Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I stop using some exchanges  (Read 1532 times)
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 11:29:07 AM

I'm just using certain exchanges. Only if a token from bounty campaigns is traded in a different exchange, then I open a new account in that exchange and sell that token. Otherwise, I usually only trade on five different exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 11:51:14 AM

For security reasons, I don't leave my funds in many exchanges, equally my trading fund has depleted because of the long bearish market. Some exchanges are just too greedy in their transaction fees and withdrawal fees. Peer to peer might replace all these centralized exchanges in the future.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:01:11 PM

For security reasons, I don't leave my funds in many exchanges, equally my trading fund has depleted because of the long bearish market. Some exchanges are just too greedy in their transaction fees and withdrawal fees. Peer to peer might replace all these centralized exchanges in the future.
If it is all about fiat exchanges will always be centralized no matter what you do, exchanges should have to follow or else they don't exist. And that's why we should not leave our funds in any exchanges because when something went wrong we can't do anything about it and they will just leave you a piece of advice and some flowery words that would eventually wither without even getting a single cent.

pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:10:04 PM

Well i am also not using any exchange at the moment. And the reason is the price. The market is down and with this bearish market, there are more chances of loss then profits. So my take is that do trading when the market is going bullish.

This year I have tried trading the last I did was December of this year but because of the market condition I stopped buying and selling coins I also prefer p2p transactions it's hassle-free but some of the top coins can only be traded in the centralized exchange.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
prororo
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

SIGMA

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:12:59 PM

I also use dex exchange for trade but I prefer exchange centralize even though it is very dangerous because many hackers attack but the trading volume in the exchange is very different from the dex exchange which has a low volume.

CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:16:14 PM

I've never been hacked and I'm using a lot of exchanges, even when binance was hacked my balance was safe. Probably I'm just lucky, but I prefer exchanges with big volumes, so it's only big ones not p2p.
Peterdav

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:25:03 PM

I am use a lot of exchange and until this time all is safe. My advice should be careful before logging in alwasy bookmark exchange site that you use.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:30:00 PM

Im never good at trading ,always lose money but how about those who lose money due to exchange been hacked? Well thanks to new exchanges that only support p2p ,no profiles ,no emails ,no passwords, they are the safest out there ,this is why I'm so hooked with changelly since 2016 ,so use this kind of exchanges and you are safe from hacks and phishing who is with me? Other exchanges that are like changelly are ethershift and tokenmom ,there might be others too

I can not say that this is the easiest way. I do not think that it is profitable for traders. Yes, perhaps such transactions are more secure. However, this may not be the best way to make money.

tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:36:50 PM

I have not used the stock exchange for a long time, but speaking of their safety, I want to note that most people lose money because they keep their coins on the stock exchange. Isn't it obvious that the coins should be stored on the wallet, and the exchange should be used only for making transactions.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:41:41 PM

I am use a lot of exchange and until this time all is safe. My advice should be careful before logging in alwasy bookmark exchange site that you use.

Right now, there are numerous trading sites available, yet I will say so that in certainty from all the present trading sites, there are relatively few truly working, I will clarify why, when there was a surge on ICO ventures, around then numerous trades held ICO the sums and propelled their item, however at that point, affected by numerous components, they couldn't appropriately rival the expansive stock trades and just stayed dormant.
KiserHoff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:43:35 PM

I trusted more in binance exchange because seems to me very hard security and surely will not get hack, and it is good to trade because of high volume.
In fact, only services without registration will be able to guarantee the safety of funds, since you do not give them access to all funds, but give only a part for the exchange.

I think that Changenow, in this case, will be the best option for the service without registration. I use them now and find this service very convenient.
I think this is really one of the exchangers that I can trust.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:58:18 PM

Im never good at trading ,always lose money but how about those who lose money due to exchange been hacked? Well thanks to new exchanges that only support p2p ,no profiles ,no emails ,no passwords, they are the safest out there ,this is why I'm so hooked with changelly since 2016 ,so use this kind of exchanges and you are safe from hacks and phishing who is with me? Other exchanges that are like changelly are ethershift and tokenmom ,there might be others too

I have been experimenting with different exchanges lately looking for the best feature and interface. But so far I was not so lucky with my trading compared to last year. Maybe because the market is very bearish right now that returns you get are very minimal.
accesovip

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:05:23 PM

DEX exchanges are the way to go, as it should have been from the beginning. Sadly there is not much volume there yet and sometimes there is no other option than going to a CEX to trade your coins, but hopefully this changes in the next couple of years.

I'm not a trader anyway, but a hodler. One of the projects i'm supporting is Aphelion, a DEX based on NEO. Which has a market cap of "only" 500K. Crazy.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:15:19 PM

Yes, I still don't understand why some exchange will be hack easily, and I have the experience before, the exchange have shut down the exchange and without the notice, and I can't take my coins back and lost the money, so I stop using the new exchange now.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:20:51 PM

it will be difficult to make people aware of doing the same thing as you.
if you do not like centralized exchanges you can choose the exchange you want, but the volume of trading exchanges is centralized far greater than the decentralized exchange.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:38:30 PM

Those capability for a decentralized exchange like p2p,no profiles,no emails, and passwords was awesome .But if you are doing a day trading on any exchange the most important is the exchange trading volumes and those above mentioned capability for me is useless without enough volume and thats my opinion.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:52:21 PM

Its a lesson learned. List it to one of your experiences so you wont forget it.

It aint really about exhcanges getting hacked or just suddenly bankrupt.
It is about you too.
How are you going to keep yourself safe from all of this.
You found your way by using decentralized exchanges but you should still try to be used to going back and forth to your wallet from exchange. Never leave it there.

It aint that itchy for paying the tx fee.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:57:10 PM

I've never been hacked and I'm using a lot of exchanges, even when binance was hacked my balance was safe. Probably I'm just lucky, but I prefer exchanges with big volumes, so it's only big ones not p2p.
Yeah, there are still some exchanges that are safe even though they are experiencing problem. Its ok to quit on some exchanges especially if you incur problems, like hacking or what. Binance is the top choice of every trader/investors but don’t be too complacent on this exchange.
durudara

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 02:14:24 PM

indeed it has become a risk for traders and for that we must be clever to anticipate this by actively reviewing each website/exchange that we will entrust our money to, and if possible after your activity from withdrawing certain exchanges your funds will immediately be stored in a personal wallet you. thus reducing the risk of hacking.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 02:24:00 PM

indeed it has become a risk for traders and for that we must be clever to anticipate this by actively reviewing each website/exchange that we will entrust our money to, and if possible after your activity from withdrawing certain exchanges your funds will immediately be stored in a personal wallet you. thus reducing the risk of hacking.
how can you fully explore the exchange to understand should you trust to them or not. if the exchange is new you can only wait when the reputation will appear
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: