Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:39:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your general sentiment on soft-caps for ICO's?  (Read 780 times)
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:47:36 PM

Softcap is the minimum funding goal that needs to achieve in able for a new project to build their platform and sustain the financial needs to run it. you can't run a project without valuation on how much money is needed for it to be live that is why softcap is created and its the main target for an ICO projects.
If that is the case, then why create hardcap, does that mean that hardcap is a scam, because virtually every ICO I have seen out there does not only make request for softcap alone but hardcap too, either the ones that requires sizeable initial capital investment or not because I don’t see why a project should quote less than what is required, if you look at the difference between the softcap and hardcap, you will realize that it is quite high gap.

After all, there is no policy in the market that says the two as to come hand in hand, so if a project needs to have only softcap, let them state on softcap, and the one that need hardcap, let them state it and also state reasons for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:07:52 PM

Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?

I think softcap plays a vital role that will determine the success of the ICO. I know that some ICO scam also reach softcap but hear me out. If an ICO reach their softcap, it just shows how many people are interested in the project and the higher the amount of softcap that is reach, the better.
Aligab166

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:17:42 PM

Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?
I generally don't have a good feeling when it comes to project softcaps. I don't see any need for it. Any amount of money raised during ICO should be used in executing the project.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
bestpikka

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:32:01 PM

I think the soft cap is very necessary for an ICO project because the soft cap is a sign of their minimum fund to run the project. thus can be more convincing to investors in supporting the project.
boty

Activity: 1148
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:34:00 PM

I think softcap plays a vital role that will determine the success of the ICO. I know that some ICO scam also reach softcap but hear me out. If an ICO reach their softcap, it just shows how many people are interested in the project and the higher the amount of softcap that is reach, the better.

indeed with softcap, at least it can make some ico able to continue the project they want to develop, but there are some ICOs who cheat and do not keep their plans so that they run away from investors' funds. Currently there are many like that.

pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 04:35:43 PM

Most softcap is the inflated or fake investment added by the scammy ICO's projects to create an illusion that their project is worth investing, Ive seen projects showing they already reach their softcap but in reality they haven't get a single satoshis from anyone. Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:59:35 PM

It is necessary to have one. This is a statement of the minimum funding required for the project to be viable. The question marks around caps really are their levels. If a softcap or hardcap looks unreasonably high, I take it as a bit of a warning sign against the project.
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:00:45 PM

Like many people, I simply cannot understand why we need to make all of our investments with you in order to achieve softcap, because I think that all this definitely does not have a serious relationship to the project.
ajdar.muxin.79

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:43:11 PM

I have already met enough projects that have hold their token sales without even having a soft cap and these were the most successful projects, because already before the sales begin they have provided a working product.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 06:02:42 PM

Most soft caps are realistic though there are ones that are very ridiculous. There are some that are way way out of target. Investors of late are scared to invest due to so many scam projects

Boombull

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 06:05:01 PM

Soft cap is important for the initial development of the project. Let's assume they have already done all things needed to show the project to the world, they need the softcap to woeh on the basic goal of the project which can be seen by the supporters of the project.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 06:50:56 PM

The current belief of people about softcaps has almost decreased due to the lack of transparency regarding funds and in the end also got the suspicion that many projects were manipulating their funds
Sad but true, this issue regarding to collected funds is one of the reasons why investors are no longer interested with projects that was been introduced, knowing that there's no transparency and most of the fake projects can easily manipulated the amount, it's really needed to be more extra careful believing as soft cap can be a good indications while in the other hand it's also ways to trick target investors.
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:45:45 PM

Development needs funds  so ICO is a good fund raising method. It is different question how realistic
are the soft cap / hard cap targets. Very often, they are oversized without any reason.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 11:47:25 PM

Soft-cap is necessary for increasing the investor confidence and attracting more potential customers to the project. Teams can sell their project to other investor if their idea is worth more than pre-determined soft cap.
evanescence

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 12:07:22 AM

It's a sign of high confidence, as a matter of fact. If teams didn't believe they'd reach it, they wouldn't even bother with the ICO. I personally see nothing wrong with it...

Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 04:27:32 AM

The question on soft cap is very non-standard, since it is a certain insurance for the project, the fact is that the project always calculates the minimum amount necessary for the initial development of the functional and this is a soft cap, of course, it is possible without it if the project does not set any goals but this is unlikely.
That is why they launch ICO, to raise more money for the development of their project. We've seen some projects that have already a ready product thus they still choose to have an ICO. I still don't see ICO that don't have soft cap otherwise they don't do ICO.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:23:36 AM

Some new projects require fundraising and this Soft Cap is at least a predetermined sales target. If the fund collection does not reach the minimum sales target, I think the project will fail and maybe the investor's money will be returned.
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:32:33 AM

If I see the project did not reach soft cap, it doesn't mean that this project is bad. I know many examples when the projects have had a good grow on the exchange after bad ico.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:38:57 AM

I think the soft cap is very necessary for an ICO project because the soft cap is a sign of their minimum fund to run the project. thus can be more convincing to investors in supporting the project.
but actually the guarantee regarding softcap will make it a road or not it is not determined by it because it is funding to run while whether it is successful or not is not a determination

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
GGmith

Activity: 394

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:41:35 AM

it is their procedure that the softcup stage in my opinion is important because it shows that the project can develop after that there are still other stages. at least if the project can reach the softcup stage it's not too bad. especially considering that the market is not in good condition, some of them do not reach the softcup stage either ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: