Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☛ Signature Bounty & Merit System  (Read 18751 times)
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:32:12 PM

What if, all account will start at zero level or newbie rank or zero merit count. For that, we will see who can post a comment that is worthy of merit. So that we can see who have a sense of humor posting in different section, and it will be a challenge beyond their expertise. What do you think?
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:34:11 PM

More than a year ago Merit System was integrated to Bitcointalk forum to make forum messages more informative and quality (or should make it)
That is the question\idea: Why Bounty campaign starters/managers don't use that?
For example it would be an additional bonus for Signature Bounty participants if their message will be merited. It will confirm (in ideal) that the message will be detaily read and estimated and signature will be noticed for sure.

I tried to do this when I participated in translation campaigns. Like, after I successfully completed a translation I asked the managers to merit me because that would help me a lot but.... they seemed to not care. I don't even know how the merit system is doing any good in the forum.

Every bounty manager applies a different system in giving gifts. The merit system will be strange if it is associated with a translation campaign. It is very clear that the merit system in the forum aims to build good post quality.
Definitely, but the high ranked account has a advantage even if they don't have a good post from the past. Because they already got the high merit/smerit and send them to their alternate account.
uralcryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:59:27 PM

What if, all account will start at zero level or newbie rank or zero merit count. For that, we will see who can post a comment that is worthy of merit. So that we can see who have a sense of humor posting in different section, and it will be a challenge beyond their expertise. What do you think?

It's at least interesting. But scarcely can be realized. And it's not fair to elder BTT users that registered in the beginning when practically nobody believed in cryptocurrency.

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:07:57 PM

More than a year ago Merit System was integrated to Bitcointalk forum to make forum messages more informative and quality (or should make it)
That is the question\idea: Why Bounty campaign starters/managers don't use that?
For example it would be an additional bonus for Signature Bounty participants if their message will be merited. It will confirm (in ideal) that the message will be detaily read and estimated and signature will be noticed for sure.
There are many merit hunters that are spend a lot of time by earning merit. Maybe it is more fair for these participants. But I have seen many merited members that are posting low quality comments.

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:23:30 PM

It's at least interesting. But scarcely can be realized. And it's not fair to elder BTT users that registered in the beginning when practically nobody believed in cryptocurrency.
Lol, I think its bit become an off-topic discussion and if still continues it won't discuss signature campaign (with merited posts) but merit system itself.

Well, as far as I know there is some signature campaign (BTC/XRP/LTC payments) was adopt it to give bonus payment to participants who got merit on their post.
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:28:35 PM

I think it was a good idea, but it didn't work out. I think that also with rewards, the administrators of this forum have overdone it, as really it has become boon for the enterprising people.

Litzki1990

Activity: 1218
Merit: 302

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 11:45:17 PM

That is good idea if the manager would do that it could help the quality of their post are being meaningful in order to get merit, it is hard to get at this time i will grab if there is an opportunity of earning merits in signature campaign.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:52:30 PM

You must be new here Smiley Internet and forums I mean. Such systems never work the way they were planned to work. Every such idea meets the reality and fails inevitably because of human nature. Try gaining 10 merits by your own, without paying anybody and you will see how hard is that Smiley Everybody understands that there is no use of granting you merit if they know they can sell it.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:13:56 AM

This is a really good idea, with that rules I'm sure that everyone will be racing to create a good quality post instead of just making some trash comment or just simply spamming.
Globen
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:52:49 AM

The idea is beautiful, going this way , will make bounty hunters search and read more, thereby making them loaded with information that will be very useful to the forum. It will motivate them to make more quality post because they know they will get an extra reward for it, though i don't think getting merit is that easy. Nice Idea.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:59:36 AM

I have seen a few bounties where they gain extra points for receiving a merit, but often the bounty managers won't go to each post and see if it's merited. They will look at your post listing and do a quick read and count to ensure it meets the requirements

uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:23:59 AM

Lol, I think its bit become an off-topic discussion and if still continues it won't discuss signature campaign (with merited posts) but merit system itself.

Well, as far as I know there is some signature campaign (BTC/XRP/LTC payments) was adopt it to give bonus payment to participants who got merit on their post.

You are not the first who talk about it. But nobody shown an example. Could you tell a link to such campaign. I'm interested in how they organized the process

A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:17:02 PM

I don't think it would work. The altcoin section is a bit of a merit desert. There is hardly any merit handed out as far as I've seen, no matter how helpful or meaningful a post is, there's very little chance it will accrue merit.
In order to gain merit, I think you have to post in the BTC and advanced technical areas. Merit really is for those who have in-depth technical knowledge, rather than just enthusiasts like me. This is fair enough, I think. Personally I could be involved in crypto for say ten years, and I'll never have the insight and expertise of Hero and Legendary members, so it's fitting that I shouldn't ever attain that rank.
Wexnident

Activity: 2534
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:17:32 PM

Well thought idea but this is just an additional job to bounty managers. As far as i know bounty managers can handle campaigns as much as they want as long as they can get the job done and i guess monitoring the participant's posts count. In the end it should be everyone's responsibility to posts quality to help on this forum.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:31:47 PM

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Since there are so many channels in TG where people buy geldings. You probably recently noticed that the forum has a lot of colored trusts-this is another way for scammers to increase their reward. At the moment the bounty system is imperfect but to degrade it by such actions is not worth it.
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:54:03 PM

I have seen a few bounties where they gain extra points for receiving a merit, but often the bounty managers won't go to each post and see if it's merited. They will look at your post listing and do a quick read and count to ensure it meets the requirements

maybe because there are so many participants that it's impossible to check every post.
but actually it cannot be used as an excuse because it has become the work and responsibility of the manager.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 03:15:29 PM

A good idea.  If the projects introduced such an option, then the hunters would become even more eloquent.  Promotion leads to improved performance.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 03:51:02 PM

The managers could definitely use this to gauge a participant's ability to create helpful posts and award them extra stakes. This would in turn motivate bounty hunters to improve their post quality. They could also trace users with multi accounts and ban them if they thought of increasing their merit through their alts.

joeperry

Activity: 2128
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:04:03 PM

As a bounty manager it's really hard for them to check all of the post. What I'm referring is that they don't have time to open each of the post and the thread on where it was posted because we all know that a qualified posts that should me meritted are the posts that are constructive and really participating to a conversation of a certain topic and the manager also need to consider the volume of the posts on where the person posted.

To summarize this:

Positive:
- A lot of participants will going to post constructive posts
- A big traffic on the project

Negative:
- Needed a lot of smerits (probably the manager should be a merit source)
- The manager will focus on its participants on giving merits and probably miss a lot of users that deserves a merits also
- A lot of work and efforts for the manager to check posts 1 by 1 including: Number of posts of the thread when the time he posted that, quality of its participation to a certain topic, etc.

uralcryptocoin (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:38:48 PM

As a bounty manager it's really hard for them to check all of the post. What I'm referring is that they don't have time to open each of the post and the thread on where it was posted because we all know that a qualified posts that should me meritted are the posts that are constructive and really participating to a conversation of a certain topic and the manager also need to consider the volume of the posts on where the person posted.

To summarize this:

Positive:
- A lot of participants will going to post constructive posts
- A big traffic on the project

Negative:
- Needed a lot of smerits (probably the manager should be a merit source)
- The manager will focus on its participants on giving merits and probably miss a lot of users that deserves a merits also
- A lot of work and efforts for the manager to check posts 1 by 1 including: Number of posts of the thread when the time he posted that, quality of its participation to a certain topic, etc.

You are right. It's enough hard work for bounty managers. But campaign starters\developers should reward the managers correspondingly.
There are campaigns of moderations ANN topics so the analysis of merited posts also could be included in this scheme

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: