Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you guys mining with your AMD cards?  (Read 675 times)
ronnieb (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 04:48:05 AM

I have 11 RX 580s pointed to beam as of right now.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnnie18

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 07:02:37 AM

Mining, for now, is not good so better have to participate in the bounty program or airdrop.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 07:43:52 AM

Right now they are basically shut off due to power costs. Will most likely get them powered up again if the new XMR fork is profitable. However I have a feeling that the profitability will only be good for a week or so until all the ETH miners end up switching over.

Really hope the ProgPOW gets added to ETH and then maybe we might see decent profits again, however I wouldn't count on it because even if the profitability goes up, many GPUs will just go back online again and raise the difficulty.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 08:51:12 AM

Beam support here. Long time miner. good to see many people interested in mimblewimble and privacy.
Latest wallet was released just yesterday... RPC added  Grin
feel free tp ping me if you need any assistance. Here, telegram and discord.
iRonNuke

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:35:33 PM

Are there any decent BEAM miner for AMD nowadays? I'm mining Vertcoin with my AMD cards. Only thing that is still profitable right now with my expensive electricity.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 01:37:20 PM

Beam is a scam project, why would you mine something that has a huge founders tax. It is just another pump and dump scam.

Right now just mining ethereum and monero, not really making money but the free heat is nice.
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 01:47:15 PM

Are there any decent BEAM miner for AMD nowadays? I'm mining Vertcoin with my AMD cards. Only thing that is still profitable right now with my expensive electricity.

yes lolMiner

https://github.com/Lolliedieb/lolMiner-preview/releases

MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 02:42:09 PM

I have 11 RX 580s pointed to beam as of right now.

I started selling most of my cards a few months back.
Still left with few which are down as of now.
Anyway, I definitely believe that even if the price corrects itself to some good levels like $400-500 for ETH which can take some time, there will always be GPU miners that will turn it on proportionally to the profit that they will be making after electricity cost. (A linear than exponential.)
fluxy12

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 02:58:55 PM

I have 24 rx580 (like you i'm a little desperate).

It is winter here so i use 12 of them for Heat mining Zcoin.

After that i will turn them off and try to sell them but that's not easy prices are really low now and the true buyers (gamers) don't want this cards Sad

Bad time for us my friend Sad
iRonNuke

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 03:35:42 PM

After that i will turn them off and try to sell them but that's not easy prices are really low now and the true buyers (gamers) don't want this cards Sad

It's quite sad. RX 570/580 are great for gaming actually. But most of the gamers just want Nvidia.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 03:42:19 PM

It's quite sad. RX 570/580 are great for gaming actually. But most of the gamers just want Nvidia.

PC games amd or nvidia, now regarding other things, nvidia drivers compatibility to other things are better so reason they prefer if performance is not justified like it has been for a long time, amd has not been a competition on the high end for a long time, my point is amd has to have the performance on their side and the drivers have to better or equal than nvidia features.

Crypto nowdays can be mined with nvidia better than amd, i mean look at progpow, nvidia does a lot lot lot lot better than amd on that one, only thing amd was doing better than nvidia was cryptonight and ethash. If you are a cryptocoin miner then i 'd say buying amd gpus is like shooting yourself in the head.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
ronnieb (OP)

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 12:38:12 AM

Waiting on RYO coin to fork to cryptonight-GPU on the 14th. apparently ASIC and FPGA resistant lol

Hopefully that will be profitable for a little bit before summer hits!
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 07:20:46 PM

Waiting on RYO coin to fork to cryptonight-GPU on the 14th. apparently ASIC and FPGA resistant lol

Hopefully that will be profitable for a little bit before summer hits!

3.76 Mh/s total hash. I don't think forking is going to help with profits.
Bulitt

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 08:03:04 PM

Cryptonight. I wont reveal which one Im mining but lets just say Im merge mining 2 coins at once. 1 HD 7850 1GB, 1 R9 270X 2GB, 1 RX 580 8GB. ~$0.50/day.

Ether-1 is a good ethash coin for 2GB cards, I just didnt get as good as profits as having both cards doing the same algo (7850 cant run ethash, only 1GB)

Bathmat

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:29:33 AM

MoneroOcean XMR pool with algo-switching for maximum profit.

Sometimes ETH. Sometimes Nicehash (ETH and/or Beam). Sometimes rent on MRR.
Metarhorn

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:40:31 AM

I'm mining Eth currently. Maybe I'm too lazy to find something other.
I have mined Grin just for fun when it started.
corrado25

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:09:19 AM

AMD is always a better mining ethash algorithm. Even though mining is not a profitable business as when but if, for example, mining ETH now and not to sell but to wait for higher prices then in the future you can not make a bad job. Although it is better to just buy ETH, I'm some other good coin because now very low than mning now

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: