Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Institutions secretly HODL Bitcoin?  (Read 2469 times)
Akagum
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

SIGMA by HYDRA X

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:47:20 PM

I am very sure that so many companies are holding Cryptocurrency ,they are buying and stocking up .
They do not even make noise about it.
Secondly,, NASDAQ coming into the Cryptocurrency market is a welcomed development ....as it would increase adoption rate significantly.
The growth of Cryptocurrency would always be exponential.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:53:11 PM

I am very sure that so many companies are holding Cryptocurrency ,they are buying and stocking up .
Secondly,, NASDAQ coming into the Cryptocurrency market is a welcomed development ....as it would increase adoption rate significantly.

I am of this opinion as well.
I believe that they take advantage of the anonymity of the networks that exist in the blockchain industry. When the time that the bitcoin price will go in all-time high there will be many corporations that will start declaring that they are in favor of cryptocurrencies.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:57:41 PM

Buying in without any major market movement will have one believe they are not involved. However, these Institutions have their stakes in bitcoin already. No one will come out open and say they are in just to keep on the price below and accumulate more.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:09:43 PM

The big holders and the investor are still in this crypto market,and they continue their competition every day.in fact we operate bitcoin value therefore, Bitcoin value can return every time to fare.
So i think Any action that should be excited is not going to go,then it will not be a good side.Keep pace with the better for the crypto market,and keep we are like anything trade,invest,hold as you choice.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:55:21 AM

This would be true that everything would be done silently as even they know that it is the future and if one has to take benefit of it then they will need to hold it. Also they do not let know anyone about it and would be doing secretly and holding a huge qty of different coins I think so.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:23:39 AM

Due to ETF, many big institutions are silently holding for the long term because already many companies start holding the Bitcoin in the market. We can able to see them in blockchain but we don't know exactly who is holding because they will distribute the coins to the different address.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:44:59 AM

Do you mean government institutions?Sure,they often confiscate large amounts of bitcoins from some criminals and sell them using auctions.Do I think that they secretly buy large amounts of crypto?No way.
If the governments ever start buying btc,the price will skyrocket pretty fast.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 07:13:06 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 08:22:01 AM by deisik

Do you mean government institutions?Sure,they often confiscate large amounts of bitcoins from some criminals and sell them using auctions.Do I think that they secretly buy large amounts of crypto?No way.
If the governments ever start buying btc,the price will skyrocket pretty fast

The FBI is known to have been holding large amounts of confiscated coins and then auctioning them off (as you said). And some of their agents had even been caught while trying to steal a few coins now and then, and probably many more got away with that (so much for Bitcoin not having any real value, huh). But I agree, there is no motive for governments to buy bitcoins apart from small amounts for sting operations and that kind of thing (just like they are buying drugs, firearms, etc). Rumors that, say, Russia is going to buy 10B dollar worth of bitcoins next month (or whatever) are likely meant to boost prices and interest but nothing beyond that

Though I'm not sure if it helps

laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:52:02 AM

I think many people have already held bitcoin especially now the decline of bitcoin itself is also quite large so it's likely that many people have already held bitcoin to be able to get profits later
Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:49:50 PM

This would be true that everything would be done silently as even they know that it is the future and if one has to take benefit of it then they will need to hold it. Also they do not let know anyone about it and would be doing secretly and holding a huge qty of different coins I think so.

If it's like this, then what is the main reason for them doing that?
shouldn't it be if they really support crypto, of course they don't need to keep it a secret?

]
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:03:46 PM

I think many people have already held bitcoin especially now the decline of bitcoin itself is also quite large so it's likely that many people have already held bitcoin to be able to get profits later
Op is talking about institutional investors and not we the hodl.  He is refer to big and international financial institutions like banks and big hedge fund companies. I strongly believe that big financial institutions are holding bitcoin but in secret.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 09:05:54 PM

have you ever asked if some companies are seriously investing in Cryptos and still not talking about it?
They way crypto platform for Institutional client is been developed by the day is become an eye opener that there is serious interest
by companies but I guess anonymity is prefered

Huobi Launches a trading platform for institution https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/huobi-crypto-exchange-to-launch-institutional-trading-to-a-limited-group/

So do you think companies like NASDAQ is good for the market https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-27/nasdaq-is-said-to-pursue-bitcoin-futures-despite-plunging-prices

SO do you think Bitcoin will be the future all sometimes fade away?

Huobi MENA: www.huobimena.com
telegram: https://t.me/HBMENA

I don't think most of the Bitcoin in circulation are owned by only individual as there are so many institution that own a huge number of Bitcoin and other crypto currency and they not to announce it to that public on how much worth of crypto currency they are holding.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:25:54 PM

Op is talking about institutional investors and not we the hodl.  He is refer to big and international financial institutions like banks and big hedge fund companies. I strongly believe that big financial institutions are holding bitcoin but in secret.
The need for bitcoin as well as the growth of bitcoin is analyzed by a large set of institutions. When common man has understood about its need, these large scale firms were also much aware about it. Predicting the growth surely large scale firms have hidden investments on bitcoin which is true.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:14:22 PM

The truth remain that we have several whales  individuals and organisation  in the CRYPTO space that have invested  in BTC and are waiting for an increase in the adoption rate before they can use BTC as a currency and for transaction.
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:40:18 PM

Yeah. I read an article on one website which stated that even though we might be in bear market, last year was one of the year which saw a very great adoption of the use of cryptocurrencies especially Bitcoin. But the reason why we don't see it reflecting on exchanges is because they purchase from OTCs not on exchange sites.

mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:55:05 PM

I only think positively about the institution, if the institution is quietly the holder of a large number of Bitcoins, I think that is a good thing, because more and more people will buy Bitcoin, the faster the price of Bitcoin will rise again.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:30:51 PM

I only think positively about the institution, if the institution is quietly the holder of a large number of Bitcoins, I think that is a good thing, because more and more people will buy Bitcoin, the faster the price of Bitcoin will rise again.
We came into strong anonymity and we can certainly hold a huge amount of BTC untraceable to the others. If they are holding of that huge amount  just be sure that they'll holding it for good and not for illegal activities. And I'm afraid also that they'll could be the target of hackers.
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 08:15:23 AM

We came into strong anonymity and we can certainly hold a huge amount of BTC untraceable to the others. If they are holding of that huge amount  just be sure that they'll holding it for good and not for illegal activities. And I'm afraid also that they'll could be the target of hackers.
not for illegal activities will certainly be healthy growth for bitcoin. therefore even though there are institutions that hold a large number of btc, of course this is not a problem as long as it is used for positive activities, thus making the btc circulation healthy too, so that more and more governments will legalize it

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:01:50 AM

It is very possible for an institution to hold a large amount of hold. because bitcoin is currently experiencing a deep decline I think many people take the opportunity to buy bitcoin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:53:35 PM

It is very possible for an institution to hold a large amount of hold. because bitcoin is currently experiencing a deep decline I think many people take the opportunity to buy bitcoin
fo investment institution like JP Morgan and othere finance firm , i am sure most of them holding bitcoin now in their portofolio.this is best chance for them to earn money if they able to spread positive news in market now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: