Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:30:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized vs centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, which one is better?  (Read 1092 times)
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 02:27:05 PM

depending on my needs, I personally use CEX more. centralized exchange (CEX) I like more because it has a large trading volume and there are many choices of types of coins that can be traded. but sometimes only using DEX for a number of tokens that I got from bounty campaign, DEX is used because there is no official market for the token.
Yasya (OP)

Activity: 255

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:39:16 PM

How much does listing at Binance DEX cost?

Now the cost of issuing an asset is 1000 BNB, and its listing is 2000 BNB. Since each individual user is allowed to register up to 20 addresses in order to receive 200 BNBs in a test network for each of them. One account at the main exchange is enough to accumulate a sufficient number of tokens and perform the indicated actions independently.

To release assets, users should use the Binance Chain command line interface, where they can set parameters such as the name of the token, the amount of emission, the possibility of additional emission, as well as burn and freeze the tokens.

To list the issued asset, the user must enter the appropriate command and specify the cryptocurrency, then make a deposit of the required size and wait for the approval of the proposal by the validators.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:28:10 PM

Decentralized exchange is certainly much better than any centralized product. which you can meet on the market today, because today there are very big opportunities to manipulate prices through centralized services.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:56:33 PM

Today I prefer centralized cryptocurrency exchanges. Since there is no such dynamics and very often such exchanges offer their tokens which also grow in price.
/

Its not about in which you trade either it is centralized or decentralized, the problem with the centralized is it can be hacked anytime also your data's. where as decentralized system is open I am saying you that this is better think before investing because its your hardearned money. we also need to have a look on the development.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:20:56 PM

IMO, I believe that DEX is much better than centralized exchange because everyone can ensure that their identity can be safe cause they don't have to verify account on exchange to be able to trade on DEX while they have to do that on centralized exchange. But at the moment, number of DEX is too little and almost DEX are very terrible.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 03:31:41 PM

I prefer centralized exchange. because this type of exchange has a large trading volume. different from decentralization exchanges that rarely have large volumes.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 03:42:08 PM

I would say that it is important to have both.
Since each has its advantages and disadvantages, more options is always going to be better.
We as humans would ideally like to have one "best" service that we use.
But the reality is that a variety is always better.
And even having a lot of the same kind of thing is good to, because that competition pushes companies to have better products.

In the case of exchanges, I only use centralized when I need to do high volume trades.
Outside of that, I see no need for it.
Blockchain tech was meant to be peer to peer, so it fits the decentralized model nicely.
In fact, whenever possible, I just skip exchanges and just trade directly with someone.
I find buys through bitcointalk marketplace or sites like localbitcoins or localcoinswap.
I use an escrow to keep from being scammed.

xuv500

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:17:05 PM

Well, I personally think its up to the users few are comfortable with centralized and few are comfortable with decentralized but all we need to focus is on safety of our assets where I feel decentralized is safer than centralized because all your data's might be hacked oneday.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:43:27 PM

With decentralization, you yourself are the owner of your funds, and all responsibility lies with you. With centralization all the way around, while you have no guarantees. The choice is yours.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:56:01 PM

Decentralized exchanges are better because it obeys to the crypto's nature! But there is no crowd in Decentralized exchanges. All those centralized exchanges have huge volume but DEX has very low! Every year, big centralized exchanges have been hacking or scamming but still, people keep using it! The decentralized exchange is free and open for everyone to use, and there are no obstacles to trade, withdraw your assets. But in centralized, you have to go through a KYC procedure and therefore your money anytime can be hacked or compromised from the exchange. So, we need to move on to DEX and I hope within two years people will realize it and DEX will have good volume.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 12:01:53 AM

I prefer a centralized model, because I think an exchanger must be managed by an individual or a team, not the user himself.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 12:49:54 AM

I prefer centralized exchange. because this type of exchange has a large trading volume. different from decentralization exchanges that rarely have large volumes.
Centralized exchange site will always have the largest trade volume than decentralized because the government/senior regulators can meddling into exchange affairs and what the government want is to be able to control cryoto currency market. But, decentralized exchange are the exchange that protect the legacy of crypto currency birth.

johnleo

Activity: 1414

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:14:22 AM

I think currently centralized exchange is better then decentralized exchange because they already got the trust from crypto lovers and we already considered the top cex is the good one. DEX is new player in the crypto market and many new coin can be easily available in their market meanwhile to cex usually review  the new coin before available in their market.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:26:55 AM

As much as i know both cex and dex plays a significant role in the crypto market, but for now i would stick to the centralized exchange because some of them they have really gain much ground, and not every crypto enthusiast know how to operate dex by the way, between most cex have such cool and easy to use interface that suite both experience and inexperience traders, almost everyone in crypto community wants to see their token listed on Binance even though it's centralized exchange.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Yasya (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:00:22 PM

NEO plans to launch DEX

NEO co-founder Fabio Canesin at Neo DevCon 2019 announced the launch date for the Nash decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. Canesin and the rest of the Nash team are ready to submit to the community an application that includes all the features of the DEX.

Prior to the immediate launch, the NEO community was asked to test the software in order to identify all potential bugs and vulnerabilities. According to sources, the launch of the beta version of Nash is scheduled for March 31.

According to the team, the Nash exchange is designed to eliminate all the problems of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges. In this case, Nash is not a simple DEX. Canesin himself describes it as a "financial platform for the economy of the future."
Yasya (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:37:46 PM

Switcheo decentralized cryptocurrency exchange launches its own over-the-counter platform

The project promises that the use of its existing smart contracts on the Ethereum and NEO blockchains will allow users to carry out transactions without counterparty risks and with extremely low commissions. The public beta test of Switcheo OTC starts on March 4th.

To attract traders to the new OTC platform, Switcheo will provide an opportunity for commission-free trading during the first month. In the future, users will be able to use SWTH tokens to get discounts on commissions.

Initially, Switcheo OTC will support a limited set of tokens and will not allow the exchange of assets issued on different blockchains. After upgrading the NEO V3 to the OTC platform, all compatible ERC20 and NEP5 tokens will be issued, including even those that are not in the main order book.
raptorez

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 02:41:10 PM

For some reason, it is considered that today there is a very large number of possible manipulations in a centralized space. But today, there are methods of struggle for this. It is for this purpose that the choice is made in favor of centralization.
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 03:14:02 PM

The only reason why the centralized exchanges are already existing is dex are in their early stages now. Their UI not user friendly, no proper knowledge to users and the users using them are very low. The privacy issues and security issues are enough for centralized exchanges to be dumped for good.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

tokenrecord

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 10:20:11 AM

Will Mt.Gox relaunch?

Everybody is aware of the history of Mt.Gox cryptocurrency exchange. Nowadays Brok Pierce is running a project Gox Rising. The aim of the project is to relaunch the cryptocurrency exchange and to pay damages to the creditors. So the main points of Gox Rising are:

• Restore brand of the cryptocurrency exchange
  • Get domain
  • Make all payments and the entire financial structure of the exchange transparent. Pay not at the rate of $ 400 for Bitcoin how it was set by the court but at the rate of the current situation
  • If there is no money left, then past creditors will receive income from the future operation of the exchange, and thus debts will be repaid.

Also, Brok Pierce claims he bought 12% of McCaleb's share, although this is nowhere confirmed.

Such a case can create a positive influence on the future of the crypto world and restore the confidence to cryptocurrency.

But can the project be implemented? What do you think?

Thanks for the info. I merit this post.
Yasya (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:16:19 PM

Will Mt.Gox relaunch?

Everybody is aware of the history of Mt.Gox cryptocurrency exchange. Nowadays Brok Pierce is running a project Gox Rising. The aim of the project is to relaunch the cryptocurrency exchange and to pay damages to the creditors. So the main points of Gox Rising are:

• Restore brand of the cryptocurrency exchange
  • Get domain
  • Make all payments and the entire financial structure of the exchange transparent. Pay not at the rate of $ 400 for Bitcoin how it was set by the court but at the rate of the current situation
  • If there is no money left, then past creditors will receive income from the future operation of the exchange, and thus debts will be repaid.

Also, Brok Pierce claims he bought 12% of McCaleb's share, although this is nowhere confirmed.

Such a case can create a positive influence on the future of the crypto world and restore the confidence to cryptocurrency.

But can the project be implemented? What do you think?

Thanks for the info. I merit this post.

Thanks a lot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: