Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some of the key points you are/were looking in ICO projects to judge it  (Read 15529 times)
blockchain2k (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 44

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 11:18:05 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 10:08:46 AM by blockchain2k

My question to everyone reading this thread today is, what are your personal key points you are or were looking for into any ICO project on which you could better judge the quality?

UPDATED:

Thank you all for your valuable input, it has helped us to make the best ICO project would could! For more info check out the ANN thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5123256

Whitepaper here - https://www.cryptomarketads.com/CMA_whitepaper.pdf

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 11:53:35 AM

For me is the team profile or their expertise. Its important that the people behind any ICO will be working knowing they have the skills to pull it off.
The big advisor means if the platform is very well known by the big players. it can be determined as a point to judge how good that ico. Another important thing just like the identity of the team itself.
A good ico will always have a big community that actively watching the development.
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 12:03:00 PM

I judge whether the ICO is good or not based on its rating in ICOBench. Because the ICOBench team has definitely assessed ICO projects from various aspects such as vision and mission, products, teams, or profiles. So if the ICO project has a good rating on ICOBench it is definitely a good project too.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:04:46 PM

Well for me its mainly about what are want to deliver, is it going to help the cryptocurrency space in general? So it a fresh new project we haven't seen before ? How capable are the teams ? Expertise? Or just mediocre ? These are very important when trying to spot a very good project ,too many ICOs this days are just same copies of the old ones

joeperry

Activity: 2142
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:41:22 PM

1. Public appearances of the team (for example attending cryptocurrency conferences, pictures of the team together or their partnership,etc.)
2. Problem that the team will solve.
3. Solution they're going to implement.
4. Roadmap and technical details.
5. Achievements of the team and their preferences.

Additional:
- Appearance of their website
- Professionalism of their whitepaper (Easy to understand but you professionally constructed)
- Active community
- Ahead of their roadmap

We all have our own ways to judge or to choose an ICO we want to invest in but here are just some of my key points on choosing a good/great ICO project.

ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 01:56:35 PM

Hello Bitcoin Forum. You guys are great with responding to my https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4732575.0 thread. As some of you may know, it is in our best interest to deliver an outstanding ICO project this year, very soon. I personally love to take things many steps further to ensure the maximum success rate without a doubt.

My question to everyone reading this thread today is, what are your personal key points you are or were looking for into any ICO project on which you could better judge the quality?

We do not want to miss a single thing that we might have overlooked before we are going to officially launch the project.

Thank you, you are great!

I personally consider the fact that the project is fully alive in the market like its team is working hard for the project to success, also, they are not anonymous meaning to say they are transparent.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 02:10:37 PM

Most important thing is product itself. Try to understand the whitepaper. How the project will help, what new problem it can solve etc. Then, obviously the team behind the project. And then we should look at the advisor team and sponsors and partnership who are interested in the project. Also monitor their activities in social networks, how they interact with users
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 02:21:41 PM

According to me team members are very important for any good icos and that's why I always tried to check team members and their experience very deeply.
s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 02:22:45 PM

Hello Bitcoin Forum. You guys are great with responding to my https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4732575.0 thread. As some of you may know, it is in our best interest to deliver an outstanding ICO project this year, very soon. I personally love to take things many steps further to ensure the maximum success rate without a doubt.

We do not want to miss a single thing that we might have overlooked before we are going to officially launch the project.

Thank you, you are great!

For me the key point that im looking for into the ICO is their team. Their whitepapers. Roadmaps and what the project is all about.
Also their marketing strategy. I don't want my token without value after ICO

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 03:33:16 PM

1. Public appearances of the team (for example attending cryptocurrency conferences, pictures of the team together or their partnership,etc.)
2. Problem that the team will solve.
3. Solution they're going to implement.
4. Roadmap and technical details.
5. Achievements of the team and their preferences.

Additional:
- Appearance of their website
- Professionalism of their whitepaper (Easy to understand but you professionally constructed)
- Active community
- Ahead of their roadmap

We all have our own ways to judge or to choose an ICO we want to invest in but here are just some of my key points on choosing a good/great ICO project.

This is a good list already but if I may add, I would like an ICO project to have a model or prototype as early as token sale stage or even prior to that.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2019, 02:53:45 AM

Real teams that have backgrounds in their fields, experienced Team Advisors bring ICO to success, best ratings from ICO rating sites, whitepapers that describe projects, clear products and companies registered in a country. I think that can be a consideration for investors
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 04:35:07 AM

No hidden information about the people who are involved of developing the project. It's very much important on who are those people working on it. There are ICOs that has the same advisors, developers and other staffs so you can base their work on those past projects that they made.

And when done with validating and checking the team members, next the project itself. How reliable are the information they are proposing to the investors and next to it is on how usable the token, the projects use and on how reachable their proposed caps.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2019, 04:36:59 AM

For me there are some features i will look into to consider it good, these includes the use case, what does the project aim to solve, is it a copy and paste of another project, also i would be looking at the team and those backing the project . Now that being said, i will check their social platform to check how active the project is. I think this will give a clue.

blockchain2k (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 44

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:36:50 AM

Excellent points guys! We have pretty much-covered everything listed here. You may list more aspects which you are taking into consideration.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:43:39 AM

By far the most important thing is the transparency of people behind the project (developers team), I mean access to detailed profiles on LinkedIn and social media.
It is also very important to provide as much detail as possible about the registration of the project as a company.
Transparent roadmap. Tokens economics. Exchange listsing plan.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
KingDome

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:51:15 AM

First of all i usually judge their team and the project. Then we determine if the man behind the project is legit or not. After that, we gonna find a problem between it.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:28:35 AM

My main point is the idea of the project. Many projects are just copying other idea and add some idea to make it looks better.  For me a good project is which has a fresh idea and has opportunity to be bigger in the future. Other point is the team and developer behind the project. I usually check their LinkedIn profiles, their expert ice and their experience in the area of their project idea. Of course, I will also check if the team profiles are fake or real.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:35:04 AM

Well OP, i think i will commend your consistency in keeping the community abreast on your intended project. I this should continue all the way, even after the projects, you will gain a wide acceptance and a successful project is inevitable.
The problem you intend solving is very paramount and you must be sure you are able to do that. If your product is ready is can be used (coupled with its ability to perform the task it is meant for), that will attract investors, not just during the ICO, but even after.
For every good project mass adoption is very essential.
Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:54:53 AM

Since there are already some projects in the crypto market that have proven themselves well, I think that a very good sign will be that such a project will support what a new project. If I see have a new project in associates what any successful project, then this adds me confidence in it.

septi.JR

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:59:20 AM

of course the website and team are clear, ICO is indeed a lot of scams, but some are really successful

maybe my rating is on telegram channels and active social media updates every day

````````````````██
```````````````████
``````````````██████``█
`````````````▓▓██████`██
````````````▓▓▓██████████
```````````▓▓▓▓▓██████████
``````````▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████
`````````███████████████████
````````█████████████████████
```````███████████████████████
`````██████████████████████████
````███████████``````███████▓▓▓▓