Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ship me this RFID coil antenna for 30 BTC  (Read 5069 times)
mrb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 08:38:51 AM

I need a pre-made RFID coil antenna of about 2cm diameter, and 0.5-3mH for a small 125kHz RFID project. (I may later need a bulk of them - too lazy to wind them myself). I found only one seller of a similar item, but it is an Australian shop:

http://www.priority1design.com.au/shopfront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7

They don't seem to ship in the US. I would like to ask a fellow Australian to buy it (4.40 AUD), and to ship it to my address in the USA, I will pay you 30 BTC beforehand for your services, completely trusting you that you won't scam me and never ship anything Smiley

Email me for the details m.bevand@gmail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 09:00:26 AM

I think is faster and easier to do it by hands

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 09:38:09 AM

Yeah... I had a hard time finding magnet wire on Digikey, but Mouser seems to have some.
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/629/852.pdf
Anonymous

March 29, 2011, 10:15:47 AM

I can do it . I'll send you an email.

mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 05:52:02 PM

Thanks. Offer taken.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 05:55:50 PM

That said, does anyone know where to buy 36 AWG magnet wire in small quantity? (Mouser sells 6400 feet minimum, or half a pound!)
p1drobert

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 05:22:28 AM

I need a pre-made RFID coil antenna of about 2cm diameter, and 0.5-3mH for a small 125kHz RFID project. (I may later need a bulk of them - too lazy to wind them myself). I found only one seller of a similar item, but it is an Australian shop:

http://www.priority1design.com.au/shopfront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7

They don't seem to ship in the US. I would like to ask a fellow Australian to buy it (4.40 AUD), and to ship it to my address in the USA, I will pay you 30 BTC beforehand for your services, completely trusting you that you won't scam me and never ship anything Smiley

Hi,
I'm from Priority 1 Design and we do ship to the US, and generally all over the world. What made you think we didn't?

Regards
Robert Accardi
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2011, 06:42:41 AM

Doh! I didn't see the "Shipping for International Customers" section on your website. Oh well. At least I helped contribute a little bit to the Bitcoin economy.

On a related subject, please Robert, add Bitcoin as a payment option to your site :-)
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2011, 10:46:47 AM

Hi,
I'm from Priority 1 Design and we do ship to the US, and generally all over the world. What made you think we didn't?

Regards
Robert Accardi

I'm curious, how did you find this thread? Were you a Bitcoin lurker?

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Anonymous

April 01, 2011, 11:37:27 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2011, 12:09:18 PM by noagendamarket

Hi,

Regards
Robert Accardi

Your postal rates are outrageous btw.

Just saying...

On the plus side its super fast Smiley
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2011, 07:33:20 PM

I'm curious, how did you find this thread? Were you a Bitcoin lurker?

Most likely via the HTTP Referer of the dozens of us who clicked that link.
mrb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2011, 04:00:57 AM

noagendamarket can be trusted. He mailed me the RFID antenna. I received it today. Thanks!

*Edit*: does this transaction represents the first international purchase of a physical good, using Bitcoins? That'd be cool.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:53:51 AM

noagendamarket can be trusted. He mailed me the RFID antenna. I received it today. Thanks!

*Edit*: does this transaction represents the first international purchase of a physical good, using Bitcoins? That'd be cool.

Afraid not. A number of such transactions have been done here, in OTC and via Silk Road, and probably in other places.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
p1drobert

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 01:09:05 AM

Doh! I didn't see the "Shipping for International Customers" section on your website. Oh well. At least I helped contribute a little bit to the Bitcoin economy.

On a related subject, please Robert, add Bitcoin as a payment option to your site :-)

Hi

Robert from Priority 1 Design here. In response to various questions and comments.

I found this post as it turned up in my referal listing when I check my web statistics. I like to keep track of how the web site is doing and it pays to see what people are saying about you.

Bitcoin, whats bitcoin? I thought it was just a web site name. I guess I'd better research that.

Yes, shipping costs are too high. Nobody is more annoyed about that than me.
It seems Australia can't seem to ship around the world cheaply, and with tracking. Yet I can receive items from overseas cheaply, in 7 days, with tracking. I expect it might have something to do with the relatively small population of this country. I don't know. I'm open to suggestions.

Regards
Robert Accardi
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 07:52:18 AM

Bitcoin, whats bitcoin? I thought it was just a web site name. I guess I'd better research that.
How cute, he doesn't even know he stumbled upon a revolution in the making. Cheesy
Welcome to Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
p1drobert

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 12:57:03 AM

How cute, he doesn't even know he stumbled upon a revolution in the making. Cheesy

Hi,

Robert for priority 1 design here.  Ok, I researched bitcoin. I thought it was interesting but ultimately doomed to failure. We already have a means to barter with, its called real money. If I could buy things like food and clothes and petrol then it would be useful, but then eventually the tax department would tax it like ordinary money as well, removing any benefit from it.

The other fatal problem is that anyone can generate their own bitcoins. People would leave their computers running 24/7 generating these things which would waste a lot of electricity, and computation power that could better be used elsewhere. The world is heating up and power usage should not be taken lightly.
Any newly created bitcoins would also tend to devalue existing bitcoins. It really is like people printing their own money. Inflation would run away in such an economy.

Sorry.

Regards
Robert
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2011, 05:44:47 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2011, 06:08:17 AM by Holy-Fire

Hi,

Robert for priority 1 design here.  Ok, I researched bitcoin. I thought it was interesting but ultimately doomed to failure. We already have a means to barter with, its called real money. If I could buy things like food and clothes and petrol then it would be useful, but then eventually the tax department would tax it like ordinary money as well, removing any benefit from it.

The other fatal problem is that anyone can generate their own bitcoins. People would leave their computers running 24/7 generating these things which would waste a lot of electricity, and computation power that could better be used elsewhere. The world is heating up and power usage should not be taken lightly.
Any newly created bitcoins would also tend to devalue existing bitcoins. It really is like people printing their own money. Inflation would run away in such an economy.

Sorry.

Regards
Robert
Hi Robert,

You have misunderstood some things about how Bitcoin works (not your fault, the current explanations are terrible).

1. There will never be more than 21 Million bitcoins. The difficulty of creating bitcoins is dynamically updated based on the total computing power of the network. At this point in time 7000 bitcoins are generated per day, and if someone decided to buy all the computers in the world and use them to generate bitcoins, there will still be 7000 bitcoins generated per day. Generation per day is set to decrease on a known schedule so there will never be more than 21M.

2. Creating Bitcoin blocks does requires energy, yes. Printing banknotes and shipping them internationally, and running servers for Visa, PayPal, banks etc. also requires energy, perhaps much more. The energy spent is more than outweighed by the benefits.

3. You can use government-issued money, yes. But Bitcoin has an endless list of advantages. Off the top of my head: Every person can store their own wealth securely, they can transfer money internationally easily, quickly and cheaply (unlike wire transfers that require $50 fees, filling forms and waiting a few days, or CC/PP which require 3% fees), transactions cannot be reversed (a major issue for people who accept PP), there is no single point of failure, it's an international currency which gives it more stability.

4. You can buy various things with bitcoins, and the list keeps expanding. You can even buy food, although indirectly (there are vendors who will sell you gift cards to restaurants and retails shops for bitcoins).

I don't expect you to hop on the Bitcoin bandwagon, but do know that Bitcoin isn't going anywhere.

Anonymous

April 29, 2011, 05:51:38 AM

Thanks mrb glad I could be of service.

Anonymous

April 29, 2011, 05:56:24 AM

Hi,

Robert for priority 1 design here.  Ok, I researched bitcoin. I thought it was interesting but ultimately doomed to failure. We already have a means to barter with, its called real money. If I could buy things like food and clothes and petrol then it would be useful, but then eventually the tax department would tax it like ordinary money as well, removing any benefit from it.

Sorry.

Regards
Robert

Thats ok I will buy stuff from you and ship it to anyone. So essentially you'll be accepting bitcoins you just wont know it . 

noagenda=profit  Smiley
p1drobert

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 07:31:01 AM

Hi Robert,

You have misunderstood some things about how Bitcoin works (not your fault, the current explanations are terrible).

Hi Holy-fire.

Thank you for clarifying the topic for me. Yes, I can see the benefit of being able to transfer money without using banks. I'm pretty annoyed with bank fees myself. Unfortunately the current lack of shops where bitcoin is accepted is a large stubbling block. However I'll keep an open mind about it and we'll see what develops in the future.

Regards
Robert Accardi
Priority 1 Design
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: