Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any notice how "left" the politics was in last nights Super Bowl.  (Read 141 times)
acarli (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 09:29:31 PM

I watched the Super Bowl last night and was surprised at how "left" the advertisements were. Was it just me?
No offense to the lady's here, but I thought that this was a man's manly event. Here are the advertisements that made me shake my head.

Here are some examples:

(1) The Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness". Yea, this is a pro-democratic party add. Pa-lease. More beer and chips commercials, please. They also did another one with Tom Hanks. Seems like they are trying hard to regain trust.
https://deadline.com/2019/02/tom-hanks-to-narrate-super-bowl-ad-for-the-washington-post-and-journalisms-importance-1202548213/

(2) Uber rewards: A gay man trying to make it back to his lover in the rain. I'm cool with this, BUT it's the Super Bowl. Come on! Not relevant to the context isn't it?

(3) Google's "words can hurt and sometimes divide,"  campaign for the Google translator.

Anyone else has any examples?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:28:23 AM

The superbowl has a general audience.  It is an event watched by everyone not just "manly men" or even your typical NFL audience. 
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:34:50 PM

I did not watch it but I have no doubt it was stuffed with blatant and subliminal propaganda. I don't watch much of anything on TV or from mainstream sources because it is all ruined by their agenda.

Once you are redpilled enough to recognize what is going on you can't help but to notice it everywhere..
If you like TV, your favorite actors, singers, artists, athletes, or any other famous people you should go back while you still can because once you learn about it and become awake to it it is too late for you. When you understand it it ruins almost everything and their is no going back so think hard before you give up your blissful ignorance.
acarli (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 10:17:40 PM

I guess I am biased. The political climate has me taking seconds thoughts on pretty much everything public. I am looking for hidden meanings. It just seems like most of the media is political either directly or indirectly.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1215

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 03:48:27 AM

The superbowl has a general audience.  It is an event watched by everyone not just "manly men" or even your typical NFL audience. 
Superbowl is something you can consider to release a political ad and make the people be influenced and know your propaganda. Most of the audience of Superbowl NFL are the people with cash, influence, and power.

That uber rewards advertisement has a message and I think it has something to do with political agendas. It's about equality, sexism is something they would like to stop and offer to the people. Well yes, there's a big number of LGBT society and that's a great ad.

Democracy is something with a glitch. It's very tricky that you won't even know. There's no such thing as Democracy for me but it is just my personal opinion. Once you get there, (at the top) you will know what I mean about there's no democracy. It's all about incorporation, organizing, and benefits of each other. Conflicts are something you can consider as a problem as well.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 07:06:31 AM

The superbowl has a general audience.  It is an event watched by everyone not just "manly men" or even your typical NFL audience.  

Apologies to add to this post so late, but I had something to add here context wise (doing a job which does give some insight)

No doubt, I've done Uber (along w/ other ridesharing services) as a part time job for quite a while now - just to make a few extra bucks. Often times, I work during events such as the Super Bowl when I don't already have plans setup.

I can tell you, the amount of people going to Super Bowl events (whether at bars, or at others/friends houses, etc) who have no idea about football, and really don't care about it is astounding. I'd say about 80% of the people admitted to me they really didn't care about the game, but were only going to 1. Hang out w/ friends, and 2. See the half-time show.

It's honestly more of a target audience for the left than right IMO, since the people more likely to actually watch the ads & pay attention during half-time are not exactly the general football audience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: