Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:27:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you buy National Lottery tickets with Bitcoin in your country?  (Read 16510 times)
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:19:08 PM

I am just curious to know if you can buy lottery tickets for your own national lottery in your country. I am not referring to all these scam gambling sites with supposed "Provably Fair" lottery systems.

I bought some lottery tickets online and I was only presented with the old traditional payment options and I figured it is time for us to approach these Lottery operators, to ask for a Bitcoin payment option.  Wink

If enough people ask for this, they just might consider giving us that option to pay with bitcoins.  Grin  What payment options do you have for online lottery in your country?

Here in my country, we cannot use bitcoin to buy a national lottery tickets, even if we try to ask if they accept bitcoin as a payment. Because theres a alot of story here about bitcoin, mostly a ponzi scene and scam act by the people, even though bitcoin is really not like that.
- I think most countries around the world do not accept buying lottery with bitcoin because this payment system is probably too new, countries are still actively researching, they haven't allowed bitcoin to participate in different areas of life, they need to solve bitcoin problems before disseminating it to the people, and the most important thing is that as you say, too much bad and negative news, the government needs to solve it thoroughly. I believe that with the current growth rate of society, we will soon be able to see bitcoin as a payment method, lottery buying with bitcoin is what will happen in the next time

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:59:05 PM

I am just curious to know if you can buy lottery tickets for your own national lottery in your country. I am not referring to all these scam gambling sites with supposed "Provably Fair" lottery systems.

I bought some lottery tickets online and I was only presented with the old traditional payment options and I figured it is time for us to approach these Lottery operators, to ask for a Bitcoin payment option.  Wink

If enough people ask for this, they just might consider giving us that option to pay with bitcoins.  Grin  What payment options do you have for online lottery in your country?

I think this is not the proper time to make bitcoin as mode of payment in the nation lottery, most of the people does not aware yet to this kind of industry or even this mode of payment, as we know national lottery is a gambling game that you need to come to a kiosk to bet your combinations of numbers and most of the time the generation x are the most population in betting in national lottery meaning they dont have idea on using our modern technology.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:12:04 PM

So far i can't herein my country buying tickets with bitcoin for lottery, but can use bitcoin herein my country to pay bills via online wallet hope someday bitcoin can use it to buy tickets.
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:30:36 PM

Although digital currency is not banned in our country, it is not use to buy lottery tickets. We are using our local currency to buy tickets on lottery outlets. Digital currency today are already used to buy prepaid loads and pay bills online and hoping that someday we can used it on lottery.
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:55:40 PM

there are no legal lottery in my countr, and as you know in my country people that use bitcoin just little, they still use the traditional payment like the paper money and debit card, some times they use electronic money, but nobody use bitcoin for make a transaction in the real life

steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:58:05 PM

Sadly there is no lottery/online lottery in my country. Gambling and lottery are banned from my country, that's why there is no lottery here but i still can buy lottery ticket but not the official one and they are only accept real money/fiat. I guess i will request an option to pay with bitcoins.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:35:06 PM

I am really not sure whether they will be accepting because a few people suggested, but if there a huge petition and a percentage of their customers demand that they accept bitcoin, then they might consider, for me it is impossible to buy lotteries online as most of them are state run and online lotteries are illegal and they are shut by the government and i am not a fan of lotteries to begin with. Wink But if you think that you can influence any merchant to start accepting bitcoin, it is a good thing.
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:13:53 PM

In my country, it is also impossible to pay with cryptocurrency for lottery tickets, but I do not think it is important. The main thing that crypto could be accepted as payment in some more necessary areas.

ripplecanavari

Activity: 630
Merit: 37

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:45:12 PM

nope in turkey we cant do that i wish to do that but i believe one day we will not only lottery tickets everything hopefully
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:50:26 PM

Nope, I was never able to purchase anything through bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. I had once bought one domain and paid for the hosting through bitcoin and the site from where I purchase the hosting is from my country.

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 09:04:09 PM

well in my country for now, there is nothing you can buy with bitcoin even though the country is not against you investing in it. I sincerely do hope in time coming which should be sooner than later i will be able to purchase one or two things with bitcoin payment and lottery ticket will be one of it. I always feel excited when i see countries who allow citizens purchase items with bitcoin. Hopefully soon enough every country will be able to accept bitcoin for lottery tickets payment.
Eko prasetyo

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 10:38:03 PM

There is no country in our country, Bitcoin and cryptocurency are not legal in our country. So it's impossible for me to buy with BTC.
 In addition there is no BTC payment option. Yes, hopefully things in our country will be legalized by bitcoin.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:21:08 PM

There is no country in our country, Bitcoin and cryptocurency are not legal in our country. So it's impossible for me to buy with BTC.
 In addition there is no BTC payment option. Yes, hopefully things in our country will be legalized by bitcoin.

Most of the countries nowadays doesn't use crypto as payment because operators of gambling prefer cash as their mode of financial system payments. Its hard to incorporate this thing to digital currency since worldwide doesn't recognize crypto yet. Maybe it took more time to make crypto adoptable for people in order for national lottery to use bitcoin at their comfort so that transactions of gambling bets became more accessible at any place or time.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:47:35 PM

Most of the countries nowadays doesn't use crypto as payment because operators of gambling prefer cash as their mode of financial system payments. Its hard to incorporate this thing to digital currency since worldwide doesn't recognize crypto yet. Maybe it took more time to make crypto adoptable for people in order for national lottery to use bitcoin at their comfort so that transactions of gambling bets became more accessible at any place or time.
Our country hasn't got any legal statement supporting the use of bitcoin as well upon the opposition of bitcoin usage. It all happens with the buyer seller risk, if someone is interested he could explore and find a person selling the national lottery in return of bitcoin. From my experience it is really an impossible task at present. Things could change in the near future.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 11:51:19 PM

There is no way to use your bitcoin with the government agencies, and of course in a Lottery because it is still not legal. If ever, I will still not use bitcoin in Lottery because you only need small amount of money for this so you don't need to complicate things better to use fiat money instead of anything.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2019, 12:29:52 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2019, 01:22:17 AM by Kang Bahar

Nope, I can't. Using Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies as a medium of payment and or buying lottery tickets are prohibited in my country. Because my government had the regulations for both and quite strict about gambling (in my country, lottery tickets is the same as gambling). Even though, I still using fiat to buying some lottery tickets.
kooboat

Activity: 235

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 03:31:18 AM

In my country it is not possible to buy lottery tickets with bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, we are still using the old cash system that is fiat currency. We are hoping things get better with modern trends so payment methods such as the use of bitcoin can be accepted.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●[/
maman567

Activity: 648

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 04:19:38 AM

My country still not allowed using bitcoin as legal payment transaction, only could use bitcoin as investing or trading and never could be legal for payment and buying lottery tickets with bitcoin, maybe only Japan and Russia have legal bitcoin for transaction.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 04:23:37 AM

Nope, I can't. Using Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies as a medium of payment and or buying lottery tickets are prohibited in my country. Because my government had the regulations for both and quite strict about gambling (in my country, lottery tickets is the same as gambling). Even though, I still using fiat to buying some lottery tickets.

it is all about the legality, as of now since the crypto currency has not gained any support from government in terms of legality we should expect most of our transaction is fiat base maybe 1% of establishments in the world accepts crypto as mode of payment, and since if we bet using crypto on national lottery it is hard for them to compute and give the stake on the winners if the betting is splitted in fiat and crypto payment.
EriksonPartners

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 05:57:32 AM

Sadly, can’t do that in my country. Cryptos are not yet legalised and therefore recognised as a legitimate currency. However, I did read that they are planning to put taxes on crypto transactions. Not sure, though, how will they really do this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: