Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:42:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short-term or long-term investment?  (Read 853 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 06:46:03 PM

If you are a good trader, with the current market conditions i guess you can try a short term investment, if not it's better to invest for long term. Both scenarios present risks but for me ( i am not a good day trader ) the long term investment feels a bit more secure even though i am aware that the coins i have can fall in a glimpse.
Short term trading is headache for inexperienced trader and mastering day trading is not easy in first year. Long term investing requires emotional control of yourself and minding your own business. Smart money flows to potential projects but not all projects are able to take this advantage.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:02:46 PM

The crypto market is looking dull for the past one year. I guess you have to set expectation to hold the coins for the long term. But it is a good time to get in the market now. Good choice.
clipto

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:11:13 PM

You should definitely know how to trade and how to analyse the market, because if you look at statics 90 percent of short term traders are facing huge difficulties in making profits, because the market is still very unpredictable.
BanaCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:40:31 PM

considering  the state of the current market , so ought to divide the money into tow . one in short term porfolio and the other in long term for more profits
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:59:08 PM

I prefer long-term investments. I study and invest in projects that, in my opinion, will become very strong in a few years.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:07:22 PM

I believe that the long term investment is not something wise to do in this days unless you are too rich. (If i am too rich now i would buy milllions $ of ETH for sure, because its price already lost too much) Trading is the best option today. If possible and if you know how to do it ofcourse, you should trade daily just like i am trying to do in this days.
Groucho

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:31:28 PM

Hopefully you haven't lost money in this market and caught with the cost dollar averaging mentality you are best to wait for run-ups and technical analysis definitely has a part to play and it really does even if the market is highly manipulated you work with the trend. You should practice TA have stops in place only invest small amounts of your $2000 the market isn't going anywhere any gains on your chosen coins will be for the short term. Take profits at 10, 15 and if lucky enough 20 percent. Long-term this bear market is expected to last if BTC stays above $3000 to November 2019 at least or longer don't be in a hurry to invest the full $2000!  
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:58:47 PM

The crypto market is looking dull for the past one year. I guess you have to set expectation to hold the coins for the long term. But it is a good time to get in the market now. Good choice.
Get in the market now and hold, it will be profitable especially for the newbies. Short term trading is risky, so you have to be ready for that while trading for long is more reliable for a busy person like me. Patience will work always so learn to have that.
TKarollah

Activity: 560

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:08:17 PM

Get in the market now and hold, it will be profitable especially for the newbies. Short term trading is risky, so you have to be ready for that while trading for long is more reliable for a busy person like me. Patience will work always so learn to have that.
it looks boring, especially if you have waited a long time but Crypto is still red, but you cannot just give up, because later the market will recover.
when the price drops, it can be used to buy a lot of Altcoin, because it uses that moment well and doesn't need to panic. Short-term or long-term investments are all at risk, so in my opinion do both if you have a good strategy and if you also have courage.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
reynald70

Activity: 598

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:35:54 PM

I prefer long-term investments. I study and invest in projects that, in my opinion, will become very strong in a few years.
Yes, I also like to invest in the long term, because investing with the best choice of coins will surely give us peace when we invest in them, because this Cryptocurrency is a valuable asset for the future. I am very addicted to investing, because when that Bitcoin rose very sharply. Hopefully the Bitcoin price will rise again as soon as possible.
rosebrand

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:50:58 PM

basically the two methods will be able to provide you with profits, all depending on the coins and the strategies you choose to do. just clever you in making decisions to use short-term and long-term strategies.

My advice should be to use both of these strategies with the capital you have, look for coins that have the potential for large increases in the future as long-term investments and coins that have a fast movement for your short-term investment, so that the profits earned will be more big.

UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:55:31 PM

I am 100% in the long-term investment camp I do not have the time to invest in watching a trading screen for 10 hours a day and essentially playing Hi/Lo with my funds. If you have the patience then the long game is far less stressful and also less prone to errors and losses. You need to be disciplined however and stick to targets when it comes time to sell, or watch for problems to guard from losses.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:58:24 PM

I want to invest with $ 2000, and I will choose 5 altcoins. Maybe one of them is Cardano. Is the short term more likely to gain profit or vice versa with the long term? Thank you.
In this market condition, I would rather do short trades than long trades. Hodling for a long time does not guarantee that you will earn a lot. I would rather target to earn 1% per day that think of earning 15% after a month of hodling your bought coin. Price of coins nowadays is just moving sideways. Price may jump a bit but not enough to make you want to sell right away, so just focus on hitting small profit. Its better than nothing.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:47:13 AM

I want to invest with $ 2000, and I will choose 5 altcoins. Maybe one of them is Cardano. Is the short term more likely to gain profit or vice versa with the long term? Thank you.

It's hard to make a short term profit because the market is slowing and going down, if you trust the future of the market, then go for long term go for coins that are proven to make a profit for holders like the top coins in the top 10, you are sure to win by picking them.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:02:48 AM

If you want to invest in altcoins then you must be prepared to make a long-term investment. Altcoin prices usually move for a long period of time so that short-term investments are not suitable. cardano is one of the good coins, ranking 12 in the coinmarketcap is an illustration that cardano has received good support from the public. Don't hesitate to invest and make sure that you join the community that deals with the coin so that you will know the direction of the coin cardano movement better.
akeda

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:27:47 AM

Both long-term and short-term investments certainly have their own strengths or advantages, for long-term investments it will be better to invest in bitcoin, you will get good profits in the future, for short-term investments you can invest in altcoin, choose a good altcoin made an investment, of course the results are not as maximal as a long-term investment but still you will get a profit, but remember any investment certainly has risks, and you must be prepared for these risks

Adhichan

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 01:28:50 AM

It's hard to make a short term profit because the market is slowing and going down, if you trust the future of the market, then go for long term go for coins that are proven to make a profit for holders like the top coins in the top 10, you are sure to win by picking them.
if we able picking up potential coins in market that has low price , we could take profit in short term.just play buy and sell in few days and we will make profits.but we need to understand technical analisys that used to identify best level to entry and exit from market.
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 09:05:12 AM

I'm not sure that the short term will be able to give satisfactory results for this period. many investors seek safe if taken care of for the long term because the value of the crypto movement is difficult to guess. Cardano is a good coin and with long term is more promising.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 09:15:31 AM

For me, I would like to buy the ETH for my long-term investment, anyway, I don't trust any new coins in the market, there are  many new project and new coins listing in the exchange, but I don't it better than ETH or more.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 09:45:58 AM

For short-term investments you need a lot of experience in trading. At the moment,you can earn in the long term and in the short term as the market is now at the bottom, in my opinion. In fact, now there are mysterious things in the market, coins jump in price by huge percent, it seems to me that the market is very speculative. But I still stick to long-term investment as for 10 years the market has shown its best and I think that this is not the end !

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: