling it. That would obviously undermine the value of Bitcoin on its own, and that's why we need to make some transactions reversible (at least for some time until confirmed by the payee) as then we wouldn't need to roll back the whole blockchain

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:32:22 PM

Could you explain how they will be "deemed near worthless in an instant"?

The thieves could and most certainly would use mixing services, so if these coins will be deemed worthless, it will be similar to an epidemic (like it happens in zombie movies) with the whole Bitcoin blockchain instantly rendered useless and worthless. In practice, though, it would likely mean backrolling it. That would obviously undermine the value of Bitcoin on its own, and that's why we need to make some transactions reversible (at least for some time until confirmed by the payee) as then we wouldn't need to roll back the whole blockchain

It's not as easy as it was years ago to mix coins and get away with it. I'm pretty certain that there will be enough regulatory pressure behind it to have every entity (e.g. exchanges, payment gateways, wallets, etc) accepting these coins be held responsible one way or another, unless they immediately freeze and report the coins and the accounts connected to them.

Mixing looks like a very interesting option in this case, but what mixer will openly accept these coins knowing that they are being given out to people like you and me? It would certainly be reason enough for people to stop using mixers, and all sorts of agencies to dig in a little deeper. It could very well be one of the reasons Bitmixer ended up throwing in the towel.

With less and less places to spend/utilize these coins, there really isn't all that much value left.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: