Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:34:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginners & Help – sMerit Distribution Summary  (Read 520 times)
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 07:49:46 AM

I see the peak of the merits distribution on 2020-01. Maybe this is the month where merits had been given as an extension to the christmas and new year's sharing of gifts? LOL

I was kidding but the statistics really show how this section could be a good section to earn merits. In fact almost all of my topics made were here and was merited that even rank me up to full member. I am not bragging about it but it is true that most of my merits was received here. Anyway, thanks to the people around that are generous in giving their merits. I can also see other users hoarding it. Well it is their decision to make and us to decide.

The only thing that I am most concern are those merits given to the users that has been ban. There were users able to get few merits and then now gets ban and appealing in meta section to lift the ban. The smerits were useless now and it could be a reason of low merit circulation in the forum.
DdmrDdmr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10801

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 07:52:32 AM

<…>
I figure the pandemic may have shifted man peoples priorities in either direction (more participation / less participation), that applying both to posters and Merit Sources. In fact, if there are less posts now, the chances are better for people to get their post merited, but Meriters may also be impacted due to the current circumstances, or other real life priorities.

In general terms, 2020 Merit Distribution in B&H is a bit better than 2019, and monthly fluctuations may occur due to multiple factors: Merit Source’s availability, post increase/decrease, content novelty/repetitiveness, other forum boards with posts that have shifted somewhat the focus of Merit Sources, etc.

I don’t see anything particularly wrong with the Merit distribution on B&H, and as I’ve said, monthly distribution will vary due to multiple factors, although this chart (delimited to 2020) is perhaps revealing:

https://public.tableau.com/shared/8YXCCS242?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link

The chart shows that a couple of Meriters that were in the heavyweight during the first couple of months, for whatever reason, became less during the subsequent months (flatter lines show this), or even ceased to be present here (and on the forum really).

https://public.tableau.com/shared/TDCHR8JFC?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link

This second chart shows 4 graphics (nMerits, nTX, nSenders and nReceivers) for B&H. The Senders chart (third) display how many unique Merit Senders have sent at least 1 sMerit in B&H, whilst the Receivers (chart) display the number of distinct recipients of those sMerits on this board. Senders changes from month to month, but overall seems better than prior years. Likewise with Receivers.

I see the peak of the merits distribution on 2020-01. Maybe this is the month where merits had been given as an extension to the christmas and new year's sharing of gifts? <…>
I looked into that in fact. There was a major Merit Source adjustment in November 2019, whereby Merit Source allowance was adjusted (increased in many cases), and some additional accounts where appointed Merit Sources. That, in global terms, placed more Merits in circulation, and could have spiced things up over the following months (including the ATH).

<…> The only thing that I am most concern are those merits given to the users that has been ban. There were users able to get few merits and then now gets ban and appealing in meta section to lift the ban. The smerits were useless now and it could be a reason of low merit circulation in the forum.
They add-up to a pretty penny, but should not really be significant in the big picture. The 97 current Merit Sources can pump up to 21.171 Merits per month into the system (not all are of course), besides what they earn themselves + other members.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: