Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:38:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 Series Full and Mini Modded Efudd NO-DEV FEE 100% - Individual Clocking  (Read 2046 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:26:59 AM

lol.

You are hopeless sir, completely hopeless.

Here's a bone for you; the version you have will actually run on a Mini, however it will try to initialize as a large. After a couple of retry conditions it will successfully bring a mini up, but data outputs such as fan speed and temperature will either be unreliable or not respond at all. Second, there are certain error conditions where the Z9 firmware running on a Mini will fail completely even after a successful start due to the ASIC count being off by 12 per chain.

Good luck with your endeavors.

-j
The issue with it dropping on a mini is the detection of errors will look for 8 of 16 asics and a 4 count is too little or fan/tmp. That is at least from my playing that is what I have come up with.

That edit you just made to your response to add what I left quoted is a perfect example of why you are hopeless... I *LITERALLY* told you that in my response when I said "... ASIC count being off by 12 per chain". ... and that is NOT the reason why fan/temp won't work properly.

... on first start up, it will retry 3 times, not have the proper count, but continue on anyway (factory behaviour). I said this when I said "... after a couple of retry conditions...".

The problem is *PAST* that case, after things are running, even if fan/temp are not presenting properly, there are additional failure conditions that will terminate cgminer and restart the whole process in a longer loop.

There are very good reasons why I did not "unify" the firmware so one could run on both models...

*sigh*.

"Honey, I can't go to bed yet, someone is wrong on the Internet!"

-j

Let me rephrase it, Some of the conditions are because the asic count and others conditions are fan/tmp related, that I knew even with factory firmware. I guess should have said I agree with you rather then spell it out.

That problem can be fixed with code from a mini version of cgminer or by extracting the equihash ProgPow and whatever else is needed for the z9 and mini then recompiling a new version with the auto-tune and nicehash fixes that have been implemented in other versions of cgminer

I guess if you think I am so hopeless, you dont have nothing to worry about on future releases then or getting a mini to run correct dev free.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:28:37 AM

LOL.

good luck.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 05:56:34 AM

Updated with directions for use on the Z9 Minis

efudd

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 01:45:02 PM

Lol, so yoUr new instructions are exactly what I said would happen. You are missing at least two things. First, you are really just running the Z9 image and the extra starting time is due to the failure loop not being able to initialize all of the ASICs since they physically don’t exist (chip coins is wrong.. lol).

Second in that scenario even though it will eventually “give up” and start anyway, it will also “give up” and stop again in the future. Go read the cgminer source to figure out why.. that part is in the stock code at least.

Ah, the third thing is you have missed redirecting two other dev pools embedded in that image. So you probably should find those before advertising this out to folk.

But hey, if that is how you want the community to remember your fourth release, all good.

Lastly, I owe documentation to google legal. Thank you for reminding me.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 04:56:00 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2019, 09:23:51 PM by chipless

Lol, so yoUr new instructions are exactly what I said would happen. You are missing at least two things. First, you are really just running the Z9 image and the extra starting time is due to the failure loop not being able to initialize all of the ASICs since they physically don’t exist (chip coins is wrong.. lol).

Second in that scenario even though it will eventually “give up” and start anyway, it will also “give up” and stop again in the future. Go read the cgminer source to figure out why.. that part is in the stock code at least.

Ah, the third thing is you have missed redirecting two other dev pools embedded in that image. So you probably should find those before advertising this out to folk.

But hey, if that is how you want the community to remember your fourth release, all good.

Lastly, I owe documentation to google legal. Thank you for reminding me.

-j

It hasn't mined a dev pool since I modded and started using it in January... There is no pool redirected in the host file only your api server. The other two I know whats wrong just don't have time yet to fix it. As far as restarting after it is running, that hasn't happened at all. Who cares how many releases I put out as long as each has something new. How many have you put out? At least 6 versions.

The only releases I have put out are 1 for batch 2 factory, 1 for all batches mini with updated web gui, and 1 for the fullsize with overclocking expanded. Then this which is modded of yours. Others have also been using the full on the mini for a few months with no problems. There will also be an update version again as soon as I get the time to do some more with it.

dohckiller

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:57:37 PM

is this firmware working as today? sorry for reviving the thread.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 11:54:53 PM

Yes it is working just fine

efudd

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 01:07:57 AM

Yes it is working just fine

The best indication of your product is to provide someone mine. I thank you!

I also thank you for conveying the confidence you have in your own product and abilities.

-j

patriotminer76

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 07:56:13 PM

does this firmware allow a 4th hash board?  I was told this is possible with the mini.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: