Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make Bitcoin more approachable to common users  (Read 1070 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:30:13 PM

Even after Ten years still Bitcoin is used by Geeks and majority of common citizens doesn't seems to use Bitcoin as a currency or even for trading purposes and I think this situation has occurred because still it is not approachable and that is because even it has all the features for a proper usability majority of people doesn't see Bitcoin as an usable currency for anyone who has basic technical knowledge which is not true but in order to change this situation and make Bitcoin more approachable to common people how its path should change in the future both technically and socially to convince it is a currency for everyone   
We can't blame other people who don't believe in Bitcoin and its purposes because of the negative news published in the media. Furthermore, other people just wan't the easy way to spend money since they are earning fiat, paid in fiat so expect them to spend in fiat. But for those who get paid in Bitcoin, ofcourse they will spend it, use it and trade it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:28:05 AM

Even after Ten years still Bitcoin is used by Geeks and majority of common citizens doesn't seems to use Bitcoin as a currency or even for trading purposes and I think this situation has occurred because still it is not approachable and that is because even it has all the features for a proper usability majority of people doesn't see Bitcoin as an usable currency for anyone who has basic technical knowledge which is not true but in order to change this situation and make Bitcoin more approachable to common people how its path should change in the future both technically and socially to convince it is a currency for everyone   
The easiest way is make bitcoin adopted by e-commerce industry but in that industries is too afraid to accept bitcoin because of the fluctuation price. In one  side it can make their transactions easier amd faster but the other side they have to always convert the bitcoin to the fiat too safe the value from volatility. So the biggest problem for now is the volatility.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:34:38 AM

First, people need to be enlightened about bitcoins, that it is not a tool for the dark web or for some illicit business, second will the development of apps ,incorporated into simple devices such as mobile phones, social networks integrations. If you could make payment in cyptos using you facebook account for example will be a good step
I agreed with this, there are many misconceptions about bitcoin. In my country here, people think bitcoin is a kind of MLM thingy which is very wrong and when i explain it to them about bitcoin, they already don't care and it's hard to change a mindset from that kind of people.
BIP47

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 07:01:13 AM

In order for common people to use bitcoin it needs to be...
- Easy to buy. None of all of this headache with creating multiple accounts and all sorts of verification.
- Easy to spend. Custom miner fees and copy/pasting addresses, etc is for those who are further down the rabbit hole.
- Easy to accept. It's easy enough to accept a payment in person with 2 smartphones and at least 1 of those people who knows what they're doing. But what about setting up a simple web store? Where can I go right now without all sorts of headache and sell stuff for Bitcoin? It doesn't exist.

That's really all the space needs to become successful. If you want people to use something, make it easy to use.
zee11225

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 08:01:28 AM

from many people in this world, perhaps only 35% are using, using and knowing about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency so that wanting to make bitcoin one of the international transaction tools is still a lot of homework to be repaired but we cannot deny that bitcoin growth is wrong one of the drivers of the world economy at this time, and the digital era that supports the various needs of everyday life will be one of the supporting factors for bitcoin to be known to many people in this world
Of course it's easiest by means of promotion or education on social media or other digital media. Besides that a seminar featuring bitcoin owners who are already successful or who can make routine work so that people's assumptions about bitcoin are very good.
Because bitcoin can be a source of income, of course people will be interested and become owners or traders online, so it does not affect the main work that has been undertaken.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 08:40:45 AM

Those people that doesn't have bitcoin make it hard for themselves to buy bitcoin, in reality buying bitcoin is an easy thing to do. There's a lot of method if they really wish to get even just one of it. Making bitcoin more approachable is a task that everyone can do.

They need to be educated first on what bitcoin really is. There's a lot of wrong information that circulates on the web telling on how bad bitcoin is. Telling people on how volatile it is will make them understand that this is the reason why it has no exact price.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 08:49:40 AM

First, people need to be enlightened about bitcoins, that it is not a tool for the dark web or for some illicit business, second will the development of apps ,incorporated into simple devices such as mobile phones, social networks integrations. If you could make payment in cyptos using you facebook account for example will be a good step
I agreed with this, there are many misconceptions about bitcoin. In my country here, people think bitcoin is a kind of MLM thingy which is very wrong and when i explain it to them about bitcoin, they already don't care and it's hard to change a mindset from that kind of people.
Of course, the best way is to do effective awareness creation where Bitcoin will be introduced to many of these people holding misconceptions about it. The HAPO social media app is also another innovative way which is promoting Bitcoin. Users get to interact and share media content with friends and family across the globe as well as earn Bitcoin for referring friends. The app gives an in-depth tutorials on Bitcoin and how it can be used to purchase and transfer funds anywhere around the globe. If numerous platforms adopt this strategy, Bitcoin will gradually meet the main stream adoption.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:29:05 AM

The problem with those kinds of people, they already close minded and doesn't like to hear any explanations regarding to the benefits of this chain,
the system should be recognized more on its usage and not just the investment factors, it's just an additional features of bitcoin and the misconceptions
are still intact, if we wanted to change that, we, as supporters should show how to use it and not just for holding as investment assets.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:19:58 PM

Those people that doesn't have bitcoin make it hard for themselves to buy bitcoin, in reality buying bitcoin is an easy thing to do. There's a lot of method if they really wish to get even just one of it. Making bitcoin more approachable is a task that everyone can do.

They need to be educated first on what bitcoin really is. There's a lot of wrong information that circulates on the web telling on how bad bitcoin is. Telling people on how volatile it is will make them understand that this is the reason why it has no exact price.

For now we had no stable price for bitcoin to be called, but for further updates the trading sites was still on its way for developing a better market demands. Let's encourage everybody to pursue what's they started, and motivate them to gain much stronger faith so that they'll remain calm despite of market instability. Panic will not happen if a person will always stay focus on his goals, greater outcomes will follow.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 01:16:50 PM

Bitcoin is approachable.Do you think it's difficult to create an online wallet and send/receive btc?
Even some idiot can do it.The problem that there aren't places that accept bitcoin payments,due to price volatility,lack of legislation clarity,taxation issues,lack of knowledge about the blockchain/payment gateways,etc.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 04:16:04 PM

In order for common people to use bitcoin it needs to be...
- Easy to buy. None of all of this headache with creating multiple accounts and all sorts of verification.
- Easy to spend. Custom miner fees and copy/pasting addresses, etc is for those who are further down the rabbit hole.
- Easy to accept. It's easy enough to accept a payment in person with 2 smartphones and at least 1 of those people who knows what they're doing. But what about setting up a simple web store? Where can I go right now without all sorts of headache and sell stuff for Bitcoin? It doesn't exist.

That's really all the space needs to become successful. If you want people to use something, make it easy to use.
Stop whining like a little kid and just follow the process, we all have been there and there is no problem as long as you follow the rules. Bitcoin is not that completely perfect and it is still on the process of improving. We can make it all in the process by giving a chance to make it one by one. Bitcoin is not that easy to use so does fiat too.

kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

I agree with your statement mate, as people need to be educated about bitcoin because most of us still thinks that bitcoin is taboo or something illegal without even knowing about it. As bank sponsored media potrays bitcoin I'm bad light it's a common perception from middle class non tech savvy people that it might land them in trouble if they use it. We need to show the real good side of bitcoin to this world.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 11:33:30 AM

I agree with your statement mate, as people need to be educated about bitcoin because most of us still thinks that bitcoin is taboo or something illegal without even knowing about it. As bank sponsored media potrays bitcoin I'm bad light it's a common perception from middle class non tech savvy people that it might land them in trouble if they use it. We need to show the real good side of bitcoin to this world.
That's the current mindset that the people has about bitcoin. All they listen to those negative words that is thrown to bitcoin but they don't want to hear to lighter side of it when someone tries to explain to them what bitcoin really is.

Showing the good side should start from us and I've been doing this when someone asks me what bitcoin is. I'm plainly explaining that it's a very good way to send and receive local or international payments.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 02:02:21 PM

The theory and what you say, hearing everything seems to be very simple but in fact, people around are very hard to accept and hear us explain bitcoin, even if we can explain, they also will quickly forget, instead of searching for more information about bitcoin. Honest to say, if we want Bitcoin can easily approachable for common users, the spread of government is probably the factor to decide that because we can see the influence of government, the scope is always very large and the information they bring, people always think it is very reliable and safe

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Moshaid
Copper Member

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 02:31:41 PM

Not everyone will accept bitcoin even if it's declared by the government. Just like the way some people under cryptocurrency doesn't use forex or such. Apart from this the major issue is on the FUD that's being spread around by media house, personnel, or even a regular users. And with this I don't see common users accepting bitcoin is years to come.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 02:38:13 PM

if you want to makes bitcoin can be use on daily and all people will use bitcoin, i think we should makes bitcoin is legal in all country in the world, after that bitcoin price and cryptocurrency will stable in any price and can be use for daily, the problem is because the price of bitcoin is not stable right now, so we can;t use it for daily currency

thankyoulord

Activity: 475

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 08:14:49 PM

bitcoin can be made more approchable to common users if we take out time in explaining its functionality and importance to them. so many commoners have heard of bitcoin but dont have the slightest idea how it works or why it was created. Most persons only got to hear about it during the bubble towards the end of 2017 when they realized bitcoin turned so many people to millionaires. Apart from that they know nothing. so we should play our part in taking out time to explain bitcoin importance and functionality to them so they see reasons why they should not only invest but also use it for day to day transactions.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 4095

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 08:25:30 PM

In my honest opinion, to make it more approachable / understandable bitcoin must have a some sort of educational ads on mainstream TV. It need more exposure I guess , maybe also introduce bitcoin during school (around gradeschool) . People fear what they dont know , that is why some people stay away from bitcoin. So yeah , guess what I mentioned would be a good start.

Bitcoin has no need for any commercial ads on mainstream TV or anywhere else. Bitcoin is an answer to a need if the folks have no need they aren't going to use Bitcoin (excluding people who heard on YT how BTC is great and supposed to moon soon so they invested in).

The day people will have a need they will look for an alternative. Now we can create this need by explaining the advantages that Bitcoin could give to the person (for example someone could save money on bank transfers). Organically they will learn themselves about it and maybe adopt it.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 08:42:33 PM

I think this post should be about how to make bitcoin more popular and widely used . A lot of people both elite and non-elite are using bitcoin as we speak so it’s not it’s only a certain set of people that are using bitcoin now. We should focus more how to get more people using bitcoin as payment method and as a monetary system that it is designed to be.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 08:59:47 PM

How can someone who isn't interested in bitcoin and does not own any can make it hard for himself to buy? He doesn't care and he doesn't want it. I don't understand what you're trying to say here but from the looks of it it's really complicated Cheesy

To make it approachable you have to make it easy to understand. People don't know how their banks work but they do know how to insert a card into a terminal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: