Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Of KYC Pattern  (Read 18783 times)
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:58:53 AM

There have been so much issues arising from bounty hunters doing kyc. So many bounty hunters are against it. Also looking at what kyc means, it means know your customer and bounty hunters are not customers.

So my thought is this: if there must be kyc , it should be done before the start of the bounty. If you pass the kyc, you start the bounty but if you fail, you just leave it and look for some other promising bounty.

What do you think about this?

im agree, if some bounty program want to kyc their participant, it must be at the start of the program, not after the program finished.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:58:04 AM

Well im agree with your opinion. If there is KYC requirment for bounty hunters it should in the beginning of bounty. So there is no bounty hunter will suffer if they not pay from project. It also reduce the participant of bounties. Only serious bounty hunters will acceptable and work hard for his/her reward.

maman567

Activity: 648
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:09:10 AM

Best solution how to know many people use multi account for joining bounty or airdrop project, hope almost of ICO will use KYC procedure for keep away their project from bounty campaign participants use multi account at the future.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:12:32 AM

There have been so much issues arising from bounty hunters doing kyc. So many bounty hunters are against it. Also looking at what kyc means, it means know your customer and bounty hunters are not customers.
The term "customer" was used to generally represent all the people who used their coin. Since the bounty hunters work to advertise them for exchange of their coin, then technically speaking, they are customers also Smiley.

Anyway, if I will based to what've you've said then I may say that it sucks simply because it is not unnecessary somehow because of knowing the fact that bounty hunters are only up to pumping and dumping and not totally using the actual platform. Well, I'm not yet fully knowledgeable regarding this issue because I don't have any experience joining bounty campaigns 'til now (actually, I refused to) so who am I to speak Grin. That was just my perception.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:08:09 PM

And what exactly is proposed to change, I did not understand. I see that today, in general, the KYC procedure does not work at all. I can explain why, because many people do not use their real documents.
Fumzy

Activity: 255
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:19:18 PM

So my thought is this: if there must be kyc , it should be done before the start of the bounty. If you pass the kyc, you start the bounty but if you fail, you just leave it and look for some other promising bounty.

This is not really a bad idea, at least this way, a hunter can choose whether or not to participate. Instead of giving us kyc headaches half way through the end of the bounty
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:21:08 PM

If I should add my contribution on this, since bounty hunters are not customers as we know it already, then kyc should be left for when hunters want the coins to their wallet. That is at the end of the bounty. This will make the hunters to be genuine in the information they want to provide because they know they could forfeit it if they are not honest but the risk is that, the icos and the cm need to also be honest.
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:22:13 PM

I think your idea is really good. So it should always run when kyc is required. This is the only way bounty hunters can be sure that they will be paid, according to the bounty campaign.
jozymens7

Activity: 392

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 09:44:12 PM

I really agree with this process because investors undergo kyc before the are asked to invest but why do they allow us to finish with promotional activities.
Even if they don't want cheaters, it can be made in way like videos calling instead of producing documents like passport and drivers' license.

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:27:54 AM

Yeah,  bounty hunters is their supporters, not their costumers. Maybe it is wrong to call it 'Know your customers'.
It should be 'Know your holders', so they can know all of their token holders.
If hunters want to stay anonymous, i think they can search for another campaign.

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:39:32 AM

I completely agree.  Bounty companies change the rules at their discretion.  Although KYC should be initially, and not later when you have already spent your time at work.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:20:15 AM

I strongly agree with you that KYC must start from the beginning of the campaign. And if they don't pass KYC they certainly can't take part in the campaign. But so far what has happened is that a lot of KYC is done at the end of the ICO. And those who don't pass don't get tokens, so the work so far has only been in vain.
ottogary

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:46:00 AM

I think that would be bad thing to perform KCY before we've done a project, cause it could be used by someone to collect as much personal data as possible  for their own benefit.
Cause i think the idea why bounty hunter doesn't like doing a kyc is that they had to provide their personal data to get what they deserve.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:15:10 AM

You have a point in that things dudes. Although, there are some bounty campaigns they already announced if there is a KYC for the bounty hunters, but sometimes there are campaigns after passing the KYC of the bounty hunters to get their rewards, in the end they also didn't claim their rewards, which is therefore they stole the information of their bounty participants. Of course, they will get disappointed and get mad in it.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:24:42 AM

That's fair enough, but usually there are so much mess in ICO plans and structure, that when they begin to talk about KYC procedure, it's too late. And nobody cares about bounty hunters as we know  Cry

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:35:07 AM

I do not agree to this. It is a very risky move. What happens if the ICO failed to raise the funds needed to move forward? What is going to happen to your personal information?

Another thing is that it also requires resources to verify participant thru KYC, teams usually prefer to spend their resources on marketing.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:36:19 AM

It's might be better to join bounty with their tokens escrowed, it will give you a assurance that you will not get scammed, sometimes they will add KYC at the end of the campaign even it was stated before that there will be no KYC, i hope escrowed bounty will become a thing to gain bounty hunters trust.
AzamNurWahid

Activity: 658
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:42:23 AM

some time ago I joined a bounty that required participants to do KYC, and in my opinion it was fine and I did see many participants who did not pass KYC but if they read well and followed each stage then I am sure it was very easy to pass KYC

siena23

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 11:09:36 AM

I don't think it should be like that, for me to say at the beginning that bounty participants need KYC, that is enough. But there are still those who are beginning to say that they don't need KYC but ultimately need KYC, I think that this is not fair. So many participants are angry because there are those who do not have an ID card or Passport.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Prettymie

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 11:22:44 AM

A bounty with a KYC requirement will eliminate those bounty hunters that having multiple accounts and thus, increase the reward of those legit participants. Anyway KYC nowadays is already a must. If you want to join on those bigger project then expect to prepare your documents for the KYC but be careful in choosing those many ICO's as we can't be sure about their safety of our documents.
I prefer to do my KYC after the bounty campaign when the project has successfully collected their funds to proceed with their next milestones. Which I think this is much advantage than doing in the start of the bounty as you might have some issues that will make you decide to leave the bounty and your KYC will be a waste.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: