Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The used of Bitcoin in Africa  (Read 20398 times)
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 09:33:34 PM

Africa and some third world countries are easily adapting Bitcoin technology because they see a great potential and hoping that it will help them in terms of financial issues. I also noticed that newly created Blockchain projects are targeting Africa because of massive people who are into Bitcoin.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zee11225

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 06:29:38 AM

The idea of cryptocurrency has really grown in Africa.  I have a friend in one African country university and he told me there are several programmes held on their campuz on blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Africa is a promising continent for future technology because it is still open to potential human resources and natural resources. In a modern country it is full of technology, where people have many choices to use. Unlike Africa, which is moving towards progress, thirst for technology.
As long as the government and society move along the course of course Africa for the next few decades can become an economic power that deserves to be taken into account. Including the use of digital technology to maximize Bitcoin and empower the blockchain which is very efficient for all fields.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:45:28 AM

Africa and some third world countries are easily adapting Bitcoin technology because they see a great potential and hoping that it will help them in terms of financial issues. I also noticed that newly created Blockchain projects are targeting Africa because of massive people who are into Bitcoin.
- I don't think people in Africa are adapting and very active with using crypto and bitcoin because their living conditions and development do not seem to allow too many people to participate in this area, they are still very tired and trying to fight everyday life, using a technology like crypto and bitcoin, that is not the job they can do. People who are active in using crypto in Africa, these are probably criminals, they want to invest and launder money, even using crypto and bitcoin to buy weapons and buy banned items, a very popular thing with special features of bitcoin

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
lobster88

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:56:32 AM

Wow Africa is doing a great performance in the crypto currency community. One time, I have been read an article where in Africa, there are many activities regarding blockchain where a lots of people are aiming to gain knowledge and different ways to use them. For now, I can say that this could be the chance of the continent of Africa to a better changes despite its current state in its government issues.
kelz1
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:57:45 AM

Africa is going to be the new south america. It is perfect for bitcoin as it is transparent so no more corruption by officials

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:27:44 PM

Countries in the African continent are very good at utilizing technological advances, including in the field of financial transactions, many projects have sprung up from these countries. even because there are already regulations on bitcoin in these countries, many people are interested in using crypto currency as a tool for financial transactions.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 11:20:28 PM

This topic has taught me a great lesson because Africa is considered as a continent that is in general, an always late in development and if people on this continent are ready to accept and use crypto in such a manner, I see crypto adoption to be very easy because even those we considered as the last to learn have learnt to learn what is good and active trading it.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 12:57:55 AM

Africa is one of the continents that embrace cryptocurrency. Although most of the countries are underdeveloped and developing, people are gradually adopting cryptocurrency and its investment. The cryptocurrency merchants are also keen on the provision of crypto services to the extent of allowing the purchase of mobile phone airtime and payment of some TV satellite stations with cryptocurrency. If much crypto infrastructure is diverted to Africa, cryptocurrency will meet another rise in cryptocurrency adoption.

hatsuneczelmiku

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 02:07:19 AM

I have been read some articles that in the African continent, there are lots of people there that are so eager to learn and understand the world of crypto currencies. Isn't it is very pleasant to hear about. As for what I can see the community of crypto there are getting better. They are making the use of it into maximize and bring new better changes for all the people's lives there.
Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 02:51:10 AM

Viewed from the contents of your topic, I conclude that in Africa for now there is sufficient knowledge in the world of crypto, especially Bitcoin, yes, this country is very chaotic both from society to the contents of nature that does not produce much fruit, except for many wild animals .
I hope that in the future, crypto in Africa will be received well and developed.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:00:55 AM

African countries needs help to fight poverty since for all this time they are being abused by othr countries that takes their natural resources because africa is vry rich on those areas

Now they saw an opportunistic chance in form of cryptocurrency and they will take all the chances for them to grow big

This is one of the best action africa has made and i hope seeing them go bigger together with asian countries as well
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 03:24:44 AM

Africa still not have good place for bitcoin because many country still not understand about how to use bitcoin, maybe need promotion on africa how to make bitcoin become more popular transaction there.

People in Africa want currencies that aren't printed by the central banks there though. You can sell USD easily...They were also first to adopt mobile payments with MPesa but the fees using M-pesa are up to 20%, people will definitely adopt bitcoin more over time.

It's the on-ramps and off-ramps to buy bitcoin in Africa that need to increase and have easy ways to move Rand or USD there into crypto. These countries have the most to gain from acquiring sound money.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:35:37 AM

Bitcoins has been used by all Africans and that is good for the economy as it helps in the over all development of the people and the economy as whole and it helps to eradicate  major issues like unemployment issues and poverty from the continent. The people of African countries were ready to accept the new technology and embrace it with both hands as they wanted to bring a change in their country like freedom of finances which is possible only with bitcoins and block chain technology. Bitcoins has been used mostly by all the people in Africa and this has changed their lifestyle of living and has brought a positive impact in their lives.

chrisjohny4316

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 04:44:00 AM

Thats good meanwhile I believe the most scammer are from these countries
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 07:54:21 AM

It is very great that Africa seems to be embracing the blockchain technology at its developmental stage and not wait till the latter times when they come on board. From the news that i have also read it seems South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya seems to be the countries that are really pushing for the acceptance of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Hopefully all the others would join soon.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
southafricadude

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 07:20:07 AM
Merited by d5000 (1)

All we know that africa is not progressive country. I think they will not easily adopt the system because  most of them are not aware in using technology. I think if they already know and adopt the system of using bitcoin they will have a chance or opportunity to change or improve their life to make it better.

Africa is a continent comprising of 54 different countries, all with their own laws and governments. Some are more or less progressive than others in Africa and the rest of the world.
There is definitely awareness of the technology, including other blockchain technologies other than bitcoin. I think the blockchain Africa conference has been running a few years now, and that always has regulators and people from different big banks etc in Africa in attendance. The banks and regulators in South Africa work with the exchanges to make sure users are doing KYC and AML, have proof of residence etc.

Unfortunately many people in these countries are drawn to bitcoin as a way to 'get rich quick', since pyramid and ponzi schemes are running rampant. I would say at least half of everyone involved in crypto is in some sort of scheme, based on the people who contact me for information. While it could be used to make lives better, it often makes things worse for those who get sucked into ponzi schemes. The best you can do is keep helping people to do things properly the 'legit' way.

Website:Bitcoin South Africa - Twitter: @bitcoinzar - Facebook: @bitcoinzar
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:43:43 AM

The problem is that bitcoin needs connectivity to operate and Africa doesn't have the right infrastructure. In cities it will work well, but they need to push the internet as far out as possible before mainstream adoption

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:46:10 AM

All we know that africa is not progressive country. I think they will not easily adopt the system because  most of them are not aware in using technology. I think if they already know and adopt the system of using bitcoin they will have a chance or opportunity to change or improve their life to make it better.
Look how stupid this post was,do you know AFRICA?It is not a country instead it’s a continent that compose of more than 50 countries and you are the only person here that think africa is not progressive country(continent)because thats why they are embracing cryptocurrency for progress and not just for anything,i guess you’re the one must have progression and must learn to use google first before posting because you don’t know how offending your comments was.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:51:48 AM

Look how stupid this post was,do you know AFRICA?It is not a country instead it’s a continent that compose of more than 50 countries and you are the only person here that think africa is not progressive country(continent)because thats why they are embracing cryptocurrency for progress and not just for anything,i guess you’re the one must have progression and must learn to use google first before posting because you don’t know how offending your comments was.

he isnt the only one that thinks africa is a poor country because im also thinking the same  and im sure we arent alone with that . lots of people also think that africa is a poor country because thats what we see and thats what we hear online or offline  but you might be correct . we dont know if africa is still the same or they maybe improve because we are now on the future  .
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 09:27:14 AM

One thing I have realized is that many of the third world countries are rather seeing cryptos more of an investment as opposed to seeing their use cases and that's what is happening on the African continent. The too many failed government systems have opened the eyes of the millennial to adopt this revolution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: